Idol replica

Indyfan28

Its been a while since I've posted but I had a question. I've been looking into getting a replica of either the Fertility Idol or the Headpiece to the Staff. Is their any place I could get either of these replicas without breaking the bank? I just want to get into the spirit of IV, so I figured this would be a good time to finally get a replica.

indy34

Ebay but there about $60-70 for the idol and i think $40-60 for the head piece:( but i'm probably wrong i havn't looked in a while
but what ever you do do not buy from real art i was warned but i went ahead and spent almost $40 on a warped out of shape piece of plastic:mad:

Deckard

I was lucky enough to get the last Gobler Idol.

finished_idol001.jpg

When it arrives, sometime next week, I will sell you my old one which you can view in the thread below this.

Nm, heres some pics of my older one, its only about 2 months old and in pretty good condition, PM me.

0045.jpg

0032.jpg

IndyFalco

indy34 said:
Ebay but there about $60-70 for the idol and i think $40-60 for the head piece:( but i'm probably wrong i havn't looked in a while
but what ever you do do not buy from real art i was warned but i went ahead and spent almost $40 on a warped out of shape piece of plastic:mad:

why was reel art bad??? Im looking at there ebay page right now. Could you give me some insight about how the fertility idol came out? pics?

indy34

I didn't get the idol only the head piece but I don't expect it to be any better the head piece looks great in the picture on Ebay but its crap something you would expect from a kindergarten arts and craft class:mad:

Deckard

Niob said:
@Deckard. Your idol's lookin great. Hope i will get one from Jeff's next run in spring:D

Ty, I wish you luck, there very expensive but nothing comes closer in accuracy and its even electroplated by the same company that did the ark and C-3p0.

Niob

Deckard said:
Ty, I wish you luck, there very expensive but nothing comes closer in accuracy and its even electroplated by the same company that did the ark and C-3p0.

Yeah, i know the price...not cheap but worth it;) With the medaillon of staf of Ra its my most beloved Indy prop.

Insomniac

Ebay sell some 24k gold ra head pieces fo $30-50 depending on the dealer. I've been looking for a while 2.(y)

deckard24

Insomniac said:
Ebay sell some 24k gold ra head pieces fo $30-50 depending on the dealer. I've been looking for a while 2.(y)
I believe those are the Reel Art ones. I was looking into those pieces and their idol replicas, but I've been hearing some negative stuff about their products. I don't want to waste my money on crappy replicas.

If anyone knows of any other good affordable prop replicas, I'd love to know? Also, does anybody here have any of the other stuff by Reel Art, ie. Sankara stones, antidote vial, Grail tablet, or fertility idol?

Deckard

Reelart's Headpieces are awful get an Acme Artifacts. Mine is a custom w/ a real crystal. Not mirrored back. There Translucent Amber, Gold Leafed Sankara Stone however is nice. Im on my way out right now to see cloverfield Ill post some more pics of the stone later.