TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-09-2016, 01:13 PM   #1626
Stoo
IndyFan

Re. IndyCast #224

Here's a shout out to Joe & Keith for their entertaining coverage of the National Geographic, Indiana Jones Adventure of Archaeology.

What a great segment!

Now I regret not sending in a review to the IndyCast because I was one of the 1st people on the planet to see it. The exhibit's premiere was in my home city of Montreal in 2011 (it was designed & put together by a Montreal company, X3 Productions). Like Keith, I live in Europe but was home during its run, saw it TWICE with my best friend and absolutely loved it. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago but listening to you guys walk through was almost like experiencing the thing all over again. Loved all of your commentary. It was spot on (& funny)! You two certainly have the 'gift of gab' and wish I could've been there with you guys because you're such big fans.

In particular, I enjoyed hearing you guys drooling over the mine cart miniature because that was one of my favourite items.

Oh, and the cigar box is NOT the one seen in the movie! It's a close-looking substitute. (Pat DePoortere/Rocket Surgeon eventually debunked it after I posted a photo here at The Raven.)

Best bit (regarding the Ark):
"Don't look at it, Keith."

Thanks for a wonderful listen.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:15 AM   #1627
indycast
IndyFan

Glad you enjoyed it Stoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Here's a shout out to Joe & Keith for their entertaining coverage of the National Geographic, Indiana Jones Adventure of Archaeology.

What a great segment!

Now I regret not sending in a review to the IndyCast because I was one of the 1st people on the planet to see it. The exhibit's premiere was in my home city of Montreal in 2011 (it was designed & put together by a Montreal company, X3 Productions). Like Keith, I live in Europe but was home during its run, saw it TWICE with my best friend and absolutely loved it. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago but listening to you guys walk through was almost like experiencing the thing all over again. Loved all of your commentary. It was spot on (& funny)! You two certainly have the 'gift of gab' and wish I could've been there with you guys because you're such big fans.

In particular, I enjoyed hearing you guys drooling over the mine cart miniature because that was one of my favourite items.

Oh, and the cigar box is NOT the one seen in the movie! It's a close-looking substitute. (Pat DePoortere/Rocket Surgeon eventually debunked it after I posted a photo here at The Raven.)

Best bit (regarding the Ark):
"Don't look at it, Keith."

Thanks for a wonderful listen.
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:16 AM   #1628
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #17 is here!

Ron Longo and Laird Malamed are back as they celebrate the 84th birthday and 50th Academy Award nomination of the maestro John Williams! [In Stereo]

You can listen to the episode here!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:46 AM   #1629
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 225 is here!

This week Raiders live in concert adds another date, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock talks collectibles, Double Tís is back with another Grail Chronicles review and we have more of your great emails!

Old 03-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #1630
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 226 is here!

This week we farewell an Indy legend, speculate whether a fan favorite return to Indy 5, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock returns, Double Tís is back with another Grail Chronicles review and lots more!

Old 03-21-2016, 02:36 AM   #1631
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 227 is here!

In this special edition of the IndyCast, Mitch and I discuss the news that Indy 5 is officially a go, Ron and Laird look at what this means from a John Williams score perspective and we hear from the team from Coffee with Kenobi plus we have more of your great emails!

Old 04-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #1632
indycast
IndyFan

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they break down John Williamsí score of Raiders of the Lost cue by cue! [In Stereo]

Old 04-18-2016, 03:29 AM   #1633
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 228 is here!

This week Frank Marshall talks Indy 5, Mitch returns with a review of the latest Indy Sideshow collectible, Double Tís has another Grail Chronicles review, we have a new segment looking at Indy from a UK perspective as well as audio from a Paul Freeman panel, Joe and Keith are back with another Further Adventures segment and we have more of your great emails!

Old 04-25-2016, 03:36 AM   #1634
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special 19: The Magic of John Williams is here!

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they speak with the multi-talented Grammy award winning pianist and John Williams collaborator Gloria Cheng! [In Stereo]

You can listen to the interview here!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #1635
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 229 is here!

This week we farewell another Indy behind the scenes legend, Mitch returns with a pixelated look at Indy, Double T's has another Grail Chronicles review, Laird takes a look at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and we have more of your great emails!

Old 05-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #1636
InexorableTash
IndyFan

I appreciate Double T's YIJ episode reviews - it's always great to hear the impressions of a first-time viewer. But... why is the background music in the segments from the feature films, not the award-winning scores for the series itself? Do I complain* to Ed (here?), or to Double T (where?) ???

* and offer to help, of course
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:29 AM   #1637
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
I appreciate Double T's YIJ episode reviews - it's always great to hear the impressions of a first-time viewer. But... why is the background music in the segments from the feature films, not the award-winning scores for the series itself? Do I complain* to Ed (here?), or to Double T (where?) ???

* and offer to help, of course

Looks like it is all sorted though this episode still has the movie scores but not long now!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:30 AM   #1638
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 230 is here!

This week Anthony Ingruber stops by Club Obi Wan to talk with Joe Stuber about playing a young Harrison Ford and potentially young Indy, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock returns with another pixelated look at Indy, Double Tís has another Grail Chronicles review, Chris returns with the latest look at Indy from a UK perspective, we get a sneak peek at a new segment, Ron is back with some fun Indy facts and we have more of your great emails!

Old 05-30-2016, 12:03 AM   #1639
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 231 is here!

This week we have some great audio from the inaugural ICON Award presentation to Raiders of the Lost Ark screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan thanks to IndyCast listener Adam Leonard, Ron Longo returns with some Indy trivia and we have more of your great emails!

Old 06-06-2016, 03:54 AM   #1640
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special #20 - The Magic of John Williams is here!

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they take a look at a plethora of John Williams news including audio clips from recent concerts and continue their in-depth analysis of the Raiders score from Peru to Connecticut to Nepal! [In Stereo]

Old 06-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #1641
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 232 is here!

This week we have some great Indy 5 news direct from Steven Spielberg himself, John Williams is honoured, Mitch returns with a look at the art of celebrity, we have the first instalment in an all-new History Behind the Mystery segment, we catch up with IJ in the UK, Ron has some more Indy trivia and Joe has a great giveaway!

Old 06-27-2016, 12:24 AM   #1642
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 233 is here!

This week we have some more news on Indy 5 and beyond from Disney CEO Bob Iger, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Mitch returns looking at 35 years of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ron has some more Indy trivia, Double Tís looks at Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Hawkmen, Joe and Keith are back with a Further Adventures of Indiana Jones anniversary and we have more of your great emails!

Old 07-11-2016, 03:36 AM   #1643
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 234 is here!

In a bumper edition of the IndyCast, I speak with cosplayer and props collector Andreas Dragone in Club Obi Wan, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock talks George Hall and old Indy, Ron is back with a bit-sized bit of Indy trivia, Chris returns from the La Rochelle Sub Pen in France with IJ in the UK and Joe sends in his report moderating the Q&A with the Raiders Guys at one of their recent screenings!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:06 AM   #1644
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #21 is here!

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they take a look at John Williamsí most recent score for The BFG and his recent AFI honor in the latest edition of the Magic of John Williams! [In Stereo]