Blooper reels

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Not pretending to speak for Rocket but...I don't like the 'n' word but sure as hell am against it being omitted from historical text. "Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer" are being rewritten to replace it with the word 'slave' and, to me, that is wrong! Same goes for Streisand's line being left out. To ignore the line in a transcript is to conveniently white-wash history (even if it's only trivial, 28-year-old history).

exactly1.gif

Okay, so removing the 'offensive' word in the Indy clip is a drop in the ocean, but it is the tip of the iceberg. If we have access only to somebody else's edited version of something, we might as well all rewrite our own versions of history and be done with it.

I just checked to make sure Conrad's The Nigger of the Narcissus hadn't been renamed. Sanity prevails, at least temporarily.

Stoo TV getting some "ratings"!

Lost 'Temple of Doom' Footage Finally Discovered!

Yes, JoBlo has uncovered footage...

The lost footage of Barbra Streisand in Temple of Doom

TheRaider.net says on their trivia page it was only rumored to have been filming and on the IMDB FAQ, the answer to "Does video exist of this footage?" is NO.

Stoo said:
As a holiday gift to all of you starving Indy fans, here is the EXTREMELY RARE footage of the whipping prank with Bawbra.:whip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myKADT5CEgc

The audio has some echo since this was taken at an audience screening so check out the link to the transcript (which Moedred posted above) in order to get a better understanding of what was said. Behold & enjoy...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!:)

At least they didn't ingnore Barbara's slur...

Last edited:
SlashFilm just caught wind...

Rare Footage from ‘Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom’ Set Features Barbra Streisand and Carrie Fisher

A huge thanks to JoBlo for finding and posting this historic clip.
Yes, thanks JoBlo.

...and New York Magazine:

Watch Barbra Streisand Play a Dominatrix in Long-Lost Indiana Jones Footage

...and Cinema Blend

Afternoon Awesome: Barbra Streisand Whips Harrison Ford On The Temple Of Doom Set
This may just be one of the best finds in the history of film.

...Comic Book Movie
Supposed transcript:

...Colider
Two big thumbs up to Joblo for finding and attempting to transcribe this video:

...Moviefone

How are the hits Stoo?

Last edited:
One last gasp for today:

Watch Barbra Streisand whip Indiana Jones

What better way to shake the post-Labor Day funk than by watching a really blurry video of Barbra Streisand whip Harrison Ford on the set of Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom? While it sounds like something out of someone's fanfic collection, it really did happen, and here's the blurry proof. Legend has it? according to JoBlo, who originally posted the video

In through the Out door...

CHUD.com got it...(canabalistic humanoid underground dwellers?)

So this is one of those things that has sat on the internet for (at least) months in plain site, but JoBlo has picked it up and run with it as if it?s new to the tubes, which pretty much means it?s new. That?s some serious Baudrillard **** going on right there, as the culturally memonic fire hose creates an environment where simple tossing something out as new makes it new. A simulacrum of novelty, to get all highfalutin about it.

In any event, it?s a thing you?ll see around and you may as well see it here. Just don?t think JoBlo crawled through caves and dodged boulders or anything? mother****ers got lucky on YouTube.

The story is that Steven Spielberg wanted to play a prank on Harrison Ford during a scene in Temple of Doom in which he was all tied up and vulnerable to such shenanigans. Thus he invited Barbra Streisand, Carrie Fischer, and Irvin Kershner to set to play out a cute little scene and to make insensitive comments. It was filmed, that film was preserved but rarely shown and became rumor.

Whatever the source of the video, it?s obviously somebody filming a viewing of the footage, as it contains crowd laughter. Despite that, it has been a difficult thing to scrounge up over the last few decades. So while it may have been on the internet for nearing a year and is being falsely claimed as ?new? or ?recovered? or whatever, it?s still not something you?d run across any day, so enjoy Indy fans?

Go here to watch the video.

Here?s the transcript, as pulled from the YouTube description.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Stoo TV getting some "ratings"!

How are the hits Stoo?
ENORMOUS: +1400 in the last 2 days! (and views/comments are rolling in as we speak).:eek: The hits are most likely due to the article at CHUD.com.

The JoBlo.com "reporter" can blow himself since he stuck the JoBlo logo onto the video and grabbed the dialogue transcription from my YouTube channel. Sad, sad, sad. (Would you believe that the guy, JoBlo, is from Quebec and a Montreal Canadiens fan?!? I sent him a friendly message.) Thanks a MILLION for the heads-up on this sad affair, Rocket!:hat: (Good ol' former Ravenhead, Resident Alien, even contacted me to inform of another website that re-posted the same garbage: io9.com)

Granted, the footage is essentially a bootleg and I've no idea what opinion my generous friend would have about this recent business but...
I don't know which is more irksome:

1) JoBlo.com claiming that this footage has never been seen before until now (+ taking/using the dialogue transcript*).(n)
2) The other websites that are applauding JoBlo for this "discovery" and his/their attempt to transcribe the dialogue*.:mad:
3) The chump commentators who are criticizing the quality of the footage!:rolleyes:
4) The "reporters" (bloggers:sick:) who write that this gag was a practical joke on Harrison Ford. (To me, it seems that the joke is on Steven with Harrison being privy to the joke.)
5) The "reporters" (bloggers:sick:) & commentators who can't understand that the footage comes from a private screening.

*My transcript was an elaboration on one that had already been posted here at The Raven by Moedred.
Rocket Surgeon said:
CHUD.com got it...(canabalistic humanoid underground dwellers?)
CHUD = Contamination Hazard Urban Disposal.:)

Thank G_d there is some semblance of sanity & clarity in the internet world. Three cheers for the folks at CHUD! (Never thought I'd say that in my entire life but the moment arrived.)

Forbidden Eye

I saw this video a while back(I heard about it longer than that). The reason why I didn't post earlier is...well, I'm not a fan of Babs so I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I saw those on a French site originally...where did you find them?
On an old Spielbergfilms forum thread. I bumped it and the French article appeared shortly after. Apparently someone on the forum bought the tape on eBay around 2004. Before YouTube!

John Carpenter is the only director I'm aware of who dropped his private 5-10 minute old gag reels onto DVD. The gag here is the directors are pretending to be tyrants and the actors are pretending to be prima donnas. Ford and Fisher are newly minted A-listers earning exponentially more for appearing in sequels. The story of their carbonite scene in Empire is well told (also transcribed) and they're suggesting the secret to brilliant improvisation is duress.

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
Sadly, it's the JoBlo copy (n) but thank for the 'heads up', Gonzo.(y) That Yahoo posting is a travesty! Out of the +370 comments, only about 5% say anything positive. Everything else is pretty much:

-Criticizing the poor image & sound quality
-Controversy surrounding the use of the word, "faggot"
-Bashing Barbra Streisand
-Slandering the Jewish
-Complaints to Yahoo for considering the footage to be newsworthy

Anywho, this thing has spead like wildfire. Over *10, 000* hits in the past 24 hours!!! That's more in one, single day than the total throughout the past 8.5 months!:eek: (Who knows how many hits the JoBlo copy is getting but the number is probably very high...)
Forbidden Eye said:
I saw this video a while back(I heard about it longer than that). The reason why I didn't post earlier is...well, I'm not a fan of Babs so I honestly don't know what to make of it.
Hey, there's more to it than just Babs. Do you think it was a practical joke on Harrison Ford or Steven Spielberg? It's commonly referred to as a joke on Ford but it seems like he is privy to the prank and that the joke is directed towards Spielberg. (According to the late, Pat Roach, Steven said to Irvin Kershner, "Get off my set!", but it's absent from the footage.) What do you think, Forbidden Eye?
Moedred said:
Apparently someone on the forum bought the tape on eBay around 2004. Before YouTube!
Hi, Moe. I wonder what 'copy generation' that tape was. I`ve seen those pictures on your webiste before but looking at them again now, it`s obvious that the image quality is a little bit better (with a flatter perspective).

While we can hope & pray, I honestly don't think this will ever see a legit release. Perhaps after Spielberg passes away (knock on wood) but not during his (or Streisand's) lifetime.:(

Last edited:

Stoo

Paramount Puts the Kibosh!!!

Exactly 3 minutes ago, I received the following e-mail from YouTube:

---
We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from Paramount Pictures Corporation claiming that this material is infringing:

Temple of Doom Prank with Barbra Streisand
---

JoBlo's is still up because it's not on YouTube.
F**K YOU, JoBlo.com!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
un-friggin' believable - sorry Stoo -- that really does stink --- screw JoBlo.com - bunch of hacks!
You're right, Mitch. I've been communicating with JoBlo.com and they are not being very kind.(n) The chief administrator, JoBlo, himself (a fellow homeboy from Quebec!) is being a dick...but the authour of the article is quite cool.

That said, JoBlo.com has received a "Cease & Desist" warning.(y)
We too got C&D letters from Lucasfilm and will have to be removing our video as well.
Lucasfilm & Paramount Pictures puttin' the kibosh!:gun: (Thanks, JoBlo. Thanks for destroying things.)
RaiderMitch said:
be wary - they might go after the Old Indy videos next...
Yes, Mitch, I'm afraid of that.:eek:

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
Exactly 3 minutes ago, I received the following e-mail from YouTube:

---
We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from Paramount Pictures Corporation claiming that this material is infringing:

Temple of Doom Prank with Barbra Streisand
---

Jerks. The only way this make any kind of sense to me is if this clip is going to be included on the BluRay of TOD. Otherwise, no one is losing any money by you posting it on youtube. If it's not going to be included in any special features, then this is just a Big Brother dick-move.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Jerks. The only way this make any kind of sense to me is if this clip is going to be included on the BluRay of TOD. Otherwise, no one is losing any money by you posting it on youtube. If it's not going to be included in any special features, then this is just a Big Brother dick-move.

It may also be that certain comment Babs made... as far as I'm concerned it was just playful banter but studio suits may think otherwise.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
It may also be that certain comment Babs made... as far as I'm concerned it was just playful banter but studio suits may think otherwise.

Yeah, I wondered that. I don't doubt that Lucasfilm would cooperate with Streisand's people in order to get it taken down.

Indy's brother said:
The only way this make any kind of sense to me is if this clip is going to be included on the BluRay of TOD.

This doesn't mean you think/believe they would ever do that, does it?
Dr. Gonzo said:
It may also be that certain comment Babs made...
Of course it's about that comment, and ONLY about that comment.