indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

holdeen

col.dietrich: we plan to make a traditional (mostly) 2d animation, but for some sequences I'd like to see some 3d. i'd be happy to see your stuff!

Stoo: thanks! You're welcome to make the map sequence :)

btw, things started rolling, and I think the works will begin in a few months.
still, we need a couple of more artists.

IndyFan89

There are enough artists on this forum that one would think would like to help out.

What script are we using? Can I get a copy of it?

col.dietrich

i would more like to character designs than actuall animation, i could post somme pics of indy, cartoon version( i would do a few) and pick one you like best.

col.dietrich

here are 3 indiana jones cartoon diegns(sp?)

DSC08987.jpg

DSC08988.jpg

DSC08989.jpg

if you want another one just say so other wise choose one!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
holdeen said:
Okay guys, here's the thing:

there are some folks who'd like to work on the storyline. Actually I got one script already, which could possibly turn into a short animation (Eric, gonna comment on your message later.)

There are some artists, but we need much more of them to let this thing happen.

-I'd take care of designing and painting the backgrounds. Also, I could work on the storyboard and also some animation.

-We may need more people to work on the storyboard. Also, I'd welcome someone to take care of character design. Actually I wrote a mail to Patrick Schoenmaker, cause I really dig his stuff but no response yet.

-Several animators needed. I'm thinking about classic 2d animation, however,
we could use some 3d for moving objects etc. (Combining these two techniques won't mean that you'll see a Clone Wars type of stuff. Think of Disney's Atlantis instead)

-We need someone to edit the stuff, IndyFan89, would be nice if you could help. I'm also interested in your sound library.

-Musicians are also welcome. I know someone who could compose some original score, and maybe we can use Williams' music - hopefully they wont sue us.

-Also I'd like to see someone who could take care of directing and organizing.
I'd certainly like to work on the project, but I dont want to direct it myself.
Also, we need a server to exchange stuffs, or some private and secure webite to discuss what to do.

I think the script and the storyboard could be done this spring. Then we have to record the voices before starting animate things. In the meantime I can start painting the backgrounds etc. The animation process could be done in the summer, and maybe editing, soundeffects and adding music could be done
by the end of the summer. Which means that we could have our own Indy fan animation by the fall.

Anyways, the reason why i tried to explain all these things briefly, is that there are several people is still needed. Someone should take over organizing the work of these individuals, and we could start right away!

okay, let me know what you think.

I'd be happy to work on the animation. How is it good to be compiled? Digital or paper

col.dietrich

well, this isnt going anywhere, so here is a possible story.

the story starts in 1937, indy is teaching in marshal collage. he is told by marcus that the nazis have hired a scientist called ewan. they want ewan to help them find the ancient aztec sundisk. indy sets of for new york, to seek the assistences(sp?) of marion ravenwood. she has reopend a new raven bar and things are running smoothly. they both set off to paris, where they are to meet with a mysterious profferser called 'doctor.E' after he tells them a lot about the sundisk and its rumord location. Dr.E reveals himself as ewan, and indy and marion are captured by nazis. while being held at a nazi prison camp in germany, they break out by shooting the guards(this would be a good action scene) thus, follows a truck-chase. indy and marion escape to the amozon and find the temple of the sundisk. ewan and the nazis arrive and force indy to lead them to the treasure. when they reach the sundisk, it emits a blinding light. indy and marion take cover and are not harmed. ewan and the nazis are ripped apart by the light but some catch on fire. indy and marion leave the sundisk understanding that its powers are to dangerous and return to new york. indy gose back to marshall and tells marcus that he stopped the nazis. the movie then fades as indy is walking down the street to his house with his back turned towards the camera. :confused:

muttjones

col.dietrich said:
well, this isnt going anywhere, so here is a possible story.

the story starts in 1937, indy is teaching in marshal collage. he is told by marcus that the nazis have hired a scientist called ewan. they want ewan to help them find the ancient aztec sundisk. indy sets of for new york, to seek the assistences(sp?) of marion ravenwood. she has reopend a new raven bar and things are running smoothly. they both set off to paris, where they are to meet with a mysterious profferser called 'doctor.E' after he tells them a lot about the sundisk and its rumord location. Dr.E reveals himself as ewan, and indy and marion are captured by nazis. while being held at a nazi prison camp in germany, they break out by shooting the guards(this would be a good action scene) thus, follows a truck-chase. indy and marion escape to the amozon and find the temple of the sundisk. ewan and the nazis arrive and force indy to lead them to the treasure. when they reach the sundisk, it emits a blinding light. indy and marion take cover and are not harmed. ewan and the nazis are ripped apart by the light but some catch on fire. indy and marion leave the sundisk understanding that its powers are to dangerous and return to new york. indy gose back to marshall and tells marcus that he stopped the nazis. the movie then fades as indy is walking down the street to his house with his back turned towards the camera. :confused:

i like that but maybe we should work on the opening sequence. It would be extremely hard to make a feature length animation. Because the opening sequence has nothing to do with the rest of the story (though it could...) we can focus on making that small part as good as possible before attempting the full film.

So i think it should be a snow sequence. Something we haven't seen much of. I'll try write something up.

col.dietrich

muttjones said:
i like that but maybe we should work on the opening sequence. It would be extremely hard to make a feature length animation. Because the opening sequence has nothing to do with the rest of the story (though it could...) we can focus on making that small part as good as possible before attempting the full film.

So i think it should be a snow sequence. Something we haven't seen much of. I'll try write something up.
okey, so the openings gonna take place in the winter? so do you mean that hes gonna be teaching in the winter or on an adventure in the winter?

muttjones

col.dietrich said:
okey, so the openings gonna take place in the winter? so do you mean that hes gonna be teaching in the winter or on an adventure in the winter?

well as you would certainly know, each indy film has an opening sequence showing the end of another adventure. He then travels back to school and we see him teaching. So i'm saying this would be an adventure in the winter. Nothing supernatural (save that for the real macguffin) just a special idol carved out of a sacred wood or maybe extremely rare cave paintings.

col.dietrich

muttjones said:
well as you would certainly know, each indy film has an opening sequence showing the end of another adventure. He then travels back to school and we see him teaching. So i'm saying this would be an adventure in the winter. Nothing supernatural (save that for the real macguffin) just a special idol carved out of a sacred wood or maybe extremely rare cave paintings.
thats fine. i will do a concept art of the idol

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
col.dietrich said:
okey, i will do some character designs and maybe you can do some test animations with them in that style.

I'm okay with that but one of the first things that needs to be done is to agree a lead person in this process and find out how many people are interested in animating this thing and the methods to used.:)

It was a bit of a joke to mention Filmation but have a check on this website for more info:D http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/JimsFilmationpage.htm

col.dietrich

JuniorJones said:
I'm okay with that but one of the first things that needs to be done is to agree a lead person in this process and find out how many people are interested in animating this thing and the methods to used.:)

It was a bit of a joke to mention Filmation but have a check on this website for more info:D http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/JimsFilmationpage.htm
i have directed many 'films' so i have experience. btw, i am all most finished with the designs for indy

IndyFan89

col.dietrich said:
i have directed many 'films' so i have experience. btw, i am all most finished with the designs for indy
What films?

Just so all my cards are on the table: www.wsnproductions.com

anyways, filmation looks to corny, go big or go home I say.

Some traditional animation mixed with some blender talent would be the best. I can do all the things stated in my other post whenever you need me. Also, When we're done, I can cut up some cues from the Indy scores and disney attraction stuff to make a soundtrack.