Favorite Young Indy Movie

Indy1936

I'm just curious as to all yall's different tastes in Young Indy movies. My favorite would have to be Treasure of the Peacock's Eye. Mostly because the Asian and South Pacific treasure hunt scene. I also think it marks the first time where we get a glimpse of the Sean Patrick Flannery Indy get to the Indy character as we are all familiar with him.

Webley

Hmmmmmmmmm lets see favorite YI movie Ill go with hollywood follies. I like ending makes me think of ROTLA when Indy is dragged behind the truk in the desert.

Caitlin

Mystery of the Blues! I just loved the soundtrack so much...and the costumes were wonderful as well. And we get to see Ford!

westford

I saw Treasue of the Peacock's Eye for the first time this week (bought the video from Ebay). It is pretty good, more Indy-esque than Phantom Train of Doom (the only other video I've got, and it is the one with the balloon Strider).

Kate

"Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" is the only one I've seen, as it came with my VHS set. Shame on me- and I call myself a fan!

Strider

I have to agree with you, I didn't say so before becouse I thought the Young Indy fans might get mad at me.

mayhew7

i have seen a few Young Indy movies to be honest i dont like them my younger brother brought 3 of them about 2 years ago i watched the peacocks eye (only one i have watched all the way through) and i didnt like it at all nothing beats the 3 originals for me

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not really into Young Indy, as these movies - at least the few I've seen - miss the action of the 3 Indy movies.

Don't get me wrong; the actors are fine and there's nothing wrong with the quality of these productions...

They just want to educate to much..
I mean; there's nothing wrong with education.. it's just not something I want to be seeing when watching a movie with the name of 'Indiana Jones' in the title.

If I had to chose one; it be Mystery of the Blues... Just 'cause of the beginning and ending sequences with Ford in it... the REAL Indy. :)

Caitlin

I love the mini history lessons!! The series were a HUGE reason why I got into Indy. It saddens me to find out that there are not so many that share this aspect of IndyLuv. While watching them (after reading the write-up on the backs) I sooo anticipated seing such interesting influential historical figures such as Vlad the Impaler and Al Capone. I was interested to see how they would portray them and just how Indy would happen across them.And how these people have infulenced Indy in his life. If Indy hadn't met Albert Schweizer, maybe Indy wouldn'r be as compassionate + caring for children and those in need. Maybe he wouldn't have gone back for all those kids in TOD! And I believe the cheesy campy comedy is quite on track with the feel of the 3 movies.

And "Unrealisitic"? Ummm Hello... and the movies are??!! Yeah,too bad the YIJ series weren't as realistic as the movies..like a heart getting pulling out, still beating, and bursting into flames...Yeah, my grandfather said that back in WW2 Nazi's faces melted all the time. Come on, If the Indy movies were realistic we wouldn't love them as we do..we get to live out a fantasy through the Indy , beating the odds, finding mystical "unattainable" things..be it a relic, love, newfound understanding of yourself and others...ect.He does all the things we wish we could..
Anyway... I LOVE YOUNG INDIANA JONES!!! (And Sean Patrick Flannery is HOT as a Young Indy ! From his facial features, I could see him growing up looking somewhat like Ford. Maybe I should start a YIJ "droolers" thread..doubt there'd be much interest, though)
I realise I'm probably representative of .000001% of Indy fans here.... But I'M here to REPRESENT! (uh..yo)East Side. We out. YIJ RULES!

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Caitlin said:
And "Unrealisitic"? Ummm Hello... and the movies are??!! Yeah,too bad the YIJ series weren't as realistic as the movies..like a heart getting pulling out, still beating, and bursting into flames...Yeah, my grandfather said that back in WW2 Nazi's faces melted all the time.

lol :D

You make a good point there.

Caitlin said:
I realise I'm probably representative of .000001% of Indy fans here.... But I'M here to REPRESENT! (uh..yo)East Side. We out. YIJ RULES!

Go ahead, and let nobody stop you. :)

Katarn07

Mystery of the Blues. It's in Chicago. It deals with racism (which I hate messages about usually but I thought this was done in an ok way, coulda been better). And the best part: Has a cameo by Ford.

I've only seen 3 others. (Train of Doom, also an awesome one. Daredevils of the Desert. It was ok. Peacock's Eye. It was pretty good too).

Junior Jones

My favorite episodes:

Mystery of the Blues - overall best
Oganga: Giver and Taker of Life - for drama
Scandal of 1920 - for comedy
Trenches of Hell - for war drama