Trivia Questions of the Day!

indifan101

temple of john said:
I also believe the answers to be C & D. I think it was "Pong" that was sooooo popular.

Beleive it or not, Pong as boring as it is revolutionized the video game industry from day one! Boring games can go along way sometimes!

indifan101

Trivia questions of the night!

Hey all you night owls, here's more trivia questions!

What famous battleship was sunk during the attack on Pearl Harbor?

A. USS Arizona
B. USS Lexington
C. USS Nevada
D. USS Constitution

In baseball what is the play called when runners are on second and third and the batter bunts the ball between first and home?

A. Infield fly
B. Full count
C. Suicide Squeeze play
D. Bauk

This question is a tough one! Good luck to all!

L.E. Croft

1. A. USS Arizona
2. A. Infield fly

The first one I'm positive is the right answer, the second one I'm not too sure, I'm not a big baseball fan.

indifan101

temple of john said:
A & C. Actually there only needs to be a runner on third and a bunt for it to be considered a suicide squeeze. The play is usually tried with less than 2 outs in the inning. Great question Indifan.

Thanks John! Hey your answers were right on the money! :D Good job!

indifan101

Trivia Question of the Day

Here's today's trivia questions!

What famous Yankee player said this before he retired. "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."

A. Mickey Mantle
B. Yogi Berra
C. Babe Ruth
D. Lou Gehrig

What battle was the bloodiest in the Civil War?

A. Shilo
B. Antietam
C. Gettysburgh
D. Vicksburgh

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I just merged like ten trivia question threads, so please keep then in one thread so it doesn't look like it's flooding the table.

indifan101

temple of john said:
D, Lou Gehrig. A fun fact for this quote is that is has been revealed that Gehrig may not have known he was going to die at the time he said it.

Question 2 was Gettysburg, whatever letter that was. It could have been antietam though. That was a massacre.

John again I can't fool you! You knew the answer to the first one hands down!
That is true, he didn't know if he was going to die at that time. The second one was Antietam! It was a complete massacre! I seen photos of the fields! Bloooooody!

indifan101

Bonus Trivia Question! Good Luck because this is one of the hardest ones yet!

What is the name of the day of mass killings that took place in Russia during the Russian Revolution where Russian soldiers fired at people trappped in the gates of St. Petersburgh?

A. Black Tuesday
B. Bloody Sunday
C. Red Friday
D. Brown Thursday

indifan101

temple of john said:
Yeah, I like this. Let me throw a couple at you...

1. Name the last set of teammates which each had a .300 average, 40 homers and 130 rbi's in the same season.
A. Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig
B. Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco
C. Albert Belle and Manny Ramirez
D. Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz

2. This 19th century whaling boat had the tragic distinction of being the basis of the book "Moby Dick", written by Herman Melville? This a great book too I will tell you about.
A. Harpoon
B. Elizabeth
C. Essex
D. Barnacle

For the first one Ruth and Gehrig and the second one Essex.
John are you watching the MLB All Star Game? It's on FOX.