Im Sure Indy 5 Is Set For 2009!

|ZiR|

Well, I've been mulling the idea of someone else playing Indiana Jones around in my for the past couple of days and, while I still maintain that Ford is Indy; that any futher sequels without Ford would be an abomination, let's suppose for a moment that there were absolutely deadset on doing it, and Harrison (for whatever reason) would not be returning... I think Ed Quinn wouldn't be too poor a choice. Certainly, they could do WORSE.

He's an okay actor, plus he even sort of resembles Ford:

Nathan_Stark_1.jpg

And here's the most Indy-like one of all, which I've linked to for the sake of size.

I believe he could do a passable Indy. He was born in 1968, so he'd be about as old as Ford was during the first three films too. Ford was like, what, 38 in Raiders? Yeah.

In short, though I would hate to see another IJ movie without Harry, if I had to pick I'd choose Ed Quinn as his successor.

deckard24

Topher Grace? Salussolia, you've got to be kidding right?

ZiR, I never heard of Ed Quinn before. He kind of reminds me of Chris Cornell from Audioslave(formerly from Soundgarden). As for looks, he does have a bit of a Ford resemblance in the eyes and beard, but not so much the rest. He's also pretty damn tall. I looked him up on IMDB and he's listed at 6ft4. Indy wouldn't be much of an underdog anymore at that stature.

Hey Finn, how about Fillion? lol!!

|ZiR|

deckard24 said:
ZiR, I never heard of Ed Quinn before. He kind of reminds me of Chris Cornell from Audioslave(formerly from Soundgarden). As for looks, he does have a bit of a Ford resemblance in the eyes and beard, but not so much the rest. He's also pretty damn tall. I looked him up on IMDB and he's listed at 6ft4. Indy wouldn't be much of an underdog anymore at that stature.

Aw, nuts. I forgot about his height! He literally towers over the rest of the cast on Sci-Fi's Eureka. I do agree that Indy should be average-to-short. And yes, it's mostly the eyes and the beard that give him the Ford/IJ look, though looking like Ford isn't necessarily a prerequisite for the role-- simply a bonus.

Mmph. It's funny. I am actually a little upset by the fact that an actor who I thought would be good in a movie that probably will never exist (or even if it does come to pass, as if he'd really be given any consideration - they'd want a name), could be disqualified so easily for his height, of all things. And by funny, I mean horrendously pathetic. My God.

deckard24

Well don't be too discouraged yet, Tom selleck was almost Indy and he's nearly 6ft5!

As for Quinn, I'll have to check out Eureka or one of the other shows he's been on to see what you're talking about.

Some other guys who kind of have that similar rugged Indy look are James Tupper and Dylan Mcdermott. I agree the look is not really what counts, but most people picture Indy as a rugged everyman kind of guy.

MartyB

Mark my words, They will be 5 films with Harrison Ford as Indy. Speilberg, Lucas will fufill the contract they signed before Raiders. KOTCS will have a open ending.

scifiwolf

MartyB, I know how you feel. Fact is there will be nothing more with Indy. Frank Marshall has confirmed that Crystal Skull is it, and not Harrison, Shia, or anyone else will continue the franchise. Sorry bud.

TheLastCrusader

scifiwolf said:
MartyB, I know how you feel. Fact is there will be nothing more with Indy. Frank Marshall has confirmed that Crystal Skull is it, and not Harrison, Shia, or anyone else will continue the franchise. Sorry bud.
Yup, that's the truth. I'm happy with just this one more sequel.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
MartyB said:
Mark my words, They will be 5 films with Harrison Ford as Indy. Speilberg, Lucas will fufill the contract they signed before Raiders. KOTCS will have a open ending.

If you want to get technical, YIJC actually counts as the third sequel (prequel, whatever)... So KOTCS is the last one!

Grizzlor

Violet Indy said:
If you want to get technical, YIJC actually counts as the third sequel (prequel, whatever)... So KOTCS is the last one!

Not with Paramount, Young Indy was completely Lucas Film, no Paramount involved. I don't think there will be another film. The number one reason is how difficult it was to get this one off the ground. The principles are very busy. Had they made a film 6 or 7 or 8 years ago, there may have been a good chance of an encore around now.

Deckard

It's not going to happen. Look how long it took Harry / Steve / Lucas to agree on a script. Plus Steve isn't the sort of Director whos going to leave some cliffhanger. My advice is enjoy the hell out of Indy 4 while you can and stop getting your hopes up with speculation about 5.

I could sooner see a T.V. show coming. Animated series like the clone wars anyone?

Chris Jones

I would only want another sequel if it had Harrison Ford in it, unless it was a prequel to his younger years, which i would assume they would cast someone else. As for an Indy 5, well i would love to see it happen, but who knows. We will only know for sure if there is any more possibility to the chance once Indy 4 comes out. However it ends, it will gives us the biggest answer to our Indy 5 speculation.

And besides, if Indy 5 was coming, it wouldn't be released in 2009, usually sequels come 2 years after the original, so your probably wrong about that much of it already;) . I can only hope that you aren't wrong about :whip: Indy 5...

Adamwankenobi

Grizzlor said:
Not with Paramount, Young Indy was completely Lucas Film, no Paramount involved.

The re-edited Young Indy episodes have a Paramount logo in the opening, and the DVD boxes have the Paramount logo on them.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, and it always showed the Paramount logo at the end of each episode when it broadcasted. Part of the rights for Indy must lie with Paramount to some degree. Distribution, I would think. So I would think that counts, even if most fans didn't like the series.

Adolf Hitler

Adamwankenobi said:
The re-edited Young Indy episodes have a Paramount logo in the opening, and the DVD boxes have the Paramount logo on them.
This is a curious one as all Paramount TV products are now CBS/Paramount. For instance, the recent release of remastered Star Trek has the CBS logo all over it instead of Paramount, so I would say at a shot that it's Lucasfilm's property and Paramount on ever had/have distribution rights.

Adamwankenobi

Adolf Hitler said:
This is a curious one as all Paramount TV products are now CBS/Paramount. For instance, the recent release of remastered Star Trek has the CBS logo all over it instead of Paramount, so I would say at a shot that it's Lucasfilm's property and Paramount on ever had/have distribution rights.

I think it's the same situation as the Star Wars films and the relations between Lucasfilm/20th Century Fox. Lucasfilm creates and owns the productions, while Paramount distributes them. At the PALEY festival earlier in the year, Lucas mentioned that, at one point, he considered buying the rights to the YIJC series from Paramount so that he could speed up the creation of the DVDs. See link: http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/news20070309.html

chemeleon26

I am like most of you in the board.

I believe that the series should end with Indy 4. Going past this will most likely end with disappointment for us long time fans whatever combination of elements they choose to go with.

I'd much prefer an animated series in the style of Clone Wars -Genndy Tartakovsky style than another movie.

ReggieSnake

This is it folks. I mean, It has been confirmed, and I think another sequel would probably just be a dissapointment. Personally I'd like to see IJ go out with a glorious bang, not some slow desintegration at the hands of bad sequels.