The Lost Journal

walker

Hi everyone
I'm new to the board. Used to post on Indyfan.com quite a bit when it was still active. Wrote a few short stories over there as well (IJ and the Golden Death; IJ and the Serpent of Evil).

Wanted to let you know that I was at the London Book Fair in April and met with a publisher who mentioned that they'd just signed a contract with Lucasfilm to do a new book in conjunction with Indy 4. It's entitled The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. Essentially, it's going to be a replica of the journal that you see Indy use throughout the various films. If I understand it correctly, it'll include all of the written stuff you see in the films, plus a lot more, in addition to loose pieces like a zepplin ticket, maps, and other parphrenalia. It's going to be leather and look weathered, etc, with an elastic band around the front to keep it closed. I believe they'll be including stuff from the fourth movie in it as well, but that's speculation on my part based on what my contact said. She'd just received the notice and the description re: the deal that morning, so she was learning about it the same time as me.

Could be cool
walker:whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Raven! Are you the walker who reviewed Saucer Men? How did you come across it? Sure could use some official sources to absolutely confirm its authenticity. I ordered the script myself and scanned it for TheRaider. We discussed it here.

It's about time we got a chronological guide to the Indyverse, like Star Wars fans have!

walker

yep, that's me

that was year's ago!

I seem to remember having ordered it through an online place called ScriptShack.com. I think they must have gotten sued, though, because they only sell legit scripts nowadays.

Zorg

That Indy's journal -kind of book sounds really cool. :cool: Do you have any info how limited edition it will be?

indyt

walker said:
Hi everyone
I'm new to the board. Used to post on Indyfan.com quite a bit when it was still active. Wrote a few short stories over there as well (IJ and the Golden Death; IJ and the Serpent of Evil).

Wanted to let you know that I was at the London Book Fair in April and met with a publisher who mentioned that they'd just signed a contract with Lucasfilm to do a new book in conjunction with Indy 4. It's entitled The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. Essentially, it's going to be a replica of the journal that you see Indy use throughout the various films. If I understand it correctly, it'll include all of the written stuff you see in the films, plus a lot more, in addition to loose pieces like a zepplin ticket, maps, and other parphrenalia. It's going to be leather and look weathered, etc, with an elastic band around the front to keep it closed. I believe they'll be including stuff from the fourth movie in it as well, but that's speculation on my part based on what my contact said. She'd just received the notice and the description re: the deal that morning, so she was learning about it the same time as me.

Could be cool
walker:whip:

cant wait to get it!!

walker

Hey Zorg
I don't think it's going to be limited edition. I am a little concerned about its availability in the U.S. though. The info was circulating at the London Book Fair, so I don't know if it'll be available in the U.S. It should be, but I came across another new Indy book a couple months back that was only available from Spain. I believe the title translates into something like "The Biography of Indiana Jones." I don't speak Spanish though, so I may be wrong.

It arrived a couple weeks ago and looks interesting, but I'm going to have to learn Spanish to read it. Looks like it's Indy's biography as written by Marcus Brody. It does not appear to cover anything taking place during Indy 4, however.

I wish Lucasfilm would release a list of all of their licensed Indy product. It's hard to find this overseas stuff.
walker

Stoo

Hey walker,

Looking forward to this new book. Thanks for the passing on the news!
The Spanish one sounds interesting too. If I may ask, what is the ISBN #?

walker

Indiana Jones Biography ISBN

Sure. The ISBN is 8495642743.

Here's a link to the page where I first found it:
http://www.agapea.com/Indiana-Jones-biografia-n481334i.htm

I ordered it from these folks and received it in good condition, but you should know that they totally screwed up my mailing address and sent it to the wrong place. I eventually tracked it down, but to be safe, you may want to have a friend who speaks Spanish (if you do not) order it for you. It's possible I botched the instructions for filling in my address....

walker

walker

Hi all
Several weeks back I mentioned that I'd seen some advance info on a new IJ book at the London Book Fair. Well, I just checked the Amazon.ca (Canadian) site and they have it listed. Looks like it will be available May 6, 2008. I've copied the details as posted on the site below. No actual description of content as of yet, but the description I got at the fair is that it will be a replica of Indy's journal and include all sorts of map fragments, train tickets, etc, including stuff from the new movie. Could be cool.
walker
:hat:

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (Hardcover)
by Henry Jones (Author)

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: CDN$ 28.99
Price: CDN$ 18.26 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over CDN$ 39. Details
You Save: CDN$ 10.73 (37%)

Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details

Hardcover
Publisher: Pocket; 1 edition (May 6 2008)
ISBN-10: 1416563156
ISBN-13: 978-1416563150

walker

one correction

I just doublechecked the US Amazon site and it's listed there as well. Looks like it's going to retail for $25 US.
walker

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones

Saw this and other items listed on Amazon to coincide with the release of Indy IV -- but a lost journal? Is this like a prologue tie-in to the film or --- egads --something happens to our favorite adventurer and this is his last entry...

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (Hardcover)
by Henry Jones (Author)
List Price: $25.00
Price: $16.50 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $8.50 (34%)

(Hardcover - May 6, 2008)

The May 6 date as well as recent talk from Hasbro may suggest that that day will see the official release of Indy 4 merchandise. This book sounds intriguing.