Monsters University

TheMutt92

I know this is offtopic, but since its already been brought up...

When Toy Story 3 was in production at Disney (while they were in their dispute w/ Pixar) I was extremly worried: Toy Story 2 had more than adequately wrapped up the character's stories and I didn't trust Disney w/ carrying on Pixar's legacy. This all changed for me when everything turned around and Pixar started production again from scratch. I had my faith in the team restored, but I still wasn't sure whether or not they were beating a dead horse here.

Then I thought about Toy Story 2 again and the ambiguity it did in fact leave behind: Woody was content w/ Andy growing up, but eventually he and the other toys would have to deal w/ it. And therein lies the emotion center Pixar films thrives upon.

I can guarantee there will be a lot tears after people view Toy Story 3, not just because of the emotions in the film itself, but the realization that this story has gone on for nearly fifteen years... this is a film many people of my age group have grown up w/, and to see the potential heartbreak and joy that will ensue in the film's final minutes, it'll be like the chapter on our childhood's finally coming to a close. Just the music alone is enough to choke me up...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qQkjPIGJkcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qQkjPIGJkcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry to get all emotional, but I had to get it off my chest...

Back on topic though, as long as Pixar can find a good story and emotional center for Monsters Inc. 2, I can assure you it will live up to the standards we've come to expect from Pixar.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
I know and it's very, very sad.

The only films that need sequels are Monster's Inc., The Incredibles, Wall-E and Ratatouille.

Oh, and I think Bolt would do nicely if it had a television series.

It's not "sad". Considering the second Toy Story came out... some place in 2000 or 2001.

Bolt's not a Pixar movie, RC. It's part of Disney's animation... in the 3D line along with Chicken Little. Considering "Home on the Range" was Disney's "last" 2D animated film.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
. . .Considering "Home on the Range" was Disney's "last" 2D animated film.

Ah, that would be Disney's The Princess and Frog my friend.

BTW I'm sorry. I did not mean to include Bolt as a Pixar product. Please forgive me.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Ah, that would be Disney's The Princess and Frog my friend.

BTW I'm sorry. I did not mean to include Bolt as a Pixar product. Please forgive me.

The "last" was in quotes. Since I said that move before CHicken Little and Bolt.

TheMutt92

Images and plot synopsis from Circle 7's abandoned Monsters Inc. sequel...

http://www.slashfilm.com/unproduced-nonpixar-monsters-2/

The original Monsters, Inc., as you may recall, centered around two monsters named Mike and Sulley who befriend a little girl named Boo. Hilgenberg and Muir?s version of the sequel followed Mike and Sulley as they drop in on Boo?s room to wish her a happy birthday, only to find that she?s moved away. Once Mike and Sulley decide to look for her, they aren?t allowed to return to their homeland of Monstropolis until they find her.

Monsters-Inc-2.jpg

Monsters-Inc2.jpg

Monsters-Inc3.png

Monsters-Inc4.png

Monsters-Inc5.png

TheMutt92

Director, title announced...

http://www.slashfilm.com/dan-scanlon-direct-monsters-university/

Just two days ago the title of the Monsters, Inc. sequel (or prequel, as it really is) was revealed to be Monsters University. As far as we know, Billy Crystal and John Goodman will return to voice Mike and Sully, but this time we?ll see them as they train to scare kids.

Now ComingSoon has confirmed that Dan Scanlon, director of Cars short Mater and the Ghostlight and story artist on Cars and Toy Story 3, will direct the film. We don?t have any further details right now. Monsters University will arrive on November 2, 2012.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Pixar needs to reconsider this 'remake' sensation. Tellingly their stories are compelling. And while the trilogy certainly stands as one of the better ones...I want new visions (even if there are only THIRTY SIX stories out there), rehasing with the same characters just don't cut it....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Pixar needs to reconsider this 'remake' sensation. Tellingly their stories are compelling. And while the trilogy certainly stands as one of the better ones...I want new visions (even if there are only THIRTY SIX stories out there), rehasing with the same characters just don't cut it....

You and me both, brother.

TheMutt92

RedeemedChild said:
@TheMutt92, Where did you get that concept art from?

There's a link above them to slashfilm.com. I think the images were posted by the directors of the Circle7 version of the film.

Dr. Gonzo

So it appears "Monsters University" is basically
"Monsters Inc" with a "Revenge of the Nerds" plot.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYd_oHbkjPY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>