Have you seen this man???

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Everyone who has been around a while, an esteemed member of the Raven Bar (a certain Professor) has dropped me a line. Given that many of us here are good friends, I thought that you may want to know what happened to one of the best of us.
Aaron,

Yes, I suppose a fair deal of water has passed under the bridge since we all last gathered. I don't know why I happened to stop by this evening, something compelled me to check in on the old place, see what shenanigans Finn and 00Kevin are up to, what ridiculous musings Pale Horse and intergamer may have, what new Renderking has appeared.
I have been extraordinarily well, I really couldn't ask for more. The reason for my absence is nothing really, just somewhere along the line, I stopped visiting, never really seemed to find the time anymore. Besides, I beat Indy Noir to death, and that was always the lifeblood of the discussion for me.
Anyhow, take care of the old place for me, keep the old gang in line - you've always been better at it than anyone else. Feel free to pass this message along, I'm sure others have wondered too. As for ol' Thanatos, let him know he'll have to do the riding on his own from here on in.

Illuminatedly yours,
Attila the Professor

Joe Brody

I saw that he was on last night and sent a PM. He responded with a note similar to the one posted above.

When I saw that he was on, I was torn between PM'ing him or bumping Pale Horse's last lines thread. There's a flair to that thread that I would think would appeal to the Professor. I'm tempted to go and post some of the last lines from some of his favorite films.

By the way, was the Professor bob? They had the same kindly tone and left around the same time.

Canyon

Hey Aaron, thanks for posting.

Glad to hear that Atilla is good and well. :D

Ah, the good old days... :whip:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Aaron H said:
Everyone who has been around a while, an esteemed member of the Raven Bar (a certain Professor) has dropped me a line. Given that many of us here are good friends, I thought that you may want to know what happened to one of the best of us.

So he found Illumination, huh...

"Mama always told me not to look into the sights of the sun...." Blinded by the Light The Boss

whoops, wrong thread.

"You see, I have a story too, Mr. Bailey. I had a friend once. A dear friend. I turned him in to save his life. He died. But he wanted it that way. Things went bad for my friend, and they went bad for me too." Once Upon a Time in America

Dang it, I did it again.