The Dark Knight Rises

sandiegojones

The Man said:
Jumping the gun...but in style...

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/08/14/fan-made-dark-knight-sequel-poster/

ridpost.jpg
Wow, looks like someone read all of the suggestions here. Mine being the real Zodiac killer (although other mentioned it) and my suggestion of having ???? tattoos instead of the green ??? suit. I like it.

No Ticket

sandiegojones said:
Wow, looks like someone read all of the suggestions here. Mine being the real Zodiac killer (although other mentioned it) and my suggestion of having ???? tattoos instead of the green ??? suit. I like it.

I gotta be honest. That's one of the best fan posters I've ever seen on the net. I'd think it were real if I didn't know for a fact that nobody has made any decisions on a sequel yet. Makes the Riddler look pretty interesting, although maybe too much like the Joker. But still.

The article said that it hints at another villain on the poster in the newspaper but I don't see it. Are they mistaking that the newspaper suggests Two-Face again? The article is just "remembering" Harvey One Year Later. I was looking for mention of the Penguin but I don't see it.

A+ Thumbs up to whoever made that though.

agentsands77

No Ticket said:
I gotta be honest. That's one of the best fan posters I've ever seen on the net. I'd think it were real if I didn't know for a fact that nobody has made any decisions on a sequel yet. Makes the Riddler look pretty interesting, although maybe too much like the Joker. But still.
Yeah. It's great. Indicative of the direction I'd like to see the third film take. And you're right that its only major problem is that the Riddler seems a bit too Joker-esque (it looks like the Joker's HaHaHa Times from the viral campaign), but the tattoos on the hands and the Zodiac-style notes... that's dead-on.

No Ticket said:
The article said that it hints at another villain on the poster in the newspaper but I don't see it.
The article says that it hints at another character, not necessarily a villain. And the person in question is Vicki Vale, who wrote one of the articles.

Pale Horse

Staff member
No Ticket said:
The article said that it hints at another villain on the poster in the newspaper but I don't see it.

That's because the answer is in the code...quite clever, albeit speculation.

QBComics

I like the poster, but I really hope it's not Riddler. Mabey a bad-ass Peinguin with a minor villain. (such as mabey Clayface or as No_Ticket suggested, Mad Hatter)

No Ticket

Pale Horse said:
That's because the answer is in the code...quite clever, albeit speculation.

Ohhhh ho ho... THAT is clever! Wow. Now Nolan won't wanna do this because someone already thought it out too well! haha.

agentsands77

Agent Spalko said:
God I hope it's not Riddler. He's Joker-lite. Joker VERY lite.
How so? The Riddler doesn't have to be much like the Joker. In fact, they're not really similar characters when you get down to it.

No Ticket

Looking at this poster, it makes me realize The Riddler probably would want to solve the puzzle of who the Batman is. And he'd probably use it against Bruce Wayne. (even though that kind of happened in Batman Forever already)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Study mathematics. Get a degree in either math or computer science, but study mathematics. Take math courses for math majors, not math courses for engineers. Learn how to think about mathematics; learn how to prove theorems. Try to take courses in number theory, complexity theory (often offered out of the computer science department), algorithms, statistics, and abstract algebra...

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Study mathematics. Get a degree in either math or computer science, but study mathematics. Take math courses for math majors, not math courses for engineers. Learn how to think about mathematics; learn how to prove theorems. Try to take courses in number theory, complexity theory (often offered out of the computer science department), algorithms, statistics, and abstract algebra...

I'm getting 's' to 't' and back to 's'. Hot or cold?

Crusade>Raiders

That didn't help at all :D

Anyway, amazing poster. I imagine the Riddler would be more like The Animated Series version. Very smart, maybe smarter than Batman. Leaves clues/riddles behind at crime scenes because of his narcissism. Maybe a little crazy, but not Joker's over-the-top maniacal laughter kind of way. I imagine he'd be more like John Doe from Se7en or something like that. Someone extremely intelligent but definitely twisted. The fact that he seems so calm and plans ahead would make him even scarier. He not one to fight Batman one-on-one, and always tries to be one step ahead since he analyzes his every move.

Which is why I thought Bane would be a great addition to. Not the dumbass version from Batman and Robin, but the guy who managed to make a plan that actually broke Batman, both mentally and psychically.

Bane-breaks-Batman-497pg21.png

He would be the brawn to Riddler's brain, a guy who wanted to prove his strength and destroy the Batman for sport. Someone who might be able to beat the Batman in a fist fight.

I really think that if Nolan makes a third Batman to end this trilogy in style, thats a direction they need to go in.

TheMutt92

That poster is incredible. But I don't like the idea of the title being "Dark Knight Returns" (yes, I know its fanmade and not the real thing). After going from all the "Batmans" to "The Dark Knight", I always thought it be cool if they decided to give Batman 3 a title like "The Long Halloween" or something (just an example). I mean, advertising wouldn't be a problem cause everyone would see Batman and co. splattered all over the posters and ads then. Just a thought (y)

The Dark Knight Returns is the most overrated comic ever. Carrie as Robin (ughhh) and old Batman drawn like he is on steroids. DK2 was absolutely atrocious.

Deckard

NEWSFLASH FOR ALL GEEKS - TWO-FACE = DEAD. Thats it. Hes dead. Deal with it. Hes not coming back I dont care how badly you want it, hes dead. You got that? Dead.

People who think the Joker and Riddler are too alike obviously aren't familiar with how Riddler has been written lately in the comics and graphic novels. They seem to only know the made up Tim Burton Riddler which is just Jim doing an over the top Gorshin impression

The real Riddler isn't all that hands on, hes not as in the open and laying down the law to the mafia crazy. He isn't trying to destroy the entire city to prove some point about the hopelessness of Gotham.

Joker is straight Looney Tunes. Maybe people didn't agree with Heath's look, but he nailed the Joker in the way he behaved.

Riddler is a genius and a whole differant kind of crazy. Hes far more reserved then Jims semi-retarded Mask impersination and for that matter then the Joker. Riddler is even more mysterious then Joker, he operates in the shadows, he uses his brain instead of rocket launchers and 18 wheelers.

Like I said alot before, Catwoman is sexy as hell but a bad idea, Two-Face and Penguin and Bane will not happen so don't get your hopes up. They aren't threatening enough to carry a sequel against Joker. Nolan already said no Catwoman, he isnt Sam Raimi and going to sumbit to some dumb fan pressure to ruin a sequel like Sam did with Venom.

Hush and Riddler. It will work, it can be as good as Joker, just as deadly, and a differant kind of feel. If you don't believe me go read Hush right now, go ahead Ill wait. If you really know Batman comics and the sources Nolan has drawn from, you cannot deny that with the situation Bats is in right now in the Nolan-verse(a criminal on the run trying to conceal his identity) these villains are perfect. Add Harvey Bullock and maybe Hugo Strange. Add the new Batcave and new Batmobile. Dark Knight can be topped, maybe not in ticket sales, but in quality. "You'll see, I'll show you."