Best Villain Moment

Col. Detritch

Since KotCS doesn't seem to have as many villainous moments as the originals I thought I'd mention the manner in which Mac betrayed Indy. I rather like the way Spielberg filmed and stage light guys lit that scene. It was pretty well done. And on a similar note of betrayal I like the shared grin on Elsa and Vogel’s faces when Elsa is revealed as a Nazi. :hat:

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch said:
Since KotCS doesn't seem to have as many villainous moments as the originals...

For a villainous moment in KOTCS we probably have to go to the deleted scene of Spalko relating how they monitored a mother rabbit for psychic reactions as they killed her young one by one in a submerged submarine. (Which was based on an actual Soviet experiment).

Last edited:

AnythingGoes

Montana Smith said:
For a villainous moment in KOTCS we probably have to go to the deleted scene of Spalko relating how they monitored a mother rabbit for psychic reactions as they killed her young one by one in a submerged submarine. (Which was based on an actual Soviet experiment).
You're right, that is pretty sadistic! If that HAD been in the film, maybe we could've taken Irina more seriously!
:whip:

Montana Smith

AnythingGoes said:
You're right, that is pretty sadistic! If that HAD been in the film, maybe we could've taken Irina more seriously!
:whip:

Irina should have been more villainous...like Ilsa:

ilsa_tigress_of_siberia_poster_01.jpg

Col. Detritch

Looks like the Tigress spent all her time on evil and forgot to wear a bra!:p

I reckon Irina was on the cusp of being evil and I think David Koepp gets too much crap over this movie when a portion of his best scenes where cut. Sure it wasn't the perfect movie (like any) but some of those extra scenes would have added just that little bit more to the movie.

I liked the deleted scene where Mac tested Irina's physic abilities in the back of the truck. It would have made a fine character development scene and gave plenty of chances for Irina to show her true colours.:hat:

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch said:
Looks like the Tigress spent all her time on evil and forgot to wear a bra!:p

And sometimes she forgot to wear even that much.

Col. Detritch said:
I reckon Irina was on the cusp of being evil and I think David Koepp gets too much crap over this movie when a portion of his best scenes where cut. Sure it wasn't the perfect movie (like any) but some of those extra scenes would have added just that little bit more to the movie.

I liked the deleted scene where Mac tested Irina's physic abilities in the back of the truck. It would have made a fine character development scene and gave plenty of chances for Irina to show her true colours.:hat:

The deleted scenes were good ones. Irina had so much potential, just as the rest of the film had so much potential. Yet, for some reason they held back, and lost direction. She could have been the perfect villain.

As it stands the Fire Ants get the most horrific villainous act, in carrying off Dovchenko. But a villain taking on another villain doesn't have the same impact.

michael

Without a doubt it's when Donovan says the words: "You know something, Dr. Jones, you're absolutely right." And shoots Henry Sr.

It's super cold and EXACTLY what needed to be done for him to obtain the grail.

Amazing writing.

michael

DiscoLad said:
Yeah thats because nothing worth mentioning stuck out of KotCS
From a villains standpoint, I can sorta agree. But there are a few GREAT things from that movie.

kongisking

I thought this was incredibly disturbing when seeing TOD for the first time as a kid:

"You...don't believe me? You will, Doctor Jones...[raises head in a demonic grin] You will become, a true beleeeever!"

And then this, especially what happens directly after:

"You...don't...dare do thaaaat... [says something in Thugee language]" Terrifying to a little kid. And then Indy and Shorty both get whipped. Horrifying, heartbreaking, and epically evil.

"Leave him alone, you bastards!" I still want to cry in despair every time I watch that moment.