Indy 5 Headlines Yahoo Newspage

AlivePoet

For a brief moment I geeked out and thought we had hit the jackpot announcement. Still, it's hopeful to see this getting some attention.

"Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work," [Harrison Ford] said. "If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

So it's been decided--the macguffin has been chosen? :D

So could this mean that George is writing the script? Or perhaps he is in the process of finding a screenwriter? Or the screenwriter has already been chosen and hard at work?

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

Though not an official announcement, it's pretty cool. My local news actually talked about Indiana Jones 5 tonight.

Can it actually be happening? I keep thinking it's not. But who knows.

The Indy V smei-announcement was also in Conan O'brein's monlouge last night on the Tonight Show....just thought I would put that out there too...:whip:

Parzival

http://www.joblo.com/ford-for-indy-5

"What's insane is that Ford will be seventy years old in the next three years. It just doesn't seem like he's that old. Indy's son Mutt played by Shia LaBouef has only just begun he says, ""Steven [Spielberg]'s just said that he's cracked the story."

Spielberg makes it sound as though Shia taking over is something that they are considering.

Cole

Bring it on.

It sounds like they're about 75% there. And that the next logical step would be to begin writing scripts.

I'm not ruling out a summer 2010 shooting date.

Dewy9

It does seem like the've gotten the proverbial boulder rolling. It's hard to believe that it might actually happen after 20 years of talking about Indy 4. 5 sounds like such a good number to stop at, at least for me anyway.

Crack that whip

Dewy9 said:
5 sounds like such a good number to stop at, at least for me anyway.

Indeed - Lucas and Spielberg themselves apparently thought the same thing waaaay back in the late '70s, when drawing up a contract with Paramount...
;)

Morning Bell

I'm glad to hear that there's still interest and momentum left for Indy V. If they get everything together in the next year or two I think they could be in a good position to get it done.

Goonie

Star Wars has 6
Terminator will have 6
Pirates will have 6
Spiderman will have 6
Indy will have 5? I guess LOTR and Rambo are going to have 5 too.

Make it 6! Make it 6! Make it 6!:cool:

DocWhiskey

Goonie said:
Star Wars has 6
Terminator will have 6
Pirates will have 6
Spiderman will have 6
Indy will have 5? I guess LOTR and Rambo are going to have 5 too.

Make it 6! Make it 6! Make it 6!:cool:

You're getting ahead of yourself, man.

Terminator has 4.

Pirates has 3. 4th film was announced.

Spider-man has 3. 4th film was announced.

They don't have six yet. And I really doubt Terminator will have six films much less a fifth one. I don't count films until there's a trailer with a release date.