Moving Boards?

Raiders90

Shouldn't the mods have moved KotCS to the main "Films" area, with Raiders, ToD and LC, and renamed the "Trilogy" section, to the "Quartet" or "Quadrilogy" section so that it would be just the "Quadrilogy" and YIJC in the film section? Just my opinion.

James

I assume it's being kept separate, due to the large amount of posts the new film receives. After a few months, it will probably be merged.

The real question is whether it will become "The Indy Tetralogy" or "The Indy Quadrilogy". Didn't Fox pretty much invent the latter for their Alien boxset?

Quickening

James said:
I assume it's being kept separate, due to the large amount of posts the new film receives. After a few months, it will probably be merged.

The real question is whether it will become "The Indy Tetralogy" or "The Indy Quadrilogy". Didn't Fox pretty much invent the latter for their Alien boxset?

I think so yeah. Mind you, that is an AWESOME boxed set. Never get tired of it. Would be great if the inevitable Indy boxed set had eight DvDs.

Crack that whip

James said:

Yes, they did. "Tetralogy" is the perfectly fine existing word that covers a series of four related works, and "quadrilogy" is a clunky thing accidentally made up by someone in Fox's marketing department.

IndyCon

The Indiana Jones movies will be known as the Foursome as stated by Frank Marshall in an interview with IESB.net. :p;):whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
James said:

Yeah, you've got it - though I wouldn't necessarily count on a merger quite that soon. It may well happen somewhere down the line, though.

LostArk

Quickening said:
I think so yeah. Mind you, that is an AWESOME boxed set. Never get tired of it. Would be great if the inevitable Indy boxed set had eight DvDs.

That would be pretty awesome. Like 2 DVDs per movie, one with the movie and the other with all the extra stuff would make an epic box set.

Raiders90

Is KOTCS considered an Indy film by the board?

I'm just wondering as it has never been grouped with the other three films--so is film officially here thought to be a sequel--as the main Indiana Jones films board mentions Raiders and it's sequel and prequel--or a spin off? It seems it's excluded from the rest of the movies.

BadDates

I know nothing of the official policy but my assumption is that the film, while definitely considered an official sequel by the board (well, by most of its members anyway ;) ) is still a relatively new addition to the Indyverse and hence it still generates a lot of discussion/new threads. Therefore it's being left as a separate topic for now, to prevent threads on the OT from being swamped by KOTCS threads. I daresay that in the fullness of time it might be incorporated with the others, perhaps if/when a fifth film ever comes along.

Anyway, I might be totally wrong about all that.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yet another thread merge. Perhaps someone might benefit from a stay at search camp? They have basket weaving...

The Indy 4 forum is grouped with the other films, under a forum titled 'The Films.' Half the Indy 4 threads are about no film in particular, but pure speculation. And many thread titles are typically vague. A forum merge here would be a train wreck, in my opinion.

Raiders90

Will the "Indiana Jones Trilogy" and "KOTCS" sections ever be merged?

Question--

Will the Indiana Jones Trilogy--which specifically states that it is for discussion about Raiders and it's sequel and prequel--and the KOTCS section ever be merged? Whether you love KOTCS or hate it, it is not a spin off or side entry that has nothing to do with the main series: It is a sequel to the TOD and Raiders just as Last Crusade is. It is not an separate creation based on the series as the YIJC was; It is a direct sequel, the same as Last Crusade.

I feel still separating them on the forums after the movie has been out for 4 years is almost like an official stance that KOTCS is not viewed by the forum as part of the Indiana Jones film series or viewed as canon, but as some spin-off or not directly related entry.

To retain one section for the "Indiana Jones Trilogy" and a separate section for "KOTCS" is to basically make it forum policy that Indy is still only a trilogy and KOTCS was not part of the series but simply based on it or set in the same world.

I remember asking this same question several years ago and basically being told the sections would be integrated soon.

Will the Indiana Jones Trilogy--which specifically states that it is for discussion about Raiders and it's sequel and prequel--and the KOTCS section ever be merged?

I remember asking this same question several years ago and basically being told the sections would be integrated soon.

I hope not.

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Speaking of merging, this is the 3rd time you've started a thread on this subject. Your 2nd was merged with your 1st.:)

Moving Boards?

Read it again and you'll see that the Mods never promised a merge would happen "soon".

Stoo said:
Speaking of merging, this is the 3rd time you've started a thread on this subject. Your 2nd was merged with your 1st.:)

Moving Boards?

Read it again and you'll see that the Mods never promised a merge would happen "soon".

Beat you to it! My five bucks please! (y)

...how about ten instead of double or nothing on the next round?

Montana Smith said:
I hope it won't be merged.

I'll always think of Indiana Jones as an '80s trilogy plus one.
I agreed in the merged thread to the original...

You in on the next round? I need Christmas Cash...