2008 NFL trash talk

roundshort

With 2 games ot be played tonight, I think it is time to start talking trash about how looks good and how deos not!

Team of the week - Steelers. They were supposed to be killed by the Texan's pass rush due to our lack of an O-Line. Well 3 passing T.D.'s and only 2 sacks, not bad! Our D looked mean! BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, they only beat Houston, even though a trendy pick, still suck.

Worst team of the week- The Browns, OUCH, somethings never change. But, maybe they needed a week to get better. We will see what happens next week.

Honorable mention, the EAGLES, wow, they looked good, but they only beat the Rams, the one team worse than the Texans.

Big surprise for me, how sloppy the Jets big dollar ALL-Pro O-line looked. They need to take better care of Brett (almost 39) or he will end up like Brady!

Ska

I was extremely happy with the Steelers yesterday, but like you said, it was only the Texans.

(y)

I was most suprised with Buffalo scoring as much as they did. They looked pretty good in preseason also.

San Holo

What's up with Brady, that little candy@$$ ....out for the season? Buck up cupcake, and earn that 60 mil:p

Oh, and on a side note Dallas is now favored 4-1 to win the Super Bowl!

Last edited:

roundshort

Buff looks great, and so does Dallas, but that was the Browns they beat.

Buf looked really sharp. I also think the Ravens will be contenders.

indifan101

Take That Brett Favre!

Aaron Rodgers was spectacular in his debeut tonight for the Packers and they open up the season with a win! Look out NFC north Green Bay's back in the huddle! GO PACK GO!:D (y)

indifan101

Take That Brett Favre!

Aaron Rodgers was spectacular in his debeut tonight for the Packers and they open up the season with a win! Look out NFC north Green Bay's back in the huddle! GO PACK GO!:D (y)

roundshort

We have a season! Both Teams did what needed to be done. We expected the Broncos to Kill the raiders, and they did in a BIG way! Go Jay!

The Pack did a nice job of taking care of a very overrated Vikings! Was a little close at the end, but a good passing of the torch!

This is shaping up to be one of the best NFL seasons yet!

GO STILLERS!

Joe Brody

The Browns have no Secondary and lack the LB's to play the 3-4. Let's see what transpires on the mistake-on-the-lake.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
The Browns have no Secondary and lack the LB's to play the 3-4. Let's see what transpires on the mistake-on-the-lake.

I hope, I really hope, just so thier pass rush is not that great

muttjones

Choose from a variety of insults:

Does that shirt come in mens?
Does your face come in mens?
Does your mum come in mens?

:p :p

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I hope, I really hope, just so thier pass rush is not that great

You can't trash talk against the browns, now. COME ON??!?! They're worse then the Raiders. Stolen lollipops have no flavor when they're given to you.

Ska

brownssuck.jpg

roundshort

SKAbatula said:

MAYBE, the worst coaching, in the history of Coaching. I need to know is how much the Steelers are paying Romeo?

And, Pale, how much are the Broncos paying the Refs?

Another fun week in NFL. We see again that Ohio is the Armpit of football, Bengals - loss, Browns - Loss, OSU, wow that hurt!

I even think USC could beat the Bengals and Browns

Garfoot

Huge Steeler fan since 1979. They looked okay against the Browns, and great against the Texans, but the first test will come this sunday at the
Eagles. Having the hardest schedule in the NFL this year they are off to a great start, but have to keep it up. They should win the north, and at least make the playoffs as the 3 seed.

The Patriots without Brady are still a tough out, the Colts will come back and I believe the Chargers and Broncos will be there also. It's shaping up to be a strange season already. Hope big Ben will hold up with that shoulder injury he has. I'm hoping after this year the Steelers will get their 6th title and again be alone at the top with 6 Superbowl rings. But this will be a tough year, and we'll have to see what happens.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ska

Did anyone catch Ben's post game interview with Andrea Kramer?

That **** cracked me up!

For those that didn't:
Andrea: "How is your separated shoulder holding up?"
Ben: "My offensive line played great today."
Andrea: "I noticed you decided not to answer the question about the shoulder ."
Ben: "Yeah, Willie Parker ran the ball really well at the end of the game and the offensive line did a great job."
Andrea: "OK I'll ask a final time. How is your shoulder holding up?"
Ben: "Oh look, I think some of those guys from the o line are waiting on me."

Then Ben jogs off camera, and she interviews Willie Parker (and asks him about Ben's shoulder).

I lol'ed.

roundshort

Ben is too much! I love when he throws under 20 times and FWP gets 100+ (and last weeks 100+ were hard up the middle yards, who says he is soft?).

I am worried about his shoulder. I noticed we have nto used our bread and butter play to Holmes though. The Iggles look like they have a really dynamic offensive, but their D is a bit suspect. If the Cowboys (who still look like the class of the NFL) didn't give them 2 TD's, the game would have been much different.

Next week will be very tough.

Rayder

Awhh, the rams lost again, what a surprise, you know I can't believe i got my hopes up for this season. They need a major overhall, get rid of everyone except for Chris Long. That might make the team not suck so much. Heck, I bet an all rookie team could take on the Rams.
That Cowboys and Eagles game was good though, eagle could've won if it weren't for that stupid rookie
oh well, maybe the rams will win next game, and pull a giants and get on a roll and go to the super bowl... there is always hope, right?