Indy 4 Lovers Thread

Joel

Agent Spalko said:
Seeing as how you guys are always crashing our party, thought we'd come over here and reciprocate. :D

Allow me to welcome you with open arms, sincerely :) I respect your opinion. For the most part, I enjoyed the film. It certainly had its flaws, but I enjoyed it.

eroc

Indy 4 was a great movie. Two thumbs up! (y) (y) It may have been too deep for some of these people...and that's sad.

fatima

I could not say that I adored the movie in the first time I saw it, cause I had the sense I didn't catch everything about the story, I had to read the subtitles at the same time I'm looking at the image...so it misses a little, and I had the sense of being in a roller coster, where the action was so fast that I was like slow down, please...LOL. But I enjoyed the whole ride a lot!!! I watched in huge screen for the first time too, but I noticed there is a lack of coulor, I watched again this weekend with smaller screen and digital one with better coulor image, and I let myself to relax and let it go cause I knew how the story would develop so I kept my eyes wide open to not miss details or catch the most I could, and I just LOVE the movie a lot...and yes I can't separate my emotinal moods I was so emotive of being watching for the first time a freaking Indy movie in the cinema, with a SOLD out room, it was a double pleasure, and a sold out room for a Harrison Ford movie, something never seen before with me attending at any of his movies since 1992. Cinemas were almost full but not sold out!
Indy added new traces of his personality this time that we don't see in the previous ones and that only turns his character more complete, more humain, more wise, more charming too. We cannot forget the other characters who just were fantastic as well to help to make a movie in which I have nothing but proud of loving it and no shame in admiting it.

Indy-Anna

eroc said:
Indy 4 was a great movie. Two thumbs up! (y) (y) It may have been too deep for some of these people...and that's sad.

Then that's their loss. I thought the film was quite good.(y)

So for those on this thread who actually liked Indy 4, what did you like most about the movie and do you think it's is good the the original three?

Sharlow

Seeing as this is the Indy 4 Lover's thread, that means I can wax rapturously about what I loved in this movie :D

Lets See

1. Harrison Ford, by geeze for a bloke who's nearly the same age as my dad,he's way hot still. (which is a bit scary when I think about it coz my dad is so not hot:D :D )

2. The humour. It's got some great one liners (as seen in another thread on here) and some visual gags that just make you want to giggle quietly to yourself (or is that just me?:eek: )

3. The chase/sword fight scene. I love it from start to finish. Even tho I knew 2nd time round that it all works out in the end, the bit along the top of the cliff makes me want to close my eyes, and the tension is great. The russian soldier voluntarily jumping off the back of the car always makes me laugh.

4. The wedding, I know, I'm a girl, we just love weddings, but if Indy has to get married at last, thank god it's not to Willie coz I just want to slap her. Marion is perfect for Indy and Mutt is everything you'd expect Indy's unknown son to be.

Okay, school time for the Kid, so I'd better stop waffling on, or I'll be here all day and thats not good.:) :)

Sparrow

Okay, I saw this thread and it finally convinced me to come out of lurking.

After seeing the film twice, I came to the conclusion that I love it! It exhibits that good, old-fashioned fun that you would expect out of any Indiana Jones film. Sure, it's not perfect, but I can easily overlook its shortcomings and enjoy it for what it is.

Shark_Blade

I love the movie and I've seen it twice now, planning to go see it again if I have the time.(y)

At first viewing, I really felt a bit lost (well, a lot! :eek: ) with the story, about the crystal skulls, about Ox relationship with Marion and Mutt and about Marcus (lol forgot about him in LC and RLA).

I understand it a lot better in the second viewing and I think I'll grab the novel later to get a more complete picture of the whole thing.

Oh and this movie is a lot better than the crapfest of Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo 4.

*Bring on Indy 5!!*:whip: :gun:

loganbush

4. The wedding, I know, I'm a girl, we just love weddings, but if Indy has to get married at last, thank god it's not to Willie coz I just want to slap her. Marion is perfect for Indy and Mutt is everything you'd expect Indy's unknown son to be.

Hey, I HATE weddings and this is one of my favorite scenes in the film.

clorrificus

it's really depressing seeing, hearing, and reading about people who claim to be indyfans just totally throwing this movie down in the dirt. i don't understand how people can just see it once, claim "i hate it, it sucks", and just pretend like there wasnt anything in the movie they enjoyed. all because of what? a fridge? aliens? jesus, where is the love guys?

i hope that spielberg and lucas do decide to make a 5th movie because i loved this one and i want to see more.

foreignerfred

And something I find to be weird is how the haters say lovers don't watch the movie with open minds! Am I the only one who finds that ironic?

Michael24

Well, I certainly enjoyed the movie. Seen it twice already. Wanted to see it again yesterday, but wasn't able to. Hopefully on Thursday. My brother has that day off from work, so we'll probably go then. I would like to see it a few more times. I don't know that I like it more than Temple of Doom or The Last Crusade (and Raiders remains my #1 favorite), but I definitely liked it and thought it was a lot of fun. (y)

Sykopathic

Ya know when I first heard that Shia Ledouche was in the movie I was pissed and for awhile decided I wasn't going to see it. But eventually I said screw it ignored the Mutt stuff and got into the fact it was a new Indy movie. I didn't go in expecting a life altering experiance or the second coming. I just expected to get a fun Indiana Jones adventure film. Needless to say I loved it

Kyle

I think KOTCS proved itself and rightfully belongs in the Indy series!! Great, entertaining movie. I work at a movie theater and it never ever gets old!! :)

:hat:

Sharlow

I think the trick to enjoying this movie was to go in with an open mind.

I'd not thought to search the web for forums like this before the movie came out (DOH) so I went in there expecting nothing but an Indiana Jones Movie.

I'd seen one lot of previews on the TV on a Movie Critics show, and that was it, no trailers nothing. (Geeze living in the back of whoop whoop does have it's advantages sometimes)

From the minute they threw the hat down and all the soldiers surrounded it with their guns pointed I was hooked. The second viewing yesterday has me more hooked, and even knowing the mistakes and continuity errors in it, I still loved every second of it.

So maybe people who expect too much then have their expectations dashed which is why they are saying such horrible things about it.

You can't honestly say that the fridge scene was any worse than some of the far out scenes from the previous 3 movies ( can't think of any off the top of my head, aint that typical:eek: ). The main attraction of Indy was his ability to survive the most ridiculous situations and get out of them, if not exactly scott free then only slightly bruised and battered.

It's a movie, it's supposed to be entertaining and unrealistic so let yourself be entertained by it. Suspend your sense of belief and relax and let the story transport you.

Kyle

Sharlow said:
I think the trick to enjoying this movie was to go in with an open mind.

I'd not thought to search the web for forums like this before the movie came out (DOH) so I went in there expecting nothing but an Indiana Jones Movie.

I'd seen one lot of previews on the TV on a Movie Critics show, and that was it, no trailers nothing. (Geeze living in the back of whoop whoop does have it's advantages sometimes)

From the minute they threw the hat down and all the soldiers surrounded it with their guns pointed I was hooked. The second viewing yesterday has me more hooked, and even knowing the mistakes and continuity errors in it, I still loved every second of it.

So maybe people who expect too much then have their expectations dashed which is why they are saying such horrible things about it.

You can't honestly say that the fridge scene was any worse than some of the far out scenes from the previous 3 movies ( can't think of any off the top of my head, aint that typical:eek: ). The main attraction of Indy was his ability to survive the most ridiculous situations and get out of them, if not exactly scott free then only slightly bruised and battered.

It's a movie, it's supposed to be entertaining and unrealistic so let yourself be entertained by it. Suspend your sense of belief and relax and let the story transport you.

Thank you. The last two or three sentences pretty much sums it up for me.

Sharlow

Glad I could help Hehe.

I actually achieved something other than sitting around home bored out of my mind waiting for my kid to get home from school.:D :D

BTW I'm very jealous of your job, that right now would be my dream occupation, then I could watch Indy all day every day and no one would be able to roll their eyes at me lol

Kyle

It has it's advantages. Manager is a jerk though. But its worth it. I've seen Kingdom about 20 times now....and it doesn't get old. Love it!!!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I enjoyed the first time and the second time I loved it. And you know, I was disappointed there wasn't a proper love scene with Marion and Indy, but the second time I clearly noticed more between them and became rather happy with the film and to me, it easily beats Temple of Doom. This was more fun, more comedic.

I don't know about Indy 5, but I do know that I have embraced Indy 4.