100 Greatest Quotes From Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms

Mickiana

The original ethic behind all religions, at least to start with, is "Do unto others what you would have done unto yourself."

roundshort

There is nothing funnier, disturbing, freighting than fundie talk (Jonestown, nuff said).

Most religious mainliners will agree that fundamentalists are not a welcome part of most religions (think fundie Mormons).

Now, for a great fundie book read survivor by Chuck Palahniuk! Also Guts is a good one also!

Gary2880

I just look forward to the time that Fundamentalist Athiest's start to kick the living sh@t out of all these people.:gun:About time we had a crack at the preverbial whip. I would be happy to aid them getting closer to god :mad:

Gary2880

because of 1 fanatical individual its a bit unfair to assume all christians think like that or share that specific individual's opinions

well the [scrap that bit too touchy] wouldve stoned him. good few million of them

I'd laugh if i wasn't so infuriated at your bunch in general at the moment.

We're so awesome, their so sucky. All as bad as each other.

:mad:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Gary2880 said:
kick the living **** out of all these people
More evidence refuting the notion that the supposedly unaffiliated are blameless, harmless, and incapable of bigotry.
Edit: oops, I guess you weren't kidding about fundamental atheists. They do exist. You are affiliated! Sorry about that. Shucks, I finally learn what 'fundie' means, but now it's too widely applicable to use. Anyway, cool off there bro, put down the cudgel.

Last edited:

Perhilion

I'd just like to say that those people do not represent all other Christians. Other than that, hilarious and pathetic.

Perhilion

wow. I just read all those and I'd like to re-state that those people DO NOT represent the majority of Christians. Most of those people are probably the same people you see on Jay Walking

Attila the Professor

Staff member
roundshort said:
All fundies (I really don't care what affiliation should drink their own kool-aid (like) drink!

Never been one to advocate elimination, but there's something to that, yeah. How can we have robust senses of identity, ideology, and so forth, and yet avoid the pitfalls of absolute certainty?

roundshort

Attila the Professor said:
Never been one to advocate elimination, but there's something to that, yeah. How can we have robust senses of identity, ideology, and so forth, and yet avoid the pitfalls of absolute certainty?

POST OF THE YEAR!

Paden

Attila the Professor said:
I believe there's always great danger when a cause or idea, be it religious or otherwise, becomes so important to some that it in itself entirely eclipses the humanity that said notion is meant to better or serve. Fanatics, whatever creed they adhere to, by definition have allowed human beings (or at least certain segments of humanity) to become far less important than what they are trying to achieve. Hence, you get people claiming to serve a loving God firebombing abortion clinics, stating that they are fighting to save lives by committing acts of violence on unsuspecting women and their families.

I can't help but think of Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. In that novel, the Church imprisons Jesus after he returns to Earth and shortly thereafter, Christ is visited in his cell by the Grand Inquisitor. Addressing Jesus, the Grand Inquisitor extols the marvelous works done by the church and how, in taking so many decisions out of the hands of the common man, the Church has brought humanity to a happy, contented stupor. For that reason, the Grand Inquistor tells Jesus that he will be put to death the following day. Christ, he explains, came to liberate men from spiritual bondage and to provide them with a sense of value. Such teaching would undermine all the good the Church has done, so Jesus cannot be freed to spread subversion amongst men. The Grand Inquisitor has become so wrapped in the "good" he is accomplishing, he is willing to kill the God he claims to serve.

I guess what I'm struggling to verbalize is that narrowness, a viewpoint that only looks at one thing (or perhaps, in some cases, a single facet of something), to the exclusion of everything else, especially the impact of one's actions on others, leads to danger.

roundshort

Paden said:
I believe there's always great danger when a cause or idea, be it religious or otherwise, becomes so important to some that it in itself entirely eclipses the humanity that said notion is meant to better or serve. Fanatics, whatever creed they adhere to, by definition have allowed human beings (or at least certain segments of humanity) to become far less important than what they are trying to achieve. Hence, you get people claiming to serve a loving God firebombing abortion clinics, stating that they are fighting to save lives by committing acts of violence on unsuspecting women and their families.

I can't help but think of Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. In that novel, the Church imprisons Jesus after he returns to Earth and shortly thereafter, Christ is visited in his cell by the Grand Inquisitor. Addressing Jesus, the Grand Inquisitor extols the marvelous works done by the church and how, in taking so many decisions out of the hands of the common man, the Church has brought humanity to a happy, contented stupor. For that reason, the Grand Inquistor tells Jesus that he will be put to death the following day. Christ, he explains, came to liberate men from spiritual bondage and to provide them with a sense of value. Such teaching would undermine all the good the Church has done, so Jesus cannot be freed to spread subversion amongst men. The Grand Inquisitor has become so wrapped in the "good" he is accomplishing, he is willing to kill the God he claims to serve.

I guess what I'm struggling to verbalize is that narrowness, a viewpoint that only looks at one thing (or perhaps, in some cases, a single facet of something), to the exclusion of everything else, especially the impact of one's actions on others, leads to danger.

YEAH! What he said, only if she is really hot or if I have had a lot, and I mean a lot to drink (and my firends won't find out!

Opps sorry wrong thread, what I meant was, well said paden!

No Ticket

I'm just too tired to really comment on anything here. I just wanted to be part of the conversation.

*sniffle*

Vance

AngieAki said:
For the record, I didn't post this to say "OMG all Christians are stupid" or anythingk like that. I posted it because I was shocked as to how stupid and evil people can be. I found it amusing and sad and thought I would share it. There are nut jobs of all religions Christianity, Islam, Wicca (fluffy bunnies lol), ect.

That's the thing to keep in mind, that we're dealing with an extreme and uneducated element within a religion that encompasses a couple of billion people. There's bound to be quite a few screws loose in the machine.

Unfortunately, and as we've already seen in this forum, there are non-Christians out there that, in an effort to push their own feeling of moral superiority, will take the words of men like Jerry Falwell and make them apply to all aspects of Christianity.

That's really the danger of threads like these. I applaud you for making the distinction.

Vance

Mickiana said:
Isn't gravity interesting? It's a force that permeates the whole universe. Like the chicken and the egg, what came first, gravity or matter?

Matter. Gravity is a function of it. :p

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ResidentAlien said:
Raven is now the proud host of number 101
And another great moment in Fundamentalist Atheism:
http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=266083

You know what these two posts have in common? People working through grief they got in other forums. The Raven's qualified counselors are pleased to dispense therapy on the cheap. The next step is courteous real world human face time and physical contact. Try not to relapse. The sun's out. It's saturday!

Last edited: