General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Udvarnoky

I don't think Disney owes Spielberg anything. Which not to say they won't seek his blessing. He's useful for marketing because he's a brand name, in the same way Disney was flogging how the new Star Wars was "based on an idea by George Lucas" or something.

IndyForever

Lucas never mentioned Indy 5 @ Sundance yesterday or in fact in the last few weeks so its fair to assume he is not involved anymore which takes Spielberg with him & most likely Ford ..... sadly :(

Lucas should have made his intentions clear years ago instead of keeping the weak flames of fanboy hope alive as a smokescreen to cover his new SW Trilogy & selling Lucasfilm to Disney which is exactly what he appeared to do.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Hopeful news for team Ford...
March 30, 2015
E! ONLINE: Harrison was driving his Tesla and seemed to be in good spirits. He was wearing a hat so there weren't any visible signs of wounds on his head. He was by himself but able to drive his car normally. He arrived at Steven Spielberg's house in the late afternoon and went straight through the gate. He was there for many hours and stayed all through the evening. He went home after 10 p.m.

April 1, 2015
Frank Marshall: "Harrison is at home and he?s up and about. I talked to him yesterday and he?s doing really well. He?s pretty banged up, but he?s recovering remarkably. He wants to play tennis. That?s the thing you would expect him to do in a movie, but he did it in real life! He?s a really good pilot. I?ve talked to a lot of pilots who said that was a hell of a landing and he did everything correct in that situation. He made an incredible landing, to his credit. He is, after all, Indiana Jones."

Montana Smith

"it's sacred territory"

"I've watched these movies as a kid and they were a big part of my fabric and my makeup."

"I don't think I would just blindly go into it with enthusiasm I think I'd be pretty critical from the beginning, it would have to be perfect in order to do it. I think that's probably why it's taken so long for them to want to do another reboot after number four. Because that's sacred territory. The fans, they want to protect that, and rightfully so because its really important."

All credit to Chris. He wants to avoid being associated with another KOTCS.

Montana Smith

Ford vs. Pratt dance-off.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yxZVTQK2YTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jaaJyAjvajo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

giphy.gif

Silvor

Udvarnoky said:
Dude walked away from a plane crash a few months ago. Let Chris Pratt do that before giving him the hat.
Hey I'm on Fords side here, I just meant that he's healing up these days after a plane crash. I don't want Pratt to get the hat!

TheFedora

Chris Pratt denies the Indiana Jones reports again!

there is the widely and confidently reported story that he will be the next Indiana Jones. Pratt was on a four-day hunt on a Texas ranch when his manager and agent called to say that this "fact" had exploded all over the Internet. "And so I came home, and then there was paparazzi asking me about it and people asking me to sign Indiana Jones pictures and Indiana Jones hats," he says. The truth, as far as he is concerned, is that someone high up at Disney did mention to him a while back that they were picking up the rights to Indiana Jones, to which Pratt commented that his action-adventure card was fairly full. (If Jurassic World does well, there will be sequels.

TheFedora

After watching this a female Indy wouldnt be -that- bad right?
<div itemprop="video" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"><iframe src="//player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/TgV33q6yNHc4" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe></div>

Silvor

TheFedora said:
After watching this a female Indy wouldnt be -that- bad right?
<div itemprop="video" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"><iframe src="//player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/TgV33q6yNHc4" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe></div>
Better than Chris Pratt.
And it's not Indiana Jones anyways, it's Indianna Jones ;)