Pyramids

Rick5150

Actually, I believe they recently came to the conclusion (or speculation) that they weren't really slaves,they were volunteers who gladly helped out. I remember reading that somewhere.
They gladly helped out? Yeah, and there were horsies, balloons and clowns too.

Indy Benson, please excuse my sarcasm as it is not directed at you. I have enjoyed your posts while here and I do not that to look like a jab at you, when in fact it was not.

All that we can come up with to explain things is somebody's theories. Who really knows? I know you were making a point, but I think the new thoeries are made so we don't have to look at the human race as being so barbarianistic (?) I may have made that word up, but in the time of everyone being PC, all it takes is somebody from Egypt to claim that we make them out to be something they are not in our history books and next thing you know, we change history to make them happy.

Personally, pushing tons of stones over logs in the heat of the desert all day is not an activity in which many would be glad to help, in my opinion. No offense taken, since I realize you are presenting another theory and I respect that since it keeps the thread going.

Finn

Staff member
Horsie, I think I've seen that document too (or at least something similar).

You can practically build anything, if you have enough hands doing it. The Pharaohs sure did. And they didn't even have to worry about such things as salaries, insurance policies, proper working hours, labour health security... etcetera.

Most of the rules of math have been discovered way before natural sciences... the Egyptians were very skilled architechts.

Of course, telling it this way is far less fascinating than the theory about these things being built by a bunch of evil snakes who like to take control over human bodies.

Rick5150

Of course, telling it this way is far less fascinating than the theory about these things being built by a bunch of evil snakes who like to take control over human bodies.

In many cases it is not evil snakes. Evil implies moral badness. These poor snakes are only doing what they must to survive. We all know that the snakes took over the bodies of the Egyptians to force them to build these structures so they could live amongst the Earthlings. In fact, a fine documentary called "Raiders of the Lost Ark" has a scene where one of these structures is breached, exposing the Earth base of the snakes. They mean no harm...

Indy Benson

Who Built the Pyramids?

I'm not saying that there weren't any slaves, but it's been suggested that there were also hired hands, and thos ethat wished to help.

Here's a few articles on the subject...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/builders.html
From NOVA Online

It is believed that Giza housed a skeleton crew of workers who labored on the pyramids year round. But during the late summer and early autumn months, during the annual flooding of the fields with water from the annual innundation of the Nile flooded the fields, a large labor force would appear at Giza to put in time on the pyramids. These farmers and local villagers gathered at Giza to work for their god kings, to build their monuments to the hereafter. This would ensure their own afterlife and would also benefit the future and prosperity of Egypt as a whole. They may well have been willing workers, a labor force working for ample rations, for the benefit of man, king, and country.

HAWASS: I came to that number based on the size of the pyramid project, a government project, the size of the tombs, the cemetery. We know we can excavate the cemetery for hundreds of years -- generations after generation can work in the cemetery -- and the second is the settlement area. I really believe there were permanent workmen who were working for the king. They were paid by the king and these are the technicians who cut the stones, and there are workmen who move the stones and they come and work in rotation. You have this group and another group. In the same time there are the people who live around the pyramids that don't need to live in the pyramids. They come by early in the morning and they work fourteen hours from sunrise to sunset.

Also, check http://www.harvard-magazine.com/on-line/070391.html

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyramids/pyramids.html

An excerpt from the article:

Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.

Rick5150

Indy Benson: I am open to any ideas at all. You can tell me the pyramids were build by preschool children during the night and with enough evidence, I will say, "Why not?" ;) I am the type of person who would need an untouched photograph of smiling Egyptians whistling while they worked to think they were gladly helping out.

Even the insinuations that they were "working for their god kings" and "This would ensure their own afterlife" make it seem like more of an insurance policy than gladly performing work. Prove to me that you can give me eternal life, and I will be out in the yard building a pyramid in a matter of minutes. Since I live in New Hampshire (aka "The Granite State") finding material should not be a problem. I guess I should check with the Zoning board first...

Indy Benson

Hahaha! Ok, ok, I won't try to convince you. I'm just going by what the experts have said.

Meanwhile, I'll get to work on Photoshop and come up with those smiling Egyptians for you. :)

Rick5150

Thanks Indy Benson. I appreciate it. I am still working on making a Photoshop image of the smiling slaves that were digging the Grand Canyon or I would do it myself ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I thought the Grand Canyon was the result of an ancient UFO disaster site, when a saucer crash landed in the South Western part of Northern America causing the huge trench. Then the flood came, and the saucer floated indefinately until it finally succumed to the water, and suck to the bottom of what is now the Pacific Ocean. Everyone knows it's there, but "they" don't want to reveal that, so we have the cockamamey story that the ocean is "too deep" for us to explore. ;)

westford

Indy Benson said:
Actually, I believe they recently came to the conclusion (or speculation) that they weren't really slaves,they were volunteers who gladly helped out. I remember reading that somewhere.
I'm with Benson (kinda) on this one.

In ancient Egypt, the pharaoh was seen as a god, or as the people's representative among the gods. It was believed at one time that the god Horus entered the body of the pharaoh's father at the time of conception, so that the pharaoh was half-god, half-human. (Of course, this could have been a rumour put about by pharaohs to make people do what they said... ;) )

Anyway, when it came to building monuments such as the pyramids, the pharaoh had architects, etc, to plan it for him/her, and a massive workforce who believed it was in their best interests to keep the pharaoh and the gods, happy. Pharaoh says 'jump', you say 'how high?'

Rick5150

Anyway, when it came to building monuments such as the pyramids, the pharaoh had architects, etc, to plan it for him/her...
Okay, so show me the original blueprints ;) I know, I know, they were drawn in the sand with a stick...

Finn

Staff member
You know, I think they used <i>papyrus</i>.

But go figure, same thing... that stuff decapacitates in decades.

TombReader

'If anyone believes that our ancient ancestors built these structures, developed the secrets of mummification and the advanced hieroglyphic language depicting the future of mankind rather than the past, you should also consider that mankind must be devolving rather than evolving. If we cannot figure out with any degree of satisfaction how we did things in the past with all the intelligence we supposedly have garnered through the years, how can it be otherwise?'

This type of thinking is called 'ethnocentricity'.It implies that our present day civilization represents the height of achievement in culture and intellect,which may not be true.

Rick5150

This type of thinking is called 'ethnocentricity'.It implies that our present day civilization represents the height of achievement in culture and intellect,which may not be true.

I do not think that I implied that we have reached the "height" of anything, just that our intelligence has declined since the building of the pyramids. If our ancestors achieved the level of architectural skills to do what they did using what they had, that we are going the wrong way if we can not continue to do so. I thought ethnocentricity was based on one's own ethnic group. If that was implied, I sincerely apologize, since that was not the meaning at all - that is why I chose the word "mankind." I never claimed to be literate.

Last edited:

westford

Rick5150 said:
I do not think that I implied that we have reached the "height" of anything, just that our intelligence has declined since the building of the pyramids.
Has it? Or are there just more stupid people in the world to 'dilute' the intelligence...? ;)

Rick5150

Has it? Or are there just more stupid people in the world to 'dilute' the intelligence...?
I can give a goofy theory on anything. Watch...
Due to the fact that we have wiped out many diseases and have surgeons now that do heart transplants with one hand while reading a book with the other the human race is living longer than it should. This means that the strong are not the only ones to survive and the genetically deficient people are now living to reproduce and pass on their genes to the next generation. These people need a little chlorine in their gene pool if you get my drift. I think Charlie insinuated something about this in one of his posts - the people that have family trees with only one branch. Read the Darwin Awards for excellent examples of these folk that show that for every single invention you can come up with, someone will do something stupid with it and kill themselves. You are probably more correct than you think Westford ;)

monkey

Great thread!!!

"This type of thinking is called 'ethnocentricity'.It implies that our present day civilization represents the height of achievement in culture and intellect,which may not be true".

GREAT STATEMENT TOMBREADER!!! You are so on the mark!!

"I personally think that humans were quite advanced at one time in history, but about three or four thousand years ago we were set back a bit (think "big flood")".

EXACTLY AARON!!

Though I would place the great flood more at about 11,000 years ago (the Age of Leo). Think about the extermination of the great Pleistocene mammals. The Great Flood was a very real event.

The Great Pyramids were not built as tombs. The fact that they were used as such by later generations does not change that fact.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Here's a theory to try on for size...

Atlantis was once a real an powerful civilization...however, not as we have been told it.
Instead this great civ. was highly advanced and was the only civilization on the planet at the time. Through unexplainable events this civilization was brought to ruin...for fun lets thrown in the Great Flood mention in the Bible...and the remaining few people repopulated the Earth with only a dim memory of what used to be.

Lets say that this great flood cause a dramatic shift in the continents creating a planet layout similar to what it is today. Now lets also say that the capital of this great civilization was located in now modern-day Antartica.

The survivors of this flood mimic what used to be, by building great structures of their own that at least bring back the vauge memories of this great civilization. Remember the Egyptians weren't the only ones to build pyramids. The western and eastern cultures also had their fair share in the building action.

What I'm getting at is that I ahere to the theory of a pre-recorded history civilization that was highly advanced, but all thei knowledge has since been lost and what they did was only mimicked by the other civilizations that were to follow.

This also brings about another great discussion about crystal and obsidian skulls, as well as other unexplainable artifacts that have been found.

monkey

WOW!!

Aaron, I can only say that we are so totally on the same plane with this!!

Your theory is so close to mine!! In fact it is just about exactly the same as my theories and ideas.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Go see Alien vs. Predator. They have a similar theory as the central part of the storyline...not to mention is not a half-bad movie. My only wish is that the movie filled in a bit more about this mysterious civilization.

I think there are several in the scientific community have a similar theory. It doesn't make sense on how cultures so far apart, and so distant in their own ways, could have so many similarities.