New Acquisitions!!

Goonie

Backtracking a little bit here, back at the end of August I picked up the Uncle Milton Crystal Skull projector with some Birthday money, and about four weeks ago, I picked up Army of the Dead:

43400523Small.jpg

Today, while renting a movie at Blockbuster, I noticed they had one last Indiana Jones T-shirt on the shelf so I picked it up. It was on clearance for $5:
43400520Small.jpg

I'm hoping to pick up The Further Adventures Omnibus #2 and Adventures Volume #2, but our Chapters store sucks here and they haven't got them in yet. :( I might also pick up the Indiana Jones DVD game which went down to $9.99 at Toys R Us.

Goonie

A couple more scores today:

43400520aSmall.jpg

$12.99 at Value Village - not as a used toy, but in their new retail toy section for Christmas.

43400522aSmall.jpg

$3.99 at Value Village - again a new toy, not used.

Montana Smith

Goonie, that Projector Skull looks nice. I was thinking of getting one to use as an ornament (if I can find a spare shelf!) Do the internal projector workings and the slide opening detract too much from displaying it as a 'skull'?

I had a lucky find at Poundstretchers in the UK yesterday. They seem to have secured a load of unsold figures from Spain or Portugal, as the single carded ones had a label on the back with Spanish and Portuguese addresses.

The single figures were £1.99 each and included German Soldiers, Cairo Swordsman, Sallah, Belloq, Monkey Man, and Indy with Idol.

Deluxe packs were only £2.99 and included German Motorcyclists, Pitfall and Temple Traps.

Suffice to say, two baskets were promptly overfilled, and now I have the entire Hasbro collection (including 2 Crystal Skeletons, the Akator playset, Akator Temple Race, 2 Jungle Cutters, 3 plastic covered trucks, 1 fabric covered truck, 5 troop cars, 19 German tropical soldiers in various colours, 4 German motorcyclist sets and 2 Indianas riding horses).

Now I just need to make room to build more dioramas... or one gigantic one. I have plenty of doubles now for customizing when the inspiration strikes.

The only item that I'm missing is Mutt's switchblade - and I can't bring myself to buy another dull T-shirt Mutt just to get it. One day it'll turn up and I can finally tick of the missing item from my list. Until, that is, Hasbro decide to release some more waves... :)

Oh, and the other week I received an original Kenner Toht as a stand-in, until Hasbro do decide to release him.

Last edited:

Goonie

Montana Smith said:
Goonie, that Projector Skull looks nice. I was thinking of getting one to use as an ornament (if I can find a spare shelf!) Do the internal projector workings and the slide opening detract too much from displaying it as a 'skull'?

The plastic on the skull is a little "frosted" so you don't see the guts too much. I think someone on the COW boards managed to take out the projector and the various parts.

Montana Smith

Goonie said:
The plastic on the skull is a little "frosted" so you don't see the guts too much. I think someone on the COW boards managed to take out the projector and the various parts.

It looks good in your photo, especially as its made with a separate jaw. I think I'll have to clear some shelf space and make this my next acquisition!

I've been waiting for weeks for an Artfx Temple of Doom 'statue' from Play.com. They say it's normally delivered in 4-5 days, but so far it's remained out of stock, so I don't think they'll be getting any more. Should have ordered earlier, as the price was only £24.99 delivered.

Rhys135

Montana Smith said:
I've been waiting for weeks for an Artfx Temple of Doom 'statue' from Play.com. They say it's normally delivered in 4-5 days, but so far it's remained out of stock, so I don't think they'll be getting any more. Should have ordered earlier, as the price was only £24.99 delivered.

I've ordered some stuff from Play.com when it states 4-5 days for delivery, and I have recived them after some time, but the ArtFx TOD is a very poor piece in my opinion, so it wouldn't be a terrible loss if you missed out on it.

Montana Smith said:
I had a lucky find at Poundstretchers in the UK yesterday. They seem to have secured a load of unsold figures from Spain or Portugal, as the single carded ones had a label on the back with Spanish and Portuguese addresses.

The single figures were £1.99 each and included German Soldiers, Cairo Swordsman, Sallah, Belloq, Monkey Man, and Indy with Idol.

Cool! My local(s) have been selling KOTCS figures for a few months now, so will have to have a look if they stock ROTLA figures next time I'm in town.

Btw, my local Poundland had a Mutt on Motorbike Deluxe figure available for £1 last week. It was the only one on display, and I picked it up, so didn't see if they had any others.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rhys135 said:
I've ordered some stuff from Play.com when it states 4-5 days for delivery, and I have recived them after some time, but the ArtFx TOD is a very poor piece in my opinion, so it wouldn't be a terrible loss if you missed out on it.

Rhys, the TOD statue looks good in photos, so was surprised to hear you didn't like it. Is it just poorly painted or poorly sculpted? ROB98374's photo here sold me on it.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=449665&highlight=artfx#post449665

That was a lucky find at Poundland. I'd all but given up hope of still finding figures (other than KOTSC). The German motorcyclists were the coolest surprise!

Matt

Last edited:
I love my TOD ArtFX! I thought it was very clever the way they blended the cool scenes into a sculpture. It made me all the more sad when they canceled the TLC one and never even began on KOTCS.

Remember that art is in the eye of the beholder - everyone has their own opinion and you shouldn't be swayed because of it. If you like - get it!

Les

Montana Smith

throwmetheidol said:
I love my TOD ArtFX! I thought it was very clever the way they blended the cool scenes into a sculpture. It made me all the more sad when they canceled the TLC one and never even began on KOTCS.

Remember that art is in the eye of the beholder - everyone has their own opinion and you shouldn't be swayed because of it. If you like - get it!

Les

Thanks, Les. It's interesting to read varying opinions. I'm still hoping Play.com will come up with it - does anyone know if Kotobukiya are still producing them?

As I don't have a dedicated diorama yet for my TOD figures, I thought it would be cool to place them in front of the sculpture.

Matt

Rhys135

Montana Smith said:
Rhys, the TOD statue looks good in photos, so was surprised to hear you didn't like it. Is it just poorly painted or poorly sculpted? ROB98374's photo here sold me on it.

I liked the look of the PR shots, love the ROTLA statue I got off Play.com for £17.99, and I agree with Les that the action is blended well into the piece, but after getting the product it just looked cheap and tacky on my desk/shelf compared to all the other Indy prodcuts :( Maybe it's just me, or I got a poorly painted one.

If Play fails you, Forbidden Planet would be a good place to try, when they start their January sale of course!

Goonie

I had a couple of those $10 off Hasbro/Parker Bros/Milton Bradley coupons from Kellogg's cereal boxes, so I picked up these two

Indiana Jones DVD game. $9.99 at TRU with the $10 off coupon - free! (y)
43400522bSmall.jpg

Akator Race Game. $14.99 at TRU, with the $10 off coupon - $4.99! (y) I decided to keep my first one sealed, so that's why I got this second one.
43400524bSmall.jpg

Also, TRU had all Star Trek toys 50% off. I also picked up the Enterprise. For what you get, I wouldn't have paid the full $60 for it. It makes a decent room decor though.

ROB98374

Received a Young Indy folder with 8x11 notebook inside another folder.
Also the "Real" Indy bag. The MK VII with leather strap. Bag is mint which is a suprise for being so old.
DSCF3103.jpg
DSCF3105.jpg
DSCF3106.jpg

DSCF3108.jpg

Montana Smith

Goonie said:
That's a Man Purse. ;)

LOL! Only Indiana Jones can get away with a man bag!

I picked up an original wartime gas mask bag very cheap in a flea market a couple of weeks ago. It's not a Mk. VII, though, so not an Indy acquisition. It's the green canvas sort with a short canvas strap, designed to hang over the chest for easy access - now that's a true man bag!

DocWhiskey

A buddy of mine gave me the Lucasarts LC Desktop Adventure game yesterday. Great quality. Still in box with all the floppys and manuals.

Burke

ROB98374 said:
Once you put it together, you can't tell it was ever in two parts. There would be a greater chance of something breaking during shipping/unpacking if it was all one piece.
Plus it gets a better bronzing, I think.

I also got one marked with PROMO. I ended up returning it and buying 4 that were numbered. I like numbered items better also.
But now I am wishing I would have kept the PROMO one also, since there are probably not as many as the numbered ones!

StarWarsShop.com would not respond to any of my inquiries, so I e-mailed Gentle Giant directly, and the rep told me they had a couple of numbered ones in the warehouse and that he'd replace the PROMO one I have with a numbered version.

Great customer service from Gentle Giant, terrible from StarWarsShop.

ROB98374

Burke said:
StarWarsShop.com would not respond to any of my inquiries, so I e-mailed Gentle Giant directly, and the rep told me they had a couple of numbered ones in the warehouse and that he'd replace the PROMO one I have with a numbered version.

Great customer service from Gentle Giant, terrible from StarWarsShop.

I have had nothing but problems with StarWarsShop. You can't call them and they don't respond to emails. I think we get get second class treatment because we buy Indiana Jones stuff and not Star Wars!