Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DocWhiskey said:
You know, now that I'm over the initial shock that this isn't on next gen consoles, this game is sounding great so far. I just wish someone would mention PS2. For some reason I'm paranoid and think that SoK will not be released for it.

I agree. Outside of the disappointing graphics, this sounds good.

As for the PS2, it is part of the official announcement from Lucasarts, so it is definitely coming out on PS2. I would like to see some PS2 specific details, though. Special features, screenshots, etc. Hopefully we'll see some of that soon.

DocWhiskey

Is anyone getting a big Temple of Doom vibe from this game?

The torn shirt, piloting a plane towards the beginning of the game, Lao Che being mentioned, levels taking place in Shang hi.

Hopefully it's as fun playing it as watching ToD*.

*To ToD Haters: insert "Raiders" in that space. DocWhiskey is your friend.

tocksic

By request of indyjones.net / The Tingler I have redone my SoK cover mockup:

wii2xq8.jpg

DocWhiskey said:
Is anyone getting a big Temple of Doom vibe from this game?

The torn shirt, piloting a plane towards the beginning of the game, Lao Che being mentioned, levels taking place in Shang hi.

Hopefully it's as fun playing it as watching ToD*.

*To ToD Haters: insert "Raiders" in that space. DocWhiskey is your friend.

Yeah, this game really does have a Temple of Doom vibe so far. Even riding an elephant connects the two.

I know others have said it, but it's true: Temple of Doom would have made a great video game - the movie was just one action scene after another. Not that I don't still have fun playing the old NES and SNES games on my Treo, but a more modern game based entirely on that movie could be really cool.

I'm getting more and more excited about the game. Now the last couple of months of waiting are going to be, in the words of Henry Jones Sr, "intolerable!"

Irfaan

tocksic said:
By request of indyjones.net / The Tingler I have redone my SoK cover mockup

Excellent! Love it!

Is it possible for you to do a PSP and Xbox 360 version of this? I want to print and use this cover instead.

Oh, and could you redo you old cover for PSP and Xbox 360 again without the "voice acting by Harrison Ford" part?

Thanks! I would really appreciate this!

RedeemedChild

The trailer for Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is now available on the Nintendo Channel on the Wii. In order to access the Nintendo Channel you must download it from the Wii Shop Channel which comes pre-installed on the Wii system.

DocWhiskey

New trailer or the old one just released on the Wii channel?

Beautiful cover btw tocksic. Guarantee the official one won't be as good.Seriously. When the official one is released remember DocWhiskey's words "Yours will be better."

Irfaan

DocWhiskey said:

Beautiful cover btw tocksic. Guarantee the official one won't be as good.Seriously. When the official one is released remember DocWhiskey's words "Yours will be better."

Ditto!

I just finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed! I thought it was fantastic!

But something happend to me. For some reason, I'm not that desperate for a next-gen Indy game. Maybe because I already finished another game and all but I feel like I got over it coming for next gen, and just glad I can play and enjoy the new storyline and everything for the PSP instead.

Don't get me wrong I didn't bash this game just because it was on the last-gen consoles, but I did feel very dissapointed. I don't anymore. I think I can definitely look past the graphics for it on the PSP, and just enjoy the damn game full stop. :)

When there will be a different Indy game on Xbox 360/PS3 or whatever, and I'll just enjoy that version then. What we got right now was a damn good alternative, and I don't think a current gen version would be that different than a last gen. Seriously, after the force unleashed I liked all the technological effects and all but it's not needed to make a great game at all (personally, I think it's really over-rated).

I bet the last gen/current gen versions aren't that different of the force unleashed and I was right! I just tried the PSP version and i must say the technologies for PS3/Xbox 360 improve but they don't make or break the game at all.

I'm just going to really look forward to the PSP version of SoK, and unless it really really below par and doesn't improve to ET then I will be really really REALLY dissapointed. :( Let's hope this games good! :D

Irfaan

The Tingler said:
Brilliant cover 'sic! I think I'll use this one instead.

You don't even know what the real cover looks like yet!

I don't care! I want his cover, it's brilliant! :p

tocksic

Irfaan said:
Ditto!

I just finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed! I thought it was fantastic!

But something happend to me. For some reason, I'm not that desperate for a next-gen Indy game. Maybe because I already finished another game and all but I feel like I got over it coming for next gen, and just glad I can play and enjoy the new storyline and everything for the PSP instead.

Don't get me wrong I didn't bash this game just because it was on the last-gen consoles, but I did feel very dissapointed. I don't anymore. I think I can definitely look past the graphics for it on the PSP, and just enjoy the damn game full stop. :)

When there will be a different Indy game on Xbox 360/PS3 or whatever, and I'll just enjoy that version then. What we got right now was a damn good alternative, and I don't think a current gen version would be that different than a last gen. Seriously, after the force unleashed I liked all the technological effects and all but it's not needed to make a great game at all (personally, I think it's really over-rated).

I bet the last gen/current gen versions aren't that different of the force unleashed and I was right! I just tried the PSP version and i must say the technologies for PS3/Xbox 360 improve but they don't make or break the game at all.

I'm just going to really look forward to the PSP version of SoK, and unless it really really below par and doesn't improve to ET then I will be really really REALLY dissapointed. :( Let's hope this games good! :D

I also calmed down a little bit about the graphics. But there is still so much fear this game could be poor. And the reason is the developer A2M. Their portfolio is just .... poor. I mean they are in the business for 10 years now and only developed shallow trash. (n)

indyjones2131

DocWhiskey said:

I assume this is the old pre-rendered trailer then?

Morning Bell

The trailer on the Nintendo channel is the same pre-rendered one that we've already seen. However, it still looks good and gives a good impression of what the Wii version will hopefully look like. Here are some details listed with it:

Launch Date: Coming Spring 2009

Number of Players: 1-4

The Tingler

Morning Bell said:
The trailer on the Nintendo channel is the same pre-rendered one that we've already seen. However, it still looks good and gives a good impression of what the Wii version will hopefully look like. Here are some details listed with it:

Launch Date: Coming Spring 2009

Number of Players: 1-4
... which we already know. :p

It's not on the European Nintendo Channel yet, unfortunately. They've always hated us...

Morning Bell

The Tingler said:
... which we already know. :p

It's not on the European Nintendo Channel yet, unfortunately. They've always hated us...

Yeah, there's really nothing new but at least they've advertising it, which is better than nothing.:whip:

Perhilion

indyjones2131 said:
Found this!

Cover Story: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The game, titled Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, was rumored to be on the cover when the teaser was revealed last issue. The game retains its classic roots and features plenty of action and a story that would be fit for a movie that focuses on the biblical item. Some of the news revealed includes:
Hold the B button and swing the Wii Remote to use Indiana Jones' whip. The whip is used for smashing obstacles, swinging over pits or grasping onto objects.
Gestures include right and left jabs, hooks and uppercuts. The attack will be determined by the player's own gestures with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.
A is used to dodge, while B is used to counterattack. Z is used to grapple.
Indiana Jones can take advantage of his surroundings. He can use various different items that are simply laying around.
Indiana Jones will travel the entire world, from locations such as California, Central America, Istanbul, and Nepal.
The game takes place after the third film in 1939.
The game's villain is Magnus Voller.
Near the beginning of the game the player will have to control a plane, doing so by holding the WIi Remote upright and using it to steer. The b button is used to shoot. Other vehicles in the game include boats and motorcycles.
The Havok engine will be used to add a sense of unpredictability.
Maggie O'Malley plays the role of leading lady.
A cooperative mode is present, though LucasArts didn't reveal who the second playable character is, albeit it is someone from the series' past, and someone who all Indy fans will recognize.
The game will include a multitude of unlockable content from movie trailers, concept art, to alternate costumes and skins for Indiana Jones, as well as a classic Indiana Jones video game as well.
A Nintendo DS version of the game is also in the works, though virtually nothing is known about it.

Glad to hear they are using Havok.
This sounds great! Makes me wish I had a Wii, just for the controls!(y)