who in the hell did mutt stab?

|ZiR|

I'm guessing it was against one of the cemetery warriors. A lot of stuff was shot but didn't make it into the film. I remember we saw a production shot of Indy using his whip against one of the Akatar warriors, which doesn't happen in the movie.

Quickening said:
He tried to slit his own wrists when he heard about the upcoming Tarzan scene :(

Oh, you!

The Man

There was a production shot of a Cemetery Warrior brandishing Mutt's switchblade. Spielberg cut nastiness because it would have scared all the eight-year-olds...:rolleyes:

TheMutt92

Would've been nice if we could've seen some of those back in the movie. Maybe in another 20 years Lucas will want them back and say he only got the movie Steven wanted the first time around. :D

Jonesy9906753

mindy muffles said:
That actually wasn't a production shot. That waas Shia contemplating slitting his own neck when he hears of bad this film is.

that joke sucked compared to the wrist slitting(n)

effin

"we cant' have it be too violent..................."

I'll take indy throwing a giant skewer into a chinese gangster anyday!!!!!

cs was soft soft soft!!!!!!!

Nurhachi1991

What would of been wrong with Mutt slashing a guys arm? It is PG-13 remember............ Parents Strongly Cautioned

The movie should of been PG

deckard24

I don't know what the point was of giving him the knife in the first place if he never got to use it?! By showing us how proficient he was with twirling it around, they alluded that we would have at least a scene where he'd actually used it in a fight.

Can you imagine if Indy just carried his whip around, and instead of using it to fight with or swing from point a to b, he just pulled it out every once and a while to just practice a few lashes? LOL

DocWhiskey

deckard24 said:
I don't know what the point was of giving him the knife in the first place if he never got to use it?! By showing us how proficient he was with twirling it around, they alluded that we would have at least a scene where he'd actually used it in a fight.

Can you imagine if Indy just carried his whip around, and instead of using it to fight with or swing from point a to b, he just pulled it out every once and a while to just practice a few lashes? LOL

Mutt's knife seems to be the same case as Indy's gun in CS. At least Indy got to point it.

I'm sure the little stab scene was so intense Spielberg had to cut it not to scare the little 8 year olds. If only he would've known that most of them probably ran home after the film to play GTA 4.(y) :rolleyes:

This whole thread reminds me when i was a little kid and when the Ninja Turtle films were released they all just carried their weapons and never used them.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
According to the book, he stabs a cemetary warrior. Mutt admits that he never used the switchblade on anyone before. I would have kept that in though it is quite a solemn moment for Mutt coz he actually stabs someone, but he doesn't seem to be thinking about it so much when he duels Spalko.

Indy Black

Even in the jr novel(aimed at kids) it mentions that Mutt had never used the switchblade before yet it was cut from the film.

Now for the ood part most of the toys that are of Mutt either have him with said switchblad or his sword but those are just for "show":p

indytim

No-one, I believe is the answer to this thread's question. This first time I saw that photo I thought it looked like gold, not blood, and still do. Look at the background ... those are the carved walls of Akator. Mutt's face is one of awe, as if looking at something that suspends his belief. This would also tie in with the City Of Gold legend, that being the 'aliens' brought the magic of alchemy to Earth with them and at some point Mutt stumbles across a 'gold making device' in Akator and tests it out by dipping his knife into it. This would also explain the very definitive, straight line between the silver of the regular blade and the transformed tip (which is gold).

No Ticket

Violet Indy said:
According to the book, he stabs a cemetary warrior. Mutt admits that he never used the switchblade on anyone before. I would have kept that in though it is quite a solemn moment for Mutt coz he actually stabs someone, but he doesn't seem to be thinking about it so much when he duels Spalko.

See... that right there is the most interesting thing about Mutt that we could've heard and developed on. KOTCS missed the mark here and what really sucks is they obviously even HAD the idea in mind whilst shooting.

Tsk tsk tsk.

This would've been great if the film had focused on Mutt's tough-guy image being revealed to Indy as a front and that he never did anything like that before but Indy obviously has. Then by the time he fights Spalko... he has "grown up" into a much more Indy-like tough guy.

This would've been a lot more interesting. And it's a shame they didn't do that.

James

No Ticket said:
This would've been great if the film had focused on Mutt's tough-guy image being revealed to Indy as a front and that he never did anything like that before but Indy obviously has. Then by the time he fights Spalko... he has "grown up" into a much more Indy-like tough guy.

Yes, but..."by the time he fights Spalko"? You're talking about a matter of hours. How would that be any more realistic?

I think it's clear that Indy knows exactly what is going on with Mutt, as evidenced by the way he talks to him in the diner: "You don't have to get sore all the time just to prove how tough you are. Sit down. Please."

It's equally clear that Mutt isn't quite as capable as Indy (ie. shaking in the cemetery), and realizes he has seriously underestimated the '80-year-old' man: "You're a...a teacher?"