Are the Sankara Stones real?

Patrick

okay... Here's a tiny bit of information that I have so here it is.

Okay first what does Sankara mean? Well first of all Sankara or Vendanta, is one of the six strict philosophies of the Hindi religion. The most important part of Sankara is the knowledge Brahman who was the supreme and Pure being of this religion. This philosophy is mostly based upon the parts of the later eras of the Vedic literature which was the thinking about things that were still, yet unknown. Now, when this philosophy was made, the different Indian tribes credited it to a Indian philosophers who created the first ?real? Sankara manuals who?s name was Badrayana; who lived in the time around four hundred years before Christ. And the saga called Vyasa, which is a long, epic story that even placing a summary of the chapter would be wasting space since you would hard to understand. It tells of the heritage of India and is an amazing story. The Sankara also gave attribute to latter poem called Mahabharata and the Veda collection. The Veda collection is the oldest known scripture in Hinduism. It contains the way to hold a ceremony, with different poetical parts with four sets of hymns. The Hindu language in which all the literature is written in is called Sanskrit which is pointed out in the movie when Willie asks Indiana If the symbols on the sheet of cloth were a kind of writing.

Okay there's the Sankara and now and I'm not leaving here till I find the stones powers... Yeah. Tell me if you want more information on the philosophy cause I could always give you more! Yeah thanks for reading, Pat or whatever. I hate when teachers do that... call you by your entire name...yeah okay we're or I'm getting a little off topic now so enjoy the information.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Great stuff! I didn't have the patience to wallow through all the stuff I found to find anything conclusive. However, everything I found referred to Sankara as a person, I never heard of it as a philosophy, that's interesting. Also, I never heard "Sankara" in connection with the Mahabharata and the Vedic texts, that's really something. (For those who don't know, the Mahabharata is something of a Hindu equivalent to the Oddyssey or the Aenied, in being the greatest literary achievement for the particular ancient civilization.)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wow patrick and Attila, I never had seen the stones in that light. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep reading.

westford

Shiva Lingams are rare stones found in the bed of one of India's most holy rivers, the Narmada. Villagers gather this unique crypto-crystalline quartz when the water is low. Lingam describes the shape: egglike, but hand polished to balanced proportions. This fertility stone is worshipped by many Hindus as the embodiment of Lord Shiva. Lingam is also the Sanskit word for phallus. In Tantra, the shape embodies masculine energy: dynamic expression and knowledge. The markings called Yoni (Sanskrit for *****), depict feminine energy: wisdom and intuition. Together, the female energy arouses the masculine urge to create. The Shiva Lingam unifies the duality of male and female into a union of harmonious balance.

Not sure what 'fortune and glory' has to do with it though...