The Dark Knight

sandiegojones

HovitosKing said:
Sounds to me like she's the stable one.

You only have the balls to say that because your behind a monitor and keyboard you pu$$y! If you were in front of me I'd beat you like you were Christian Bale's Mom! I never attacked you until you started being an a$$hole. You've also proven who the real moron is. It's not like I said I was going to London to interfere with the investigation you retard.

Let me say again that this is a site for OPINIONS, which I shared regarding this story and my belief that this sounded like BS based on the way it was reported. He wasn't locked up. The hotel didn't call the police, his Mom and sister did. He showed up willingly to the police station. The basic facts about this story didn't suggest that there was a "beating".

HovitosKing

sandiegojones said:
You only have the balls to say that because your behind a monitor and keyboard you pu$$y! If you were in front of me I'd beat you like you were Christian Bale's Mom! I never attacked you until you started being an a$$hole. You've also proven who the real moron is. It's not like I said I was going to London to interfere with the investigation you retard.

Wow lol. Did I mention they should make a TV show about you? This is hilarious stuff. You're a natural entertainer. Hulk smash! lol

sandiegojones

HovitosKing said:
Wow lol. Did I mention they should make a TV show about you? This is hilarious stuff. You're a natural entertainer. Hulk smash! lol
Ignore...:rolleyes:

You are a loser and not worth the time.

Ah, who am I kidding! I love guys like you who think they're superior to everyone else.

Hey, when I lived in DC I heard all the queers lived in Virginia, is that true?

Last edited:

Gustav

sandiegojones said:
Ignore...:rolleyes:

You are a loser and not worth the time.

Ah, who am I kidding! I love guys like you who think they're superior to everyone else.

Hey, when I lived in DC I heard all the queers lived in Virginia, is that true?

No, it isn't. But what's wrong with "queers"?

HovitosKing

I wouldn't know, I just moved here. Did you hear this from an airport bathroom stall in D.C.? I hear those Senators and Congressmen love their little sandiegojones

sandiegojones

HovitosKing said:
I wouldn't know, I just moved here. Did you hear this from an airport bathroom stall in D.C.? I hear those Senators and Congressmen love their little sandiegojones

Actually it was in the stall at RFK during a Nationals game. I was on deck! ;)

Dude, no hard feelings, really. I just like to screw with people sometimes.

So where did you move from? I've been all over this great country of ours coast to coast.

Gustav, there's nothing wrong with that and I love Virginia too. I was just being a d!ck.

The Man

Ahh, the joys of exaggeration...

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2008/07/christian-bale.html

'Christian Bale certainly deserves another chance to be reconsidered for his excellent screen work. While the actor has denied that such an assault took place in London Sunday just hours before the premiere of the highly anticipated sequel to "Batman Begins," the damage to Bale's reputation may be irreparable. Though Christian Bale earned critical acclaim for transforming himself physically for roles in edgy films like "American Psycho" and "The Machinist," he never broke into the mainstream until taking on the iconic role of Batman in 2005. Since then, Bale has appeared in a range of big budget movies with varying degrees of success.'

Why should his reputation have to suffer if it's found that he didn't f*cking do it?!

Oh, dear!! A thread with more than 1100 replies??!?!!

First time I've checked here, but... this damned Batman movie is being discussed more than Indiana Jones 4 and 5 put together!!!! :confused: :confused:

And I was wondering why there were no more interesting contributions to the rest of the boards... :sleep: ... seems that everybody was following this topic during the last few days!!!

sandiegojones

The Man said:
Why should his reputation have to suffer if it's found that he didn't f*cking do it?!
That's because when you're accused of something you get on the front page, when you're let off the hook they put it in small print behind the underwear adds.

QBComics

How dark is the film? My parents want to take my younger sibiling and do not know if he can handle it. I was wondering if you could PM me or tell me The Dark parts of the film, Thanks. :)

HovitosKing

sandiegojones said:
Dude, no hard feelings, really. I just like to screw with people sometimes.
No hard feelings. Mods' threats aside, a reasonable amount of aggressive confrontation and conflict is what keeps this board interesting.

sandiegojones said:
So where did you move from? I've been all over this great country of ours coast to coast.

Originally from Texas, moved to Virginia from Ohio.

DocWhiskey

I've been a Batman fan my whole life. I'm as big a batfan as an Indy fan. I have hundreds of his comics, dozens of his graphic novels, tons of figures and t-shirts. I even dressed up as Joker for the premiere of the film (see a few pages back). I've seen this film 3 times. It's lived up to my personal hype. It's knocked Batman '89 aside as my favorite Batfilm and Ledger is now my favorite over Jack, which a year ago I thought would be impossible.

This film is fantastic.

But I seriously CAN'T WAIT till the hype dies down and the mainstream forget about this film. It's on television nonstop in forms of reports, interviews, etc. Everyone who seen the film thinks they're now batman experts. People are saying it's one of the best films of all time. What? Really? Come on. I just can't wait until the next few months pass and only the true fans are left. Because I'm getting a little sick of it.

Rococo

A question for those waaaay more knowledgeable about these things than me... I'm somewhat of a casual Batman fan, so how much I know about the mythology, the evolution of characters, etc, is pretty simple... but from what I thought I understood, Barbara Gordon is Commissioner Gordon's daughter (adopted daughter?) and is (or will become, depending on your perspective) Batgirl. In TDK, Barbara Gordon is Lt/Commissioner Gordon's wife? So is the Batgirl/Barbara Gordon character just way in the future, and has nothing to do with the wife character at all? Or has that person/character just been discarded from the Batman "universe" so to speak, at at this point in time?

Rococo said:
A question for those waaaay more knowledgeable about these things than me... I'm somewhat of a casual Batman fan, so how much I know about the mythology, the evolution of characters, etc, is pretty simple... but from what I thought I understood, Barbara Gordon is Commissioner Gordon's daughter (adopted daughter?) and is (or will become, depending on your perspective) Batgirl. In TDK, Barbara Gordon is Lt/Commissioner Gordon's wife? So is the Batgirl/Barbara Gordon character just way in the future, and has nothing to do with the wife character at all? Or has that person/character just been discarded from the Batman "universe" so to speak, at at this point in time?

Definitely discarded.

In The Killing Joke (prime influence for Nolan's Joker, or so he says), Joker shoots her in the back, permanently confining her to wheel chair. He then taunts Gordon with pictures of her nude and bloodied, splayed out unconscious on the floor of her living room. I much prefer it that way; Batgirl, and Robin are atrocious characters that should never have been introduced. And it's safe to say Nolan won't introduce them.

His wife is Barbara Kean Gordon and daughter is Barbara "Babs" Gordon. The girl is mentioned in the film during the scene where the son, Jimmy, is standing in the doorway and the mother mentions something like "go back inside and stay with your sister" but the daughter is never shown.

Rococo

ResidentAlien said:
Definitely discarded.

In The Killing Joke (prime influence for Nolan's Joker, or so he says), Joker shoots her in the back, permanently confining her to wheel chair. He then taunts Gordon with pictures of her nude and bloodied, splayed out unconscious on the floor of her living room. I much prefer it that way; Batgirl, and Robin are atrocious characters that should never have been introduced. And it's safe to say Nolan won't introduce them.

Interesting. I knew about the Joker shooting her, from (and I'll admit to this and brave the taunting!) the Birds of Prey series. Given the "origins" nature of these newer films, I figured she wouldn't be introduced at this time at all- but I was surprised when Gordon's wife was "Barbara Gordon", thus effectively erasing the entire other character from current and future existence.

Like I said, Barbara Kean Gordon was his wife in the comics, Barbara "Babs" Gordon is their daughter. She's mentioned in the film but not shown. Nolan's way of acknowledging the character exists while simultaneously keeping her out of his movie.

Rococo

Arnold Toht said:
Like I said, Barbara Keans Gordon was his wife in the comics, Barbara "Babs" Gordon is their daughter. She's mentioned in the film but not shown. Nolan's way of acknowledging the character exists while simultaneously keeping her out of his movie.

Interesting. I did notice the other child, and the throwaway line of "go play with your sister" but was surprised slightly more never came of it. Good to know that the mothers name was also Barbara, so at least that works with what is known. I figured there was just something I was missing there- thanks for clearing that up!.

Gustav

I was just reading the first few pages of this thread and JESUS, I didn't know it went back that far. What happened to Abe Vayoda?

It's funny how we were talking about Heath Ledger back then, speculating on whether or not he would be a good Joker. It's also funny to see that there are still Brokeback Moutnain jokes, but they were a lot more creative back then, Spalko. I mean...you guys.

If I could talk to myself back then I would tell myself: Ledger does a pretty good Joker but he will kind of remind you of those annoying goth kids from high school who wanted everyone to know that they were mentally disturbed even though they weren't. So be prepared. Oh, that reminds me, he's going to die before the movie comes out so everybody will go ape**** and for that reason the film will be wildly successful, just don't get caught up in the hype. Yes, Gustav, Two-Face is in it but don't get your hopes up about that either. Oh, don't worry, you'll like the film. Say NO to magazine salesmen, don't worry when you get fired from Barnes & Noble and beware of the girl in the horn-rimmed glasses.