The Dark Knight Rises

Pale Horse

Staff member
TheMutt92 said:
None of these castings rumors are true cause no one has even talked to Chris Nolan about the script.

I hate it when a joker gets missed:

Matthew Lesko

photo.matthew_lesko.gif

No Ticket

TheMutt92 said:
None of these castings rumors are true cause no one has even talked to Chris Nolan about the script.

Yeah, Nolan isn't even thinking about it right now. He is taking a break. I imagine he'll begin actually working on it next year if he can come up with an idea that would make a third entry worthwhile.

Deckard said:
NEWSFLASH FOR ALL GEEKS - TWO-FACE = DEAD. Thats it. Hes dead. Deal with it. Hes not coming back I dont care how badly you want it, hes dead. You got that? Dead.

People who think the Joker and Riddler are too alike obviously aren't familiar with how Riddler has been written lately in the comics and graphic novels. They seem to only know the made up Tim Burton Riddler which is just Jim doing an over the top Gorshin impression

The real Riddler isn't all that hands on, hes not as in the open and laying down the law to the mafia crazy. He isn't trying to destroy the entire city to prove some point about the hopelessness of Gotham.

Joker is straight Looney Tunes. Maybe people didn't agree with Heath's look, but he nailed the Joker in the way he behaved.

Riddler is a genius and a whole differant kind of crazy. Hes far more reserved then Jims semi-retarded Mask impersination and for that matter then the Joker. Riddler is even more mysterious then Joker, he operates in the shadows, he uses his brain instead of rocket launchers and 18 wheelers.

Like I said alot before, Catwoman is sexy as hell but a bad idea, Two-Face and Penguin and Bane will not happen so don't get your hopes up. They aren't threatening enough to carry a sequel against Joker. Nolan already said no Catwoman, he isnt Sam Raimi and going to sumbit to some dumb fan pressure to ruin a sequel like Sam did with Venom.

Hush and Riddler. It will work, it can be as good as Joker, just as deadly, and a differant kind of feel. If you don't believe me go read Hush right now, go ahead Ill wait. If you really know Batman comics and the sources Nolan has drawn from, you cannot deny that with the situation Bats is in right now in the Nolan-verse(a criminal on the run trying to conceal his identity) these villains are perfect. Add Harvey Bullock and maybe Hugo Strange. Add the new Batcave and new Batmobile. Dark Knight can be topped, maybe not in ticket sales, but in quality. "You'll see, I'll show you."

I just picked up Hush because of this post. I'm halfway through the arc...

What are you retarded? Are you dense or something? This ain't the goddamn Batman!

UGH! Goddamn Super-dog? Really? And a new ****ing villain introduced every page it seems; this thing is a bloody mess of confused mythologies and the summer blockbuster, bigger is better syndrome. Ugh. And the real tragedy of all of this is that the artwork is absolutely beautiful. Damn shame the story is such an unmitigated mess.

...I will finish it because I've started it. But it brings me no joy. This is one of the worst comic arcs I've ever had the displeasure to read. Truly awful.

Niteshade007

I like Marion Cottiliard as Catwoman, but I prefer Rhona Mitra. I've started to think that she would be perfect.

Really nicely done, however. Not wild about the idea of Harley Quinn, but, since it isn't real, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Goonie

I know it's not the official title, but I think Gotham City is a good title for Batman 3 (or is that 7?).

The Man

Niteshade007 said:
I like Marion Cottiliard as Catwoman, but I prefer Rhona Mitra. I've started to think that she would be perfect.

Miaow, indeed...

RhonaMitra.jpg

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/movies/index.ssf/2008/08/cher_as_catwoman.html

The folks over at CinemaBlend.com came across an article by The Daily Telegraph claiming Warner Bros. is eyeing Cher as Michelle Pfeiffer's successor and the next to don Catwoman's infamous leather catsuit for the "The Dark Knight" sequel.

large_cher.jpg

"If I could turn back time..."

Niteshade007

Wow.

Cher? As Catwoman...different. And a terrible idea.

But hey, new Batman movie in three years is exciting. I hope that the quality doesn't suffer trying to meet that deadline. But, hey, we can't all have 19 years to perfect a movie.

Niteshade007

You actually think it's a good idea, The Man?

I can MAYBE see "a vamp in her twilight years." Maybe. But Cher? Not that I hate her, but she's just not what people are expecting. I think ultimately people will be disappointed.

A lot of people at first were opposed to Ledger playing the Joker. After some pictures came out, people complained about the costume not being right. But, from what I gather, Ledger stayed true to the essence of the Joker. He stayed true to the comic book character.

Now, perhaps there is a comic about Catwoman when she's older, but is it really what the summer flick crowd wants to see? The film's sex symbol being played by an aging singer/star? It'll disappoint. I mean, come one, people didn't think Gyllenhaal was cute enough to play the love interest, can you imagine the reaction to Cher?

Niteshade007

Yeah, I don't believe it all, but I do think it's interesting who they come up with. Honestly, I never would have guessed Cher.

The Man

Niteshade007 said:
Yeah, I don't believe it all, but I do think it's interesting who they come up with. Honestly, I never would have guessed Cher.

Now, if Lena Olin was mentioned for an older Catwoman...

055.jpg

"Purrfect..."

The Man

Agent Spalko said:
Cher looks younger than her and she's gotta be what, 20 years younger than Cher? Get her to a botox clinic STAT.

I think Lena must be in her mid-fifties by now.

The Man

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20080827/dark-knight-sequel-warner-waiting-for-nolans-story/

Warner are waiting for Christopher Nolan to come up with a story and a plan, but the studio have said that he is taking a well deserved break and is on vacation.

Charles Rovan, producer of The Dark Knight has said ?he comes back; we will see how he feels.? Until Nolan returns we will just have to read all the rumors as to what the story will be as well as who the cast will be.

So there; all rumours be damned.

DIrishB

The Cher as Catwoman rumor is the stupidest ****ing thing I've heard in a long time. If that were to end up happening (which it won't, but if it did), I won't be able to tell if the weird creaking sound is coming from Catwoman's leather costume or Cher's creaky old hip joints.

Seriously, just because Cher is a "cougar", she shouldn't even be considered for Catwoman (rumor or not). Stupid.

Goodsport

Agent Spalko said:
Cher looks younger than her and she's gotta be what, 20 years younger than Cher? Get her to a botox clinic STAT.

Dollars to donuts that Cher had already beaten her to the botox clinic. :eek:

-G