DVD's...Any changes?

Grant Lutjens

Hello all. FIRST...I apologize if this has been asked, I looked and couldn't find nothing.

Been too long ;) Still an Indy fan, but real life has sortof taken over.

Okay...Amazing part..I don't OWN a single Indy DVD/VHS (Blasphemy I know).

I have always been checking out the old VHS tapes from the library.

Now I am going to be buying all 3 of the originals (And KOTCS when it comes out).

And my question...
On the DVD releases, what has been changed, cut or edited from the VHS releases?

I had to ask, because if there was a lot of changing, I would spend my money and time buying the older VHS copies.

Sounds foolish, but I learned my lesson with Starwars. I bought the DVD's, and after later reading about all the changes, picked up the old VHS copies, and HUGELY loved them....

Any help would be much appreciated :D

P.S. Just one instance of why I liked the VHS Starwars. In episode 4, the DVD's included a deleted scene with Jabba..Personally I liked the episode 4, WITHOUT Jabba...Add's mystery to all that movie, AND Episode 5...You're always wondering. WHO is Jabba?

Thanks again, and my apologies if this has been asked already ;)

The Golden Idol

You (and all the Indy fans) are in luck, because nothing has been changed in the Indy DVDs except for the removal of the cobra's reflection in the safety glass in the Well of Souls scene in Raiders, which was a good (and necessary) change.

Snakes

I could be wrong about this but I think they may have shortened a line. When Sallah looks down into the Well of the Souls he says "Indy, why does the floor move?" right? Well, on my newly released DVD he only says "Why does the floor move?" As I said I could just be remembering it wrong. I haven't checked my VHS tapes or 2003 DVDs yet.

Grant Lutjens

Ok thanks!!!

Good to know nothing was changed, I started looking and I was sorta amazed how many diferant movies had been edited.. I sorta figured that some if Indy's :gun: might be cut out. Like his suckerpunch shooting of that Sword-brandishing assassin ;)

And now I can finally get ahold of my OWN Indy movies ;)

Thanks again for the quick responses!!

P.S. Indy Movie sets are going about $45 here... the one store employee, said he thought that when the KOTCS DVD was released the store was planning a weeklong sale on the Indy DVD collection.

blueoakleyz

Snakes said:
I could be wrong about this but I think they may have shortened a line. When Sallah looks down into the Well of the Souls he says "Indy, why does the floor move?" right? Well, on my newly released DVD he only says "Why does the floor move?" As I said I could just be remembering it wrong. I haven't checked my VHS tapes or 2003 DVDs yet.

just checked my 2003 dvd last night

he goes

"Indy......... why does the floor move?"

are you sure he doesn't say that in the new ones?

Goonie

Is it just me or did some scenes in the 2008 DVDs looked "cleaned-up" over the 2003 releases?

By cleaned-up I mean in scenes where matte paintings and blue screens were used. It also seemed that colors in some spots appeared more vivid.

TeamAndino

Does anyone know what the extra features are in the new dvd release from this year. I heard they added stuff that wasn't in the 2003 release.

BlackSleep

Indyana Joana said:
Does anyone know how much the DVD collection is running? I haven't looked yet.

Best Buy has the new DVD box set (special editions) for $35, or you can usually find them individually at Target for $10 each (they go on sale at this price every other week or so). I just bought the SE box set for my dad (father's day) but didn't get a chance to watch any of them before flying home. So I have no idea what the difference is between the SE DVD's and the older DVD's that I own.

mutt willams

i heard that in the new DVDs realese that when Mola Ram of the thugee cult pulls out that guys heart it dosent actually show the hand entering the chest, and when they lower him into the pit u dont see him actually enter the pit. probably for the younger audience. but im not for sure ill check my DVD when i have a chance.

Ignatius Stone

Does anyone know what the extra features are in the new dvd release from this year. I heard they added stuff that wasn't in the 2003 release.

There's no 4th bonus disc in the new boxset, but there are several very short new special features on each of the new discs.

i heard that in the new DVDs realese that when Mola Ram of the thugee cult pulls out that guys heart it dosent actually show the hand entering the chest, and when they lower him into the pit u dont see him actually enter the pit. probably for the younger audience. but im not for sure ill check my DVD when i have a chance.

If you are referring to the British region 2 edition, the UK version has always trimmed those scenes.

Benraianajones

I don't know why they still trim it, that scene looks really shoddy from the clip I saw where he puts his hand in to the chest. I think it looks better when we don't see it, kind of relieved it is trimmed in the UK. However, if you do see it happen, it gives more peril to Willie's yell of "oh my God!" when she sees Mola Ram attempting to remove Indy's heart.

DrHenryJonesJr

This week, Target has the box set on sale for $28.99! Not sure how long it will be on sale ... I paid $39.99, but it was still worth it.

In "Raiders" as Belloq yells down to Indy after he's taken the Ark from him (and is about to seal him in with Marion), Belloq remarks "Who knows? Maybe in a thousand years you'll be worth something!" (or someonthing like that)

Indy replies "Ha ha ... son of a b***h..."

On the "old" version Indy's response is clear as a bell. On the new set it's "softened."

I think they did that intentionally as with the release of the new film a lot more children will be seeing the old films - many for the first time. I would imagine they want to make they a little more presentable from a language standpoint.