Greatest Adventures released on the Virtual Console

Ska

Oh thanks for the heads up!

I downloaded this a few years ago to play through an emulator, but never really got around to playing it. And I somehow missed it during the SNES days (I was more of a Sega Genesis man at the time).

AlivePoet

avidfilmbuff said:
I only wish this website wouldn't refer to Crystal Skull as an abomination.

Oh my oh me, another media outlet bashing the daylights out of the same film everyone else has/is. How original. How thought-provokingly unheard of.

How delightfully conformist. :)

Nurhachi1991

I had the SNES version but I dont have my SNES anymore ): Still have the game though I could pass any level with ease except the Walter Donavan skeleton!!!

Now If VC releases MoonWalker Ill be all set!

UIMJ

I've never actually been able to find a ROM for this title, so I'll get it downloaded on my girls' Wii.

indyclone25

i have the game cartridge on snes but dont have the system , and we baought the emulator version at a comic convention and my son played it but only got through a few levels using the computer controls , but now having the availablity to get the game on the console will be great!!!:D

Nurhachi1991

Got it last night and I cant for the life of me beat the mine cart chase............ I used to have it down to a science but I cant do it!

UIMJ

Nurhachi1991 said:
Got it last night and I cant for the life of me beat the mine cart chase............ I used to have it down to a science but I cant do it!

I've only played it twice since downloading it, but I actually can't get past the damn boulder at the beginning of the game! LMAO!

Crack that whip

Have any other Indy games been rereleased via the Virtual Console - any of the NES ones, say, or Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for the N64?

I do know that between actual Wii releases, GameCube compatibility, the Virtual Console and a complete vintage title included as an unlockable on a new one, one can have and play at least six different Indy titles on the Wii (Staff of Kings, Fate of Atlantis, Greatest Adventures, Emperor's Tomb, and LEGO Indy 1 & 2). Adding just a few more would probably make it as close to being the definitive platform for Indy gaming as is possible...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Crack that whip said:
Have any other Indy games been rereleased via the Virtual Console - any of the NES ones, say, or Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for the N64?

I do know that between actual Wii releases, GameCube compatibility, the Virtual Console and a complete vintage title included as an unlockable on a new one, one can have and play at least six different Indy titles on the Wii (Staff of Kings, Fate of Atlantis, Greatest Adventures, Emperor's Tomb, and LEGO Indy 1 & 2). Adding just a few more would probably make it as close to being the definitive platform for Indy gaming as is possible...

Save for the PC, which only has Staff of Kings and Greatest Adventures as notable exceptions, really. But it's still the original platform for the Last Crusade graphic adventure, Fate of Atlantis, Desktop Adventures, Infernal Machine, and Emperor's Tomb. And the Lego games work just fine on it too.

indyclone25

having a blast playing the game on the wii , just tring to remember how i played it so many years ago is the problem , i used to know all the special tricks , oh well , i guess i just play again , and hope i can live through the levels :D

Stoo

Help

Pardon these newbie questions but I'm in the dark on this...How do you download the game? The site says you need to register to post comments but nothing about having to do so in order to download. I can't find the download link. If/when it is downloaded, is it playable on a PC or will I need this "Virtual Console" thing? What is "Virtual Console"?:confused:

Ska

Stoo said:
Pardon these newbie questions but I'm in the dark on this...How do you download the game? The site says you need to register to post comments but nothing about having to do so in order to download. I can't find the download link. If/when it is downloaded, is it playable on a PC or will I need this "Virtual Console" thing? What is "Virtual Console"?:confused:

Stoo...the Virtual Console is the Nintendo Wii's online shop. You can only purchase it and play it on a Wii.

I've love a Infernal Machine download for the Wii. I've yet to finish it on my old PC.

Stoo

Ska (the artist formerly known as SKAbatula) said:
Stoo...the Virtual Console is the Nintendo Wii's online shop. You can only purchase it and play it on a Wii.

I've love a Infernal Machine download for the Wii. I've yet to finish it on my old PC.
Thanks a lot for the clarification, Ska.:hat: That counts me out. So...the only 2 links in this thread lead to reviews about the release and not the actual download site. Here I was fishing around on the "Nintendo Life" website...time well spent!:rolleyes:

As for "Infernal Machine", I'd just love to have it, period. Never played it!:eek:

Crack that whip

Attila the Professor said:
Save for the PC, which only has Staff of Kings and Greatest Adventures as notable exceptions, really. But it's still the original platform for the Last Crusade graphic adventure, Fate of Atlantis, Desktop Adventures, Infernal Machine, and Emperor's Tomb. And the Lego games work just fine on it too.

Oh, certainly. I just think if all the Indy games released for other Nintendo platforms were reissued on the VC it'd be arguably more significant - they'd all be playable on a single machine, which isn't necessarily true with all the PC games due to technical advancements and changes in the OS and whatnot (obviously not all the more recent games are playable on older PCs, and I was under the impression not all the older ones are playable on current hardware and certainly they aren't all readily commercially available at present, though of course the recent rereleases via Steam do much to rectify that).

If all the games that could be released through the VC for the Wii actually were, I think it would be the greatest number of Indy games ever available simultaneously for any one single platform. Granted, they could just as easily reissue all the older PC games through Steam, as they've started doing, but I was musing the Wii possibility since that's more the topic at hand (and of course, I was wondering simply whether any other "old Indys" actually have been offered through the VC, since I don't know about them yet if they have).

:hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Crack that whip said:
Oh, certainly. I just think if all the Indy games released for other Nintendo platforms were reissued on the VC it'd be arguably more significant - they'd all be playable on a single machine, which isn't necessarily true with all the PC games due to technical advancements and changes in the OS and whatnot (obviously not all the more recent games are playable on older PCs, and I was under the impression not all the older ones are playable on current hardware and certainly they aren't all readily commercially available at present, though of course the recent rereleases via Steam do much to rectify that).

If all the games that could be released through the VC for the Wii actually were, I think it would be the greatest number of Indy games ever available simultaneously for any one single platform. Granted, they could just as easily reissue all the older PC games through Steam, as they've started doing, but I was musing the Wii possibility since that's more the topic at hand (and of course, I was wondering simply whether any other "old Indys" actually have been offered through the VC, since I don't know about them yet if they have).

:hat:

Points well taken. Perhaps Stoo is in the same boat on this, but I've always been purely a PC gamer to the extent that I'm a gamer at all, and since I still have all of the games on that, and have managed to play them over the years, I've forgotten the barriers that can exist, even just as far as availability goes. And I think I have needed to use SCUMMVM in order to run Indy3, anyhow.

The bigger point as far as I'm concerned is that the more the graphic adventures get exposed today, the better. And Greatest Adventures was certainly no slouch either.

Follow the Link

http://sites.google.com/site/jonesan...ood/home/games

You can download the game and the Emulator to play:

The Young Indy game and The Last Crusade game for Sega - To play, just download, unzip and open up the Fusion program, then click file, load genesis, and choose which game you want to play. You can also go to the options to change the screen resolution and input to load a controller.

Indy's Greatest Adventures game for Super Nintendo - Pretty much the instructions as for Sega only this program is called ZNESW.