TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 08-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Dokta_Joenz
IndyFan

Is the Dimaond Select 1/4 Indy a good quality figure?

I've been looking for a big nice quality Indy figure for awhile but the Sideshow and Hot Toys figures are kinda out of my price range right now. anyway I happened across this 1/4 one on Amazon by Diamond Select a few minutes ago, I had not previously seen this one before.

To anyone that has this, Is it a good quality figure? It seems to be available pretty cheap right now and I'm considering getting it. I just bought a loose complete Hasbro 12" talking Indy on eBay to display on my shelf but this one looks alot nicer.
Dokta_Joenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokta_Joenz
I've been looking for a big nice quality Indy figure for awhile but the Sideshow and Hot Toys figures are kinda out of my price range right now. anyway I happened across this 1/4 one on Amazon by Diamond Select a few minutes ago, I had not previously seen this one before.

To anyone that has this, Is it a good quality figure? It seems to be available pretty cheap right now and I'm considering getting it. I just bought a loose complete Hasbro 12" talking Indy on eBay to display on my shelf but this one looks alot nicer.

If you mean this figure...

...then personally I would say don't bother. A load of them appeared cheap in our Poundstretcher stores. He looked skinny, deformed and nasty. I couldn't bring myself to buy one even at the low price.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Dokta_Joenz
IndyFan

Yeah, That's the one. He does look kinda skinny but I couldn't really tell a lot from the photos I saw.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokta_Joenz
Yeah, That's the one. He does look kinda skinny but I couldn't really tell a lot from the photos I saw.

There are more photos here. The reviewer actually likes the figure, despite the photos.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
indyclone25
IndyFan

the hat needs to be heated up by a blow dryer and then as its warm you shape the brim in the front the way you like it and then once its like you want , run it under cold water to make it stay . thats what i did for mine and i like the figure i just wish it came with the satchel.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Dokta_Joenz
IndyFan

It looks alright to me from the photos in this review: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121008a.htm

It does look a little disproportionate in some spots though, and that pistol is way to big, but it has a decent likeness to Harrison in the face sculpt.

I dunno, I may get it the next time I have some spare $ to throw around.