Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Attila the Professor

Staff member
sarah navarro said:
I've always wanted to go to DisneyWorld ,but from what im hearing it doesnt seem any better than Disneyland.I've actually become kind of tired of Disneyland,the only good thing is the Indy ride and Space Mountain.:) It takes only about 1 day to get through Disneyland and to get through DisneyWorld it takes a couple doesnt it?That would be more fun to stay in a hotel and keep going back.

More than a couple, to be sure. EPCOT alone requires two days.

Niteshade007

sarah navarro said:
I've always wanted to go to DisneyWorld ,but from what im hearing it doesnt seem any better than Disneyland.I've actually become kind of tired of Disneyland,the only good thing is the Indy ride and Space Mountain.:) It takes only about 1 day to get through Disneyland and to get through DisneyWorld it takes a couple doesnt it?That would be more fun to stay in a hotel and keep going back.

If you REALLY rush, each park can be done in a day. MGM and Animal Kingdom you could probably even fit into one day, if you only had a quick lunch, rode only the rides and didn't watch any shows or parades. So that's a three day minimum. But that is not including our Downtown Disney (no offense, but far superior to its Disneyland counterpart). Also, we have several waterparks, far more hotels to check out, and AMAZING dinner shows. For as much as I liked Disneyand, I wouldn't say it was better than Disney World. Disney World has more to offer, I feel. Disneyland was just upgraded recently, however, so there rides have a fresher look to them. But I wouldn't trade Disney World for Disneyland at all.

Last edited:

roundshort

Nothing beats popping a bottle of Dom at Club 33, and watching everyone wlak around and have a great time.

I really like both parks, DL if you only have a day or 2, DW for a 5 or 6 day trip.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Nothing beats popping a bottle of Dom at Club 33, and watching everyone wlak around and have a great time.

I really like both parks, DL if you only have a day or 2, DW for a 5 or 6 day trip.

I totally forgot to tell ya, I was at Down Town D, Monday night for dinner. (or as me and the mrs. like to say under the Double D's....per the large sign at the entrance to the mall) You been lately? Joshua did rather well, considering the amount of people, and smells. :p

ghost1000

Make them slow down and enjoy the themeing. I went with a first-timer back in June, and he and another person just talked through the entire queue. I don't think he was really able to appreciate one of the most fantastic queue lines that Disney has ever created.

And maybe point out the Hidden Mickey in the office. I'd say to point out the Hidden Mickey on the ride itself, but it's too hard to catch. I had to ride about a dozen times before I saw it.

Niteshade007

I liked the queue for the Indiana Jones ride, but I think my favorite was Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. That one really set up the story for the ride without the use of video or anything. It was just like getting little bits of the story at each stop along the way. It was really well done.

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
Always a good time. I will say Napa Rose in the Grand California Hotel is the best Disney restaurant, but V & A's isn't bad or the California Grill is fun also.

East coaster say 'Brown Derby.'

EyesofMara

Indiana Jones the ride

Hey there, I looked around the boards and I haven't seen any threads about the Indiana Jones rides at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. Obviously I doubt to many ppl on these boards have been to Tokyo Disneyland but I wanted to get your thoughts on the ride in Anaheim.

Also some interesting facts among the props in the rides queue....

The truck carrying the ark in Raiders sits in the front of the entrance of the line, complete with the bent bumper and holes in the tarp from the scene.

The mine cart used in temple of doom hangs around the outdoor part of the queue.

Indy's office just as you exit the video room has props from many of the movies, including Indy's hat, as well as letters from Abner Ravenwood congratulating Dr. Jones on his find of the Temple of the Forbidden eye. (The ride takes place before Raiders, about 2 years before I believe while the Tokyo ride is actually a sequel to the anaheim ride.)

Deckard

Never been on it but sounds cool. I have been to the Indy stunt show in Florida. I hope w/ the coming of this new movie they decide to build a ride there as well.

No Ticket

Deckard said:
Never been on it but sounds cool. I have been to the Indy stunt show in Florida. I hope w/ the coming of this new movie they decide to build a ride there as well.

I've always wanted to go on the Indy ride but never been able to. I, too, have only seen the stunt show in MGM -- Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. But I saw it twice, once when it first opened in 1990 and again in 2002. I really wanted to be one of the people picked in the audience to be "extras." How cool is that? lol.

I can't wait to see the addition they said they're going to put in it to tie into the new movie... (I think the new addition ties into KOTCS anyway).

Little Indy

I just went to Disneyland in Anaheim yesterday (birthday and all). I spoke with some of the cast members and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye will be recieving updates to the ride. Somewhat like Pirates of the Carribean did after the success of the movies. It'll be neat to see the new changes.

Deckard

Just imagine a really really fast, intense, ToD minecart style indoor rollercoaster w/ all of that new 3d technology they have. I would imagine you could make a sick Indy ride. People who have been on Spiderman 3-D at IOA in Florida will now what I mean. If you haven't been on Spiderman I feel sorry for you, go to Florida and ride it.

No Ticket

Deckard said:
Just imagine a really really fast, intense, ToD minecart style indoor rollercoaster w/ all of that new 3d technology they have. I would imagine you could make a sick Indy ride. People who have been on Spiderman 3-D at IOA in Florida will now what I mean. If you haven't been on Spiderman I feel sorry for you, go to Florida and ride it.

I watched TOD the other night and I was thinking just the same thing. An Indy mine cart roller coaster ride. It could pass over lava pits that glow orange and red... then go into corridors that are smoke filled so much so that you can't see anything beyond fuzzy lights in the smoke/steam... It would even be cool if another "car" began to chase you with "bad guys" in it at some point... until "Indy" who is with you on the ride switches the track and they go off into what appeared to be a dead end and you hear "AHhhh.."

Then you could pass through a really dark corridor in the cave and come out into an interior city that is like underground. The storyline could revolve around getting something from that temple... so you go inside slowly now and darts fire over head (or so it seems)... these statues with thier mouthes open breathe open flames or something... ... you pick up more speed and then you arrive at a dead end. Then "Indy" says for everyone to just stay calm while he figures it out... Uh-oh! The way behind us is closed off and the ceiling is starting to close down on us! Yikes!

Right when it seems like your really going to get crushed. Indy says, "I've found some kind of lever... lemme see if I can't..." ... bammm the floor falls out and the track lowers to meet up to another section in the darkness below and you free-fall 100 ft. Ahhhhh!!

When you reach the bottom. You've made it! Indy says that you've found the hidden treasure room. It's filled to the brim with treasures and lined with waterfalls. You slowly ride through it and an actor portraying Indy gets out of the lead car and goes to remove the main treasure. (Yes i'm stealing from Aladdin now) and the place starts to cave in... the exit ahead caves in and you can't go that way on the track so Indy gets in and you start moving backwards... only this time you go through one of the waterfalls and as you are going backwards huge fans blow large gusts of winds your way and it makes cob-webs over head and such blow furiously and freaks you out to boot.

As your going backwards these statues come together like they are going to squish you, but they always just miss you, but since your backwards you can see them closing together as you travel through.... and then you finally come out of the temple area... back into the cave area and back out into daylight...

... or something like that. Either way it's fun to imagine!

whipcracker666

I live in Florida but have been to Disney land in California several times. Temple of the forbidden eye has got to be my all time favorite Disney ride.
There have been rumors that a new Indy attraction is in the works for one of the Disney parks in Orlando , unfortunately I doubt they will ever build a replica of the forbidden eye / crystal skull ride in Orlando because Disneys Animal Kingdom already has their own version of that ride called Dinosaur.
It's essentially the same ride only with animatronic dinosaurs in a prehistoric jungle setting instead of Indiana Jones in a temple setting. It's still a kick ass ride though.

Andy Jones

EyesofMara said:
There is one in Euro Diseny. YouTube has videos of all the rides in all the parks if anyone wants to check em out. :)

I've only been to Euro Disney once, back in 1993. Unfortunately they were still in the process of building the ride.

Michael24

Forbidden Eye is my favorite ride at Disneyland (naturally, since I'm a big Indy fan). I've been on it countless times, the first just within a few months of opening when they were still handing out decoder codes to translate all the Maraglyps while you waited in line. I've still got about a half-dozen codes somewhere, too.

I only wish they could have used Harrison Ford's likeness and voice for the Indy figures.

Deckard

Michael24 said:
Forbidden Eye is my favorite ride at Disneyland (naturally, since I'm a big Indy fan). I've been on it countless times, the first just within a few months of opening when they were still handing out decoder codes to translate all the Maraglyps while you waited in line. I've still got about a half-dozen codes somewhere, too.

I only wish they could have used Harrison Ford's likeness and voice for the Indy figures.

They were going to but apparently when Harry showed up to do lines for the ride they tryed to make him do something extra so he walked.