What are your favorite Funny moments in the films?

Dr._Jones_Jr.

I love the scene when Belloq leaves indy for dead "Maybe in a thousand years Dr. Jones,even you might be worth something." "Hahahaaaaasonuvab!tch." Or when in raiders when they truck hits the scafoling and the one villager is on the truck's windshield and just has that opened mouthed holy cow look, then Indy and the driver look at eachother and laugh. Of course theres "The floors on fire....and the chair." "...Well thank you it was quite wonderful." Ect ect. List some that you guys love.

Oh yeah and when Marion thinks Indy has a snake on him and its just his whip so she burns him. "Owwwww Geezus!"

Ok ok one more. I get a huge kick out of Toht screaming and then his face melting. It is funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can give one or two from each movie:

My favorite in Raiders is when Indy and Sallah are looking down into the Well of Souls and Sallah says "Asps. Very dangerous. You go first." Great delivery on that line.

I love the interaction between Indy and Short Round when they're playing poker. Accusing one another of cheating, arguing, and in the end smiling with one another. Whether you like Temple or not I think you have to admit that the relationship between Indy and Short Round provided some of the better moments in the movies, both comedic and otherwise. I also like when they're in the mine car with Indy about to hit the switch track, and he yells "Shortcut" and Shorty goes "Yes, Indy?" Then Indy yells "ShortCUT!" I just like how that's kind of thrown into the middle of a huge frenetic action sequence.

In Last Crusade, I think my favorite funny moment is the whole scene where the Nazis bust into Henry Sr's room when Indy's trying to rescue him, with the whole "I should have mailed it to the Marx brothers" and "I told you...don't call me Junior!" thing.

And while I thought a lot of the humor in KOTCS was too forced, for some reason I love this one line: after Indy blows up the jungle cutter, Ox just says "Henry Jones...Jr." There's just something about the way he says it that I think is hilarious.

indyclone25

Lord McDonald said:
"She talksh in her shleep!"

That brilliant little grin he gives his son as he says it.:D

that would be mine also--- he has the sheepish grin like lambert the sheepish lion from that disney cartoon short

michael

Raiders:
-I always get a kick out of Toht when he talks, the clothes hanger scene is brilliant, I also love how he's just like "wtf" when Indy points the the rpg at them, the "oh great, him again" attitude. And when he screams!
-Also the "son of a b*tch" comment and the villager on the windshield as previously mentioned.

Temple of Doom:
-You call him Dr. Jones, DOLL!
-The poker scene always makes me smile, YOU CHEAT DR. JONES, YOU CHEAT! oh they were stuck together, it was a mistake, IT WAS A MISTAKE!
-When Short Round runs away from the dancers, i do end up laughing out loud to that and the "maybe he like older woman" comment. Short Round owns basically.
-Giant Thuggee walks up to Indy. Indy: "Hi." Haha, love it.

Last Crusade:
-"Who, Professor Attila? He was never giddy, even when he was a school boy." Love that line.
-And I always get a kick out of Indy's expression in this scene
177.jpg

Last edited:

Dr._Jones_Jr.

michael said:
Raiders:
-I always get a kick out of Toht when he talks, the clothes hanger scene is brilliant, I also love how he's just like "wtf" when Indy points the the rpg at them, the "oh great, him again" attitude. And when he screams!
-Also the "son of a b*tch" comment and the villager on the windshield as previously mentioned.

Temple of Doom:
-You call him Dr. Jones, DOLL!
-The poker scene always makes me smile, YOU CHEAT DR. JONES, YOU CHEAT! oh they were stuck together, it was a mistake, IT WAS A MISTAKE!
-When Short Round runs away from the dancers, i do end up laughing out loud to that and the "maybe he like older woman" comment. Short Round owns basically.
-Giant Thuggee walks up to Indy. Indy: "Hi." Haha, love it.

Last Crusade:
-"Who, Professor Attila? He was never giddy, even when he was a school boy." Love that line.
-And I always get a kick out of Indy's expression in this scene
177.jpg

"You Dolt! You honestly think my son brought it here?" and of course theres Indy with that uhoh smile. I also got a kick out of when Indy is driving the truck in Raiders and he gives this little mini nudge and he starts smiling, then the next shot you just see this motorcycle flipping around. Raiders is hilarious. So many funny parts in it.

Indy's brother

The part in Doom's Obi-Wan, when Indy rushes onto the dance floor, is blocked by the chorus line, and does his little swaying dance in an effort to get past them. Makes me chuckle every time.

Bvance

robisindy said:
I love this one line: after Indy blows up the jungle cutter, Ox just says "Henry Jones...Jr." There's just something about the way he says it that I think is hilarious.

While not my favorite either, I grinned from ear to ear when Oxley says this. It's like he's thinking, "Oh, someone just blew the @#$% out of that jungle cutter, it must be Henry Jones,...Jr.!" Like it's Indy's trademark to do that sort of thing.

Bvance

Coincidently, I posted this as my favorite boody trap scene, but after thinking about it for awhile; my favorite funny scene is Indy and Willie's dialogue during the spike room scene in TOD.

Th_WeAreGoingToDie.gif

I love it, and I die laughing every time I see it!

Oh ya, Short Round's dialogue too!

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Gustav said:
"Look what you did! I can't believe what you did!"

Yeah I love this quote!!! Henry Sr. is fantastic. "Those people are trying to kill us! It's a new expierence for me."

Henry Jr. "Happens to me all the time."

That we are going to die is priceless! "Theres two dead people out here!!!" "theres going to be two dead people in here too if you don't hurry!"

"He chose...poorly." I get a kick out of that. Just so calm as this dude turns into a human corpse within seconds infront of them.

How about this one:Mutt:"You're....a teacher?!"

Henry Jr.:"Part time."

Dr.Sartorius

Raiders:

Belloq: "What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a
permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years,
even you may be worth something."

Indy: "Hahaha....Son of a *****."

Temple of Doom:

Indy on the rope bridge: "Ahh ****".

Last Crusade:

Professor Jones: "Those people are trying to kill us."

Indy: "I know, Dad!"

Professor Jones: "Its a new experience for me".

Indy: "Happens to me all the time".

Indy 4:

Indy: "I need a compass. Compass! You know! North, South, East!

Mac: "West".

Benraianajones

One is when Willie says "Oh God what is this?" as she steps thru the bugs. It makes me laugh how she drags out the "this?" word.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Benraianajones said:
One is when Willie says "Oh God what is this?" as she steps thru the bugs. It makes me laugh how she drags out the "this?" word.

She had a few funny parts but her endless screaming and moaning made me feel like i was doing a chore just watching that movie. "...And I hate yahooooo!" "Good! Good!"