The Incredible Hulk

Mrs_Fedora

I saw it also last night, i thought it was a bunch of nonsense and it was kind of stupid, but i liked it though, i had a fun night (y)
Ed Norton did quite a good job here, it was nice to see him in a role like this for a change. And, i don't know, i always like to have Tim Roth around in a movie... ;)

I'll give it a 7/10

BlackSleep

Saw it last weekend, thought it was great. Loved Ed Norton and Liv Tyler, loved the emphasis on Bruce Banner and the limited on-screen time for the Big Green Guy. Excellent baddies, excellent action. Great flick, much more impressed with this than with Indy 4. I'd even say I liked Incredible Hulk slightly more than I did Iron Man.

Flash Dixson

yodazone said:
Alot was cut out of this movie from seeing all the trailers.

And they never explained what happened to...

(spoiler)
the Stan Lee character who drank soda drink with the Hulk blood in it....

:confused:

Now I really want to see the 3 hour cut of this movie...
yeah there was also a part that had the actual captian america in it, but they took it out, I hope they put it on the dvd.

kongisking

I saw it yesterday, and it ROCKED!!! My advice to you, if you get in Hulk's way, is just this:

RUN LIKE FREAKIN' HELL!!!

I swear, the action was absolutely groundbreaking (quite literally near the end!)! I had an AWESOME time! Great action flick! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yes, I am pulling another kongisking...so sue me!!!

sandiegojones

Am I the only one surprised at the limited box office for this? $100 million in 10 days ain't bad, but given all of the competition it'll barely make the $150 million back it cost to make. It's about the same that Ang Lee's film made domestically. Maybe word of mouth can help since Batman Begins took a while to really catch on too. Hopefully the overseas numbers and DVD take will be good. I really want a sequel to this.

I think Marvel was prepared for this as they tacked on the Tony Stark bit at the end so they can at least tie the characters together for "The Avengers". Maybe having Iron Man cameo in a sequel could have worked better though. I always liked that when every other weapon failed, the Army sent in Iron Man to fight the Hulk. It could have been a cool action scene! Now that the team-up is already mentioned I don't think that can happen.

It's also funny how the critical response to both Hulk films is similar (both are about 60-65% on rottentomatoes.com) but it's clear that the general audience hated Ang Lee's film and the response to Letterier's film is way better. Everyone I know likes this Hulk. Dare I say it's "incredible"? It's faithful to the comic and the classic show.

sandiegojones said:
He died. The radiation in the blood killed him.

Whoa, wait a minute! If you drink his radiactive blood you die, yet if it gets mixed into a cut on your head you become the Leader?

I have such mixed feelings about this movie, i need a second viewing to solidify an opinion. But i did feel the FX do be inconsistant from sequence to sequence and im already tired of Marvel desperately trying to tie there movies together. Avengers movie my ass! talk about counting your chicks before they hatch: Thor will never be able to stand in his own film.

Deckard

featofstrength said:
Whoa, wait a minute! If you drink his radiactive blood you die, yet if it gets mixed into a cut on your head you become the Leader?

I have such mixed feelings about this movie, i need a second viewing to solidify an opinion. But i did feel the FX do be inconsistant from sequence to sequence and im already tired of Marvel desperately trying to tie there movies together. Avengers movie my ass! talk about counting your chicks before they hatch: Thor will never be able to stand in his own film.

Couldn't disagree more. I think Thor will be a huge underdog success in the same way this Hulk was. And as for "counting chicks before they hatch" Look what DC did in not preparing, look how many times and ways a Justic League film has already been shot down.

Now if Justice League happens, It won't be with Routh or Bale. In fact they tryed to squeeze in a new Batman while we still would have gotten Bale as Batman in a 3rd and people freaked. How does that make sence?

Marvel knows exactly what there doing, making sure that all the actors and players are on board from the get go w/ this Avengers film.

We already know people respond very well to Iron Man and Hulk. Thor and Captain will be period pieces, in WWII and Asgard. Worst case scenario if the idea of say Thor in Asgard did fail at the B.O., your not trying that again, your putting him in modern day w/ Avenegers and a fresh slate.

Also now they don't have the issue of how do you give all these characters backstories. I don't want to spend the first hour and a half of the film learing about the team w/ 20 mins of action. We will already know what drives all of them, and what brought them togeather. That means we get more time for them to bond togeather and become a proper team, and more room for equal action for everyone's favorite Avenger.

Imagine if DC does Justic League. Who the hell is Green Lantern? I mean I've heard of him, but I never read it, or Wonder Woman so I dunno what drives them, and I wouldn't care to learn one character after another w/ little or no action. Plus then when do they fight as a team? Its a movie about the team right?

DC Would have to spend alot of time giving each character a back story. If they don't people won't care. Also Batman isn't being played by Bale, so is it still that same Batman. Or is this a differant Batman w/ a differant back story? If thats the case, DC wants me to care about 2 Batman movies? No Thanks, I'll just stick w/ the regular ones.

I really think this will be the first movie of this kind, that truely does work, and it's because of Marvel's prep. I also have little doubt others will try to ride the wave, like DC w/ a Justic League film, but I think its Justice League that will fail.

Last edited:
I wouldnt quite call a $130,000,000 summer film that held #1 in the box office for all of one week an underdog success...especially one that failed to match receipts to the forgetable Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Ah well,we'll just wait and see on your Thor theory...but i wouldnt cross my fingers for Ant-man:p

PS...dont take this too seriously. Im still bitter at Marvel for the Spiderman Clone debacle...and Spidey 3...shudder...

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

Marvel?s Thor?a big hit? Well I suppose you hear something new every day. Hah! I pity the director that?s stuck with the Norse god. I?m almost completely convinced that Thor is an un-filmable character. They?re going to change too much to make the film work, but making it ultimately not enough like the comics. Either that or they?ll make it campy and too much like the comics. Just how much fantasy do you put in? It?s pretty damn difficult to a Norse god in New York city seriously, particularly when he?s spouting off Bard-like lyrics. So I give it up to the director of Thor, he?s got the hardest one to pull off.

Deckard

MaxPhactor23 said:
Marvel’s Thor…a big hit? Well I suppose you hear something new every day. Hah! I pity the director that’s stuck with the Norse god. I’m almost completely convinced that Thor is an un-filmable character. They’re going to change too much to make the film work, but making it ultimately not enough like the comics. Either that or they’ll make it campy and too much like the comics. Just how much fantasy do you put in? It’s pretty damn difficult to a Norse god in New York city seriously, particularly when he’s spouting off Bard-like lyrics. So I give it up to the director of Thor, he’s got the hardest one to pull off.

Thats why 90 percent of the film will take place in Asgard according to Marvel. They will most likely end it with him in modern day so he can join up with the Avengers.

Think of all the nutjob comic characters running, or flying around New York in the comics already. I would imagine if you lived in the Marvel Comics New York, you couldn't go more then 48 hrs w/o seeing Johnny Storm flying along the cityscape, or Spiderman swinging around above you, or some kind of abnormal superhuman thing. So why not Thor as part of a special team of superheroes.

And I guess what I mean when I said look at the success of Hulk is, maybe its not Number one, but I was expecting it to get hosed, I think after the Ang Lee, Eric Bana one, we all were. But he still did better then expected. Thats why I said I think Thor will be an Underdog success, maybe not number 1, but I think we could all be surprised at how successful it comes out. I'm thinking along the lines of God of War meets 300.

sandiegojones

Deckard said:
Think of all the nutjob comic characters running, or flying around New York in the comics already. I would imagine if you lived in the Marvel Comics New York, you couldn't go more then 48 hrs w/o seeing Johnny Storm flying along the cityscape, or Spiderman swinging around above you, or some kind of abnormal superhuman thing. So why not Thor as part of a special team of superheroes.
Yeah really. Why would you even be a criminal in "that" NYC? Spider-man, Daredevil, FF, Thor and even more. You'd trip over a hero leaving a restaurant.

Goonie

I finally got a chance to see Hulk today. I thought it was pretty good. What made the producers pick Bella Coola, BC as Banner's hideout at the end? Yes, Bella Coola is a real town/village, located on the coast between Vancouver Island and the Queen Charlotte Islands. The footage in the movie was actually filmed there.

TheMutt92

I saw it just recently as well and am looking forward to the nearly three hour DVD release! Hopefully they make another w/ everyone back and build well on the already established material (don't leave Sterns and Samson behind! I wanna see the Leader in the future somewhere!).

TheMutt92

agentsands77 said:
I'll pick it up. Not a fan of that cover art, though.

Yeah, I wish they had used the poster art. But the fact that its a 3-disc set basically guarantees that we'll be getting the 70 minutes of cut material promised a while back. (y)

The Man

Honestly, I'm nowhere near as keen about this movie now as when I first saw it. Maybe the three-hour jumbo cut will reignite the passion...