The X-Files

Rezzo

And the title is...

IESB said:
X-Files 2 Gets a Title

The first movie was entitled "X-Files: Fight the Future" and it was just a matter of time before the new sequel got its subtitle!

A few days ago, it was reported on Sci-Fi wire that the reason that the film hadn't received its subtitle yet was because 20th Century Fox and director Chris Carter couldn't agree on one. Chris Carter is quoted saying, "I can't tell you [what it is]," Carter said in response to a question during the Paley Festival in Los Angles. "Because I don't know, really. I know what I want it to be, but Fox has ideas of their own. And I know what it should be."

Well folks, we've been informed of the names both camps were vying for. The head honchos at Fox wanted "X-Files: Curse of the Werepeople" but Chris Carter was holding out for "X-Files: Full Moon Rising."

Sources close to the production are saying Carter has won, the new movie will be called X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

Yep, you heard right, X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

This goes along with what has been reported by the filmmakers, this film is intended to be a stand alone monster movie of the week.

We have confirmed with our Fox rep who gave us this quote from Chris Carter, "I've been quite excited about this story for quite some time and I have had it for a better part of two decades. I am sure X-Files fans everywhere will be excited to see my vision of merging Paul Schrader's Cat People and John Landis' An American Werewolf in London."

Michael24

I'm gonna wait awhile. This could be an early April Fool's Day joke.

I remember there was a pic last year just after shooting began that showed an actor in a werewolf costume, which was later disputed by Carter and/or the studio.

RelicHunter

Thanks for the information. I will reserve my judgement to see if this is the real title or not. I agree could be a April Fools Joke.

Rezzo

Michael24 said:
I'm gonna wait awhile. This could be an early April Fool's Day joke.

I remember there was a pic last year just after shooting began that showed an actor in a werewolf costume, which was later disputed by Carter and/or the studio.

It´s just a joke, it was an early April Fools. :p

eroc

I want to believe that they would let the X-Files die. Wasn't the first movie quite bad?

|ZiR|

eroc said:
I want to believe that they would let the X-Files die. Wasn't the first movie quite bad?

It was pretty awful. I tried watching it online yesterday and I found myself losing interest. Couldn't even finish it.

But this one's supposed to be more of a monster-of-the-week deal than an alien conspiracy story, so there might be hope.

Iandiana

I want to believe I'll get my £15 back from the movie I bought with the tagline "Gillian Anderson NAKED: The truth is in there".

I was a kid at the time and in love with her but my money was wasted. She still is beautiful but I'm older and wiser now.

Agent Z

I don't know if I would consider the first X-Files movie "awful", but that's what comes with internet hyperbole. It was a decent film, nothing great, but it told a story and told it well in a competent fashion. Of course, in true C.C. fashion, it wrapped up none of the storylines....

As for the sequel's new title: wow, that's pretty bad......

|ZiR|

!!! BREAKING NEWS !!!

Supposed synopsis (from the back of the novelization) has leaked!

"Mulder and Scully are back in the thrilling novelization of the summer 2008 blockbuster movie based on the classic X-Files TV show! When a group of women are abducted in the wintry hills of rural Virginia, the only clues to their disappearance are the grotesque human remains that begin to turn up in snow banks along the highway. With officials desperate for any lead, a disgraced priest?s questionable ?visions? send local police on a wild goose chase and straight to a bizarre secret medical experiment that may or may not be connected to the women?s disappearance. It?s a case right out of The X-Files. But the FBI closed down its investigations into the paranormal years ago. And the best team for the job is ex-agents Fox Mulder and Dr. Dana Scully, who have no desire to revisit their dark past. Still, the truth of these horrific crimes is out there somewhere...and it will take Mulder and Scully to find it!"

Sounds cool. If it's true, that is.

RelicHunter

|ZiR| said:
!!! BREAKING NEWS !!!

Supposed synopsis (from the back of the novelization) has leaked!

"Mulder and Scully are back in the thrilling novelization of the summer 2008 blockbuster movie based on the classic X-Files TV show! When a group of women are abducted in the wintry hills of rural Virginia, the only clues to their disappearance are the grotesque human remains that begin to turn up in snow banks along the highway. With officials desperate for any lead, a disgraced priest?s questionable ?visions? send local police on a wild goose chase and straight to a bizarre secret medical experiment that may or may not be connected to the women?s disappearance. It?s a case right out of The X-Files. But the FBI closed down its investigations into the paranormal years ago. And the best team for the job is ex-agents Fox Mulder and Dr. Dana Scully, who have no desire to revisit their dark past. Still, the truth of these horrific crimes is out there somewhere...and it will take Mulder and Scully to find it!"

Sounds cool. If it's true, that is.

I guess the plot sounds ok. I wouldn't say I am as excited about it as I was before I read it! Great post though.

Dr. Gonzo

I am an X files fan, but I dont think this one is going to pull much of anyone (except die hard fans) back to theaters. Carter said he would love to do one more and have it lean toward the mythology one last time... and the timing would be good for that because according to the show the whole **** house goes up in flames and the invasion begins in dec 2012.

The Man

P.P.P. (Pretty Polish Poster)...

27105.jpg

-Jones-

In fact, this is the international poster, but with Polish titles ;).

They did something strange to Duchovny's face

The Man

-Jones- said:
In fact, this is the international poster, but with Polish titles ;).

They did something strange to Duchovny's face

Looks quite glum and dumb, doesn't he?;)

Paden

Honestly, I'm more enthused about this film that the first X-Files film, in part because it is a self-contained story. Much as I enjoyed the ongoing conspiracy plots, some of my favorite episodes were the "monster-of-the week" fare. However, I'd have to agree with prior speculation in this thread about the movie's success at the box office. Certainly longtime fans of the series will buy tickets, but I'm not sure how much interest the rest of the viewing public is going to have.