The Lost Journal

martinland

Gary2880 said:
As its only advertised on amazon for £10 i doubt the cover will be real leather im afraid as cool as that would be. hopefully it will be a nice little item.

I also liked the look of these 2 books as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jones-Ultimate-Guide-Film/dp/1405328568/ref=pd_bbs_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203524987&sr=8-13

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Making-Indiana-Jones-Definitive/dp/0345501292/ref=pd_sbs_b?ie=UTF8&qid=1203524987&sr=8-13
That's why I ordered all three of them! ;)
In fact I ordered 'The Complete Making of' a long time ago and the other two about a week ago.

I looked around a bit more, but the likes of adventure source books (already got one) and all the other publications really don't look that interesting/detailed to me...

Gary2880

I remember seeing a while back there was going to be a special edition of this book, i think it either had a propper leather cover or was a hard back, i can remember the web page vividly but just cant find/remember the link! Anyone have it bookmarked for me, thanks (y)

Gary2880

awesome, ta muchly.

I just found out that it was the ultimate guide that has the special edition not this. Yes im a retard.

iLUVINDY

Arab Swordsman said:
It looks like Amazon and BN.com are showing the book as in stock!!!

I just bought mine and should receive it Monday or Tuesday, ill tell you what's up with the book, when i get it....

DocWhiskey

Just ordered mine along with the handbook. Great deal. I know on amazon it says paperback, but wouldn't it be cooler if it was a hardcover? I mean especially with the distressed look and all.

walker

Received!

Got my copy of the Lost Journal today. Looks great. An earlier post lamented that the journal was a paperback, but I'm happy to say that it is not. (There are a limited number of descriptors a publisher can use to indicate format on Amazon, so calling it "paperback" really doesn't do the book justice.) It's actually somewhere in between a hardcover and a paperback. The industry term is flexi-bind, and it gives the book a really nice look actually. Faux leather, so that it looks legit. I think you'll be impressed.

Now if only I can keep from flipping to the last few pages for another month....
walker

iLUVINDY

walker said:
Got my copy of the Lost Journal today. Looks great. An earlier post lamented that the journal was a paperback, but I'm happy to say that it is not. (There are a limited number of descriptors a publisher can use to indicate format on Amazon, so calling it "paperback" really doesn't do the book justice.) It's actually somewhere in between a hardcover and a paperback. The industry term is flexi-bind, and it gives the book a really nice look actually. Faux leather, so that it looks legit. I think you'll be impressed.

Now if only I can keep from flipping to the last few pages for another month....
walker

where did u order it from?

Adamwankenobi

walker said:

walker

How's its YIJC coverage? It would seem that YIJC would make up the majority of the book, since that's where the idea for the book came from. (y)

Crack that whip

Adamwankenobi said:
How's its YIJC coverage? It would seem that YIJC would make up the majority of the book, since that's where the idea for the book came from. (y)

... not to mention the fact the TV series covers a lot more time than the movies. ;)

Does it have anything to say re: the "Indy EU" (novels, comics, games, etc.)?

I just got mine today. Do not go to the last few pages if you don't want to be spoiled. I looked rather quickly by accident and there are easy to see spoilers.

They give dates for the movies now so we know when things happen. They also give prices for somethings, like the Pan Am flight, which was $900, which is a lot of money. I know what I'll be reading tonight!

ETA: After skimming for a bit, do not go past the couple of pages for Atlantis, after that there are spoilers.

Last edited:

walker

details of content

I've been reading through the journal and it really is well done. It's coverage of the Chronicles is limited, but interesting. The journals starts with Indy's first entry and talks about a couple of his TV adventures as a young boy, then moves to his adventure at the beginning of Last Crusade, then covers three or four of the Sean Patrick Flannery adventures. A page or two for each. Then it touches upon three of the novels (all Rob MacGregor entries, I believe). Nothing about the Young Indy books, or the German novels, or the comic book adventures EXCEPT for Fate of Atlantis. It's inclusion perhaps means that Lucas considers that particular adventure as cannon. After this, I cannot say more as there are many spoilers, including some tidbits of what Indy was doing during WWII, who Mac is, etc. So I'll stop there. Really worth the purchase though.

FYI, I got it from Amazon.

walker

Last edited: