What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

Fedora1989

I own a Adventurebilt in beaver from Steve that I've had for five years, and I have a Federation IV from Akubra. The Fed IV is my back up hat in case something happens to my AB.
Here's my AB:
8185284810_b2478bf802.jpg

7581323002_db2ac94499.jpg

micsteam

You should post some pics with the hat on you !! When I travel I bring and wear my fedora, it's my travel hat. Let's get some pics of everyone in their hats Adveturebilt or any other. Not only is it great seeing everyone enjoying their fedoras it also helps others in selecting a hat for themselves. :hat:

p10anniv

My hat was purchased at a store called the Mens Hat Shop. It's a fur felt , I paid $133.00 for it. Its a hat that was made for the store so I am not sure by who but I think Stetson. It looks a lot like the one from Todds with the shorter crown.

Djd1

Currently a Rabbit Raiders AB and a SoC from Schubert Hats
A HJ Raiders replica on its way from Steele and Jones

Previously also an Henry from AB, a HJ/AB from Magnoli and an Uptowner from Todd

201305022329441.jpg

This is the SoC Schubert

Last edited:

Djd1

HenryJunior said:
Akubra FED IV Standard:

Fantastic Hat! Much better than that cheap Licensed DP one I had first.
I agree that the Fed IV is a great hat for the money, particularly if you're looking for something that will stand up to abuse. The only down side is that it's very stiff. The DP is a piece of junk along with any other wool felt hat. They're ok for kids.

HenryJunior

I re-did my DP a day or so after I got it.

dpcustom1.png

dpcustom2.png

Darkened the ribbon, reshaped the bash, which is tough since it's punched into the wool at the factory :p

Looked better, but the crown is so short the hat just keep sliding off. Much happier with the Akubra! :D

HenryJunior

Fedora1989 said:
That's a sharp-looking Akubra!;)

Thanks! The shape and quality of an Akubra is fantastic. The felt quality of a deluxe must be really nice, because this is just a standard. I've beaten it up a little more since I took those pics, and has it really taken on some nice character.

micsteam

Absolute best hats you can own and most screen accurate if that's what you want are (if you can aford them) Adventurebilt (Steve Delk, providing his health) and Penman Hat Company (great guy, passionate about what he does). These are expensive hats but better than the original hat company that made them for the movies and they will work with you. I have a Adventurebilt made by Steve Delk and it is a piece of art, I've talked with John Penman (great guy by the way) and I've seen his work and my next fedora order goes to him. Best advise I can give, hope this helps.

Djd1

I'd say Steele and Jones make great value hats that are also very accurate. They're fans which really helps....

micsteam

I have to correct myself from my previous statement, Steve Delk at Adventurebilt hats not only makes great Raiders, TOD, and Crusade style fedoras he made the hats for Harrison Ford for Crystal Skull, so he made the hats for the movie. Djd1 I agree with you Steele and Jones makes a great Indy fedora as well. They also make jackets and other accessories, check their website out www.steele-jones.com.ar

Djd1

micsteam said:
I have to correct myself from my previous statement, Steve Delk at Adventurebilt hats not only makes great Raiders, TOD, and Crusade style fedoras he made the hats for Harrison Ford for Crystal Skull, so he made the hats for the movie. Djd1 I agree with you Steele and Jones makes a great Indy fedora as well. They also make jackets and other accessories, check their website out www.steele-jones.com.ar

I'm not sure whether steve is still in business given his health and financial issues reported elsewhere.
As for Steele and Jones, I'm wearing one of their very fine jackets as I write this. Excellent customer service and attention to detail in my experience

micsteam

Steve is doing much better and is back to work making fedoras. If you're interested in having Steve Delk make your hat (he's excellent, obviously good enough to make the hats for Crystal Skull) I would recommend contacting Steve at the Adventurebilt website first and see what the real wait time is because I know he's backed up because of his health. Anybody needs any info pm me here and I'll help out as best I can. :hat:

Djd1

micsteam said:
Steve is doing much better and is back to work making fedoras. If you're interested in having Steve Delk make your hat (he's excellent, obviously good enough to make the hats for Crystal Skull) I would recommend contacting Steve at the Adventurebilt website first and see what the real wait time is because I know he's backed up because of his health. Anybody needs any info pm me here and I'll help out as best I can. :hat:

That's great news.