August 1st - a significant day for me...

Canyon

Why? Because (well, it's 2nd Aug in England right now but you guys are a few hours behind) today 14 years ago, I became an Indy fan. :D

Ah, I remember it well. There I was all of 16 years old sat in a dark cinema, and I can still remember when I laid eyes on Harrison (and remembered him from when I had seen Raiders on TV years before). I loved the whole film, the script, the fantastic rapport between Harrison and Sean, Harrison's acting (which I thought and still think is excellent in this film) and most of all, the wonderful character of Indiana Jones.

Here is a character who is not only a scholar and a man with a great thirst for knowledge but he also has the most amazing survival instincts ever, and is also a man who is also brave, heroic, determined and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in. That man, Indiana Jones, became my hero, my role model and despite being fictitious, someone who I could really admire a great deal. :)

50.jpg

Which brings me to the question. Do any of you know the date or year when you became an Indy fan? Did it happen overnight or did you gradually come to realise that Indy is one of the (if not the best) film heroes of all time? ;)

<small>Hope you don't mind, but I felt that I really had to share that with y'all.</small> :D

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I came an Indyfan in 1995, when I saw Temple of Doom and played Fate of Atlantis. FoA was on my first computer, and I remember playing it with my dad, he practically translating everything to Finnish (I was only seven years old that time). Well, then I played FoA over and over again, and also all the other LucasArts adventure games of the 1990's. When I was about 12, I got Last Crusade from library and bought Raiders from a video store. Then I created my website, which can be found <a href="http://koti.mbnet.fi/vpr/indy" target="_blank">here</a>. Ever since, I have been a "die-hard" Indyfan.

Patrick

Probably 7 years ago when I saw Raiders on a Tv in a store. I saw about 20 minutes until my parents dragged me away...screaming :D.