Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #26
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
The Cape is like one of the best things on television along with the BBC's Doctor Who Series 5, Marvel's The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Cartoon Network/DC Comics hit series Young Justice.

There is some truly spectacular TV out there right now.

TV like "Justified", "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", "30 Rock", "Archer", "The Walking Dead", "The Good Wife", "The Killing", "The Chicago Code", "Parenthood"....and the list goes on.

"No Ordinary Family" and "The Cape" are embarrassments. They aren't even in the same universe as any of the above.

If you want to talk kids' shows, though I like Avengers and Young Justice, there is currently nothing better than "Phineas and Ferb." Best children's show on TV. Period.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #27
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
There is some truly spectacular TV out there right now.

TV like "Justified", "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", "30 Rock", "Archer", "The Walking Dead", "The Good Wife", "The Killing", "The Chicago Code", "Parenthood"....and the list goes on.

"No Ordinary Family" and "The Cape" are embarrassments. They aren't even in the same universe as any of the above.

If you want to talk kids' shows, though I like Avengers and Young Justice, there is currently nothing better than "Phineas and Ferb." Best children's show on TV. Period.

Phineas and Ferb isn't actually my cup of tea but it isn't bad either. I actually enjoyed the 'Wizard of Odd' episode of Phineas and Ferb. I also like Wizards of Waverly Place. However, if we want to get really serious, then I've gotta tell you that what I really like and enjoy is Cartoon Network's Adventure Time. Nickeldeon's SpongeBob and Fox's The Simpson's can all take a bow and exit stage right. Adventure Time and Regular Show has totally and completely brought back what a real cartoon is supposed to be. Cartoon Network is actually bringing back 'good entertainment' for the whole family. ABC Family is nothing more than a channel of crap while Cartoon Network is what more channels (death to disney channel) should be.

BTW Lance, DC Comics has also made it clear that 'Young Justice' isn't a 'kids show' but something that the whole family can enjoy as it is more of a 'young meets old' kind of program that is aimed at both an adult and youth demographic much like Adventure Time and The CW's Smallville.

Also, could explain to me why you think that stuff like 'The Cape' and 'No Ordinary Family' are embarrassments? I'm like out in the cold on that one.

No Ordinary Family has received a lot of praise. Here is what the San Francisco Chronicle said of the show "There's lot of promise here, of drama, action, comedy, etc, all wrapped up in a family-friendly series."

The Miami Herald also praise the show with this statement "the show is a perceptive and engaging comedy-drama about domestic dysfunction".

There is a lot of crap and mentally degrading trash on television and people are finding it refreshing to see something of substance airing on television. Shows like Ugly Betty, Modern Family, Glee, Raising Hope, Hawaii Five-O, Unwrapped, Iron Chef America, The Biggest Loser, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, MonsterQuest, Deadliest Catch and NBC's Chase are a breath of fresh air in this day in time.

When you turn on the television you'd like to be able to watch it with your family without having to always press the mute button or being afraid of what the blame retards behind the programming might pop up on your screen next. Almost all of the stuff airing on FOX Animation Domination is racist, sexist or anti-religious much like the opinions expressed on Fox News Sunday. Thank God that that damnable Glenn Beck is leaving Fox.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #28
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Well, Wonder Woman is not getting picked up by NBC.

I think this is for the best.

Hopefully we can still get a feature film before too long, but the pilot was lousy.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #29
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
Well, Wonder Woman is not getting picked up by NBC.

I think this is for the best.

Hopefully we can still get a feature film before too long, but the pilot was lousy.

WHAT?

So is SyFy going to pick it up or The CW? It would make sense for the CW to get Wonder Woman now that Smallville is over.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #30
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Spin that lasso like it's 1975 again!

When I saw this yesterday I had to get it:

Feminism from an age when Amazon women looked like Lynda Carter, and the leading man a runner-up to Adam West in a tights wearing competition,

As far as the accuracy of German uniforms go it makes Raiders of the Lost Ark look like a documentary!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #31
Goodsport
IndyFan

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4815104/wonderwoman.jpg

Last edited by Moedred : 05-31-2017 at 04:01 PM. Reason: wide pic
Goodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #32
Moedred
Administrator

This thread was originally about the 2011 Adrianne Palicki pilot (43 min), and brought up the March 1974 hourlong Cathy Lee Crosby pilot. Besides the 1967 Ellie Wood Walker test reel, were there others?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #33
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
This thread was originally about the 2011 Adrianne Palicki pilot (43 min), and brought up the March 1974 hourlong Cathy Lee Crosby pilot. Besides the 1967 Ellie Wood Walker test reel, were there others?

I don't know, and have nothing to add, except that Linda Carter shaped my dating habit from an early age.

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
I don't know, and have nothing to add, except that Linda Carter shaped my dating habit from an early age.

Well done, sir.

Here's to l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ high standards!
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #35
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse

Alone in front of the TV?
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote