TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #51
Vance
IndyFan

Personally I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a trial as Shia LaBouf as this type of character, to see if he can play Indiana Jones himself in the later 1920's for the next film.

I've got nothing to base this on, mind you, but it does seem like there's some push in that direction, since it seems very unlikely Ford can pull off Indiana Jones again in a few years, and Lucas has already talked about the next couple of movies.

That's right, folks.. Shia LaBouf as Indy in a prequel trilogy. :P
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #52
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

[quote=Vance]Personally I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a trial as Shia LaBouf as this type of character, to see if he can play Indiana Jones himself in the later 1920's for the next film.

The 1920s???? How do they go back in time?

Ha! I knew Doctor Emmit Brown was involved!!!!!

I bet the crystal skull is just being used as fuel so Doc and Marty can go back to 1985
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #53
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
The 1920s???? How do they go back in time?

As in, Shia LaBouf playing Indiana Jones in movies set in the 1925 to 1929 period. Sheesh, gotta spell out everything around here?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #54
mapso
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVendetta17x
In order it for it to be an Indiana Jones movie you need Indiana Jones
Anything else would just be a spin-off

Agreed. It would also be a massive downer for the series to end with Jones' death (especially if, as is likely, he's just saved the world from Russian Communist domination). I honestly don't think Lucas or Spielberg would continue the series without Ford, so that doesn't concern me -- but I do worry that an Indy 5 would be more Mutt Williams and the Harrison Ford Cameo of Doom than an Indiana-led feature. If it takes Indy's death in KOTCS to prevent that, bring on the downer!
mapso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #55
The Man
IndyFan

Is it true that Lucas cut out the sequences of the older Indy when compiling the new DVDs for YILC?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #56
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

I don't think so...
What does that have to do with the topic?
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #57
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Is it true that Lucas cut out the sequences of the older Indy when compiling the new DVDs for YILC?
If you are talking about the Geoge Hall bookends, yes. They did keep the Harrison Ford bookends though by all accounts.

I think Harrison Ford is too synonymous with Indiana Jones for anyone else to play him. So, that being said and the choices given in this thread, I'd prefer to have Indy die than for another actor to play him post KotCS. A 20s prequel movie might be a different story.

I think I'd be open to the idea of another character in the same sort of role, such as Mutt, in "Raiders 5".
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #58
Snakes
IndyFan

I'd only EVER want to see Indy die if they did it in a really cool way. Indy has to die sometime, and if they ever revealed how, it should be in a really cool way. I think I'd probably rather see Indy 5 without Ford. But still, maybe Indy 5 without Ford would be done badly. I'd rather see a well done death than a poorly done sequel.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #59
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
As in, Shia LaBouf playing Indiana Jones in movies set in the 1925 to 1929 period. Sheesh, gotta spell out everything around here?
Why would Spielberg and Lucas cast LaBeouf (most likely playing Indy's kid) in KOTCS, which is set in the late 1950's, and then turn around and use him to play a young Indy set in the 1920's!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #60
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Why would Spielberg and Lucas cast LaBeouf (most likely playing Indy's kid) in KOTCS, which is set in the late 1950's, and then turn around and use him to play a young Indy set in the 1920's!

We ARE talking about the same man who thought "Jar Jar" and "Immaculate Conception for Jedi" were good ideas, right? :P
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #61
eroc
IndyFan

If they continue the series, I could see it being the Further Adventures Of The Jones Family with Shia as the lead and Harrison in a supporting role. Mutt is always calling Indiana on the phone saying, "Professor, er, dad, I'm at a dead end. What do I do?" Indiana rolling his eyes and saying, "Kids."

This of course hinges on whether Mutt is the son of Dr. Jones or not.
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:01 AM   #62
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Alright
If Indy dies then it's not Indy, however which way he dies
The death of Indy would be the death of the Franchise
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #63
RichardJones
IndyFan

I vote for Indy 5 with Indy
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 AM   #64
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

I don't think Harrison would be up for it
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #65
foreignerfred
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJones
I vote for Indy 5 with Indy

I think everyone involved with the franchise is just waiting to see how well the public welcomes an aging Indy. I also think we'll hear more substantial news after the film comes out and is a long-lasting success at the box office.

Waiting for a critical and financial reaction to their efforts it just good business... Though I'm eager to hear what the Beards are thinking for the future of the franchise as well.
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote