Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Finn

Staff member
featofstrength said:
Like "the team has been compromised by a mole" and/or "we're going rogue agent on our corrupt organization?" Sorry, only seen up to the third one, and that was more than enough.
Same goes on in part 4, sadly. Except this time the twist is that... you spend the whole film guessing who it is, and then... there isn't one. They were all loyal all along.

That subversion comes at least one film too late though, if you ask me.

Too lazy to use these.

Moedred said:
Who needs a death star when you have a salmon cannon? (Wait for 3:31.)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l9qA8c-E_oA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ugh...the fish thing was funny, but Abrams faux directing R2 and walking off in disgust? Too long, and overdone. Did Lucas write and direct this bit?

TheFedora

So Latino Review is going around this ridiculous rumor about what happens to Han Solo. Not only is it ridiculous, it seems extremely out of character for Luke as well.

curmudgeon

TheFedora said:
So Latino Review is going around this ridiculous rumor about what happens to Han Solo. Not only is it ridiculous, it seems extremely out of character for Luke as well.

Sometimes, I get the impression that Latino Review will post almost anything from their inbox.

kongisking

TheFedora said:

Well, if the rumor is true, isn't it being out-of-character, um, the point? Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

If we are indeed talking about the "Luke has gone insane and kills Han at the end" rumor, I've been a staunch supporter of Luke being portrayed as the new Obi-Wan Kenobi, the sage old master who mentors the new heroes, but if these rumblings have truth to them, I've been going over in my head how it could be done so as to not invalidate Luke's hero's journey. And the idea struck me that they could make it work by having this be Luke's final test as a Jedi. His journey's not truly over until he is forced to confront the corruption of the spirit this immense power can bring, and once he has conquered that, Luke will truly be the greatest Jedi of all time. So maybe after killing Han, that is what snaps him out of it, and he spends the next two films on a quest of redemption by joining the heroes. I can see some juicy drama possibilities there...

Montana Smith

Keep calm and remember that nothing's canon unless we say so.

Canon:

Jaxxon4.jpg

Non-canon:

NoJarJar.jpg

curmudgeon

TheFedora said:
Why did SW7 have to debut its trailer the day after Jurassic World? Talk about stealing thunder.

Because Kathy and Frank both decided to invite their franchises over for Thanksgiving?

Dr. Gonzo

featofstrength said:
I hear the most exciting thing about the teaser trailer is the Millennium Falcon is confirmed to have a rectangular radar dish

Or one simply could have deduced that from these photos from months ago...

SpanishLeak1.jpg

anthenna.jpg

curmudgeon

AndyLGR said:

That is, 9 select Regal theatres.

AMC and Cinemark have both announced that they're carrying it in select theaters this weekend too.

https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/536958291494977536
https://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/536962533358174209

EDIT: starwars.com has the full location list: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tease-theater-list

The trailer will then go out to theaters worldwide in December.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OMOVFvcNfvE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A beach ball astromech?

Shades of Dark Star. :D

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
A beach ball astromech?
You've stolen TheFedora's thunder.;)

Looks like the droid is riding the ball rather than being part of it.

HATE that lightsabre design.(n) LOVE the X-Wings over the lake!(y) The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing all of the classic ships flying through an atmosphere rather than outer space.
featofstrength said:
And yet they still want to pay to see an unrelated, ****ty movie just to see it.
Must admit that I did that once (and only once) for the "Revenge of the Jedi" preview in 1983 after a friend saw it by chance.:eek: In my defence, though, there was no internet so it was the only way to watch it. I snuck in a Sony Walkman to record the sound and still have the cassette. At least it showed a hell of a lot more than this one does. (The ****ty movie was "Max Dugan Returns".)

Last edited:

Grizzlor

I think the plot/background is pretty clear now. There was a long term calm in the "force," during which someone like Luke faded away, not being "needed." Now the **** is being stirred as they say. I thought the Excalibur-like light saber sword was pretty damn cool though. And they're not going to show much a YEAR prior to opening, that's for sure.

Traditional effects?.

Saber hilt and in-the-battle camera shake...:rolleyes: .

If we didnt know this was supposed to be a SW movie, would this be an exciting trailer?

Duaner

I am not sure I am a fan of the droid. I do like the lightsaber though. The scene with the lightsaber seems to remind me of Harry Potter for some reason.

Easily the coolest thing about the trailer is the X-Wings.

I have read many things that say Benedict Cumberbatch is the narrator at the beginning. Can anyone confirm that?

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
And they're not going to show much a YEAR prior to opening, that's for sure.
What I meant was that I got more bang for my $3.50 by going to see a ****ty movie than any dork did for this. There's only about 30 secs. of footage. Half of this teaser is frickin' BLACK screen!