User Name
Password

Old 12-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #26
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Haha! Been there,Done that!

The ultra-high bid on an item that you just have to win and the few hours after you bid the only thought that goes through your mind,"Why the hell did I bid that much?" and "Please,Let there be some sucker to out bid me!"

Question is tnswman, Just how hard are you going to kick your self when you see these on the store shelves in a few months?

I won't a bit....I think the price is fair if it means I get them early.....I do not have patience when it comes to Indy toys LOL! I just won't think a thing about it if I win these.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #27
tnswman
IndyFan

And with that, I do my Victory dance

Now I just have to ask the seller to quote some express shipping and I will be having some Mini Indy adventures soon

I can't believe they went for so cheap
Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #28
Attila the Professor

How much would they have gone for retail? Doesn't seem that cheap to me...
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #29
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

About $50....
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #30
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

To have them 6 months early... That's priceless!!

It's all relative My dear friends.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #31
tnswman
IndyFan

Not to mention I have something Hasbro does not want me to have LOL!! That feels GREAT!!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #32
Katarn07
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher
I imagine this auction will go for some ridiculous price... and if so I have one word for the winner... SUCKER !!!!

AGREED! I'm glad you're happy with your transaction. I remember you going for the 2 day shipping on your Disney Indys. You really don't know the meaning of the word patience, do ya?

I love the Playskool Star Wars line. They are indeed cute (I just said it in the LEGO topic so I guess it won't hurt to say here). If I had a niece or something, I'd get these things for her to get her hooked to SW. I'd do the same with these Indys. But since that's not the case, even the retail prices are too much for me! I got more "adult" things like action figures to buy. Hahaha.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #33
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
AGREED! I'm glad you're happy with your transaction. I remember you going for the 2 day shipping on your Disney Indys. You really don't know the meaning of the word patience, do ya?

I love the Playskool Star Wars line. They are indeed cute (I just said it in the LEGO topic so I guess it won't hurt to say here). If I had a niece or something, I'd get these things for her to get her hooked to SW. I'd do the same with these Indys. But since that's not the case, even the retail prices are too much for me! I got more "adult" things like action figures to buy. Hahaha.

sure I do... I just choose not to use it with these toys... As always, It's my business.....Whoever does not like it is just jealous. don't worry, you will get your toys too.

I hate that I can't pick and choose, I buy multiples of EVERY "official" Indy toy. No questions asked about price or product.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #34
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Hey, congratulations on the win! coukldn't have happened to a nicer person.

I am really excited about getting these for my kids, I too love the SW ones but can't justify them for my own collection...therefore I get them "for the kids"
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #35
Little Indy
IndyFan

Hey man,
congrats on the win! There is nothing Lucasfiim can produce which you cannot purchase. HA ha. Which actually brings me to a question. Where do you draw the line? I try to buy all the Indy figs. I don't always buy all the other characters like the ones from Disney. I am kicking myself now though. Anyway I've seen some collections where people have the Kermit "Indy" or a Mickey "Indy". I put Indy in quotes because they aren't really Indiana Jones items. So where do you draw the line with what you do buy and what you don't?
Little Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #36
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Indy
Hey man,
congrats on the win! There is nothing Lucasfiim can produce which you cannot purchase. HA ha. Which actually brings me to a question. Where do you draw the line? I try to buy all the Indy figs. I don't always buy all the other characters like the ones from Disney. I am kicking myself now though. Anyway I've seen some collections where people have the Kermit "Indy" or a Mickey "Indy". I put Indy in quotes because they aren't really Indiana Jones items. So where do you draw the line with what you do buy and what you don't?

Thanks guys!!! I keep it simple. I buy any "official" Indy collectible. Be it Disney, Muppets, Kubrick, It does not matter to me. As long as it is an official release, I will buy it. from Photos to posters and magazines to the most expensive collectibles like the Star Toys figures and the Toys McCoy line. The only thing I do not care about is the Indy "gear" I have a Hat and that is enough for me.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #37
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Hey, congratulations on the win! coukldn't have happened to a nicer person.

I am really excited about getting these for my kids, I too love the SW ones but can't justify them for my own collection...therefore I get them "for the kids"

Yes you can justify it... It's new Indy toys.. You justify it by being a SUPER collector and supporting the line See how easy that was LOL!! Now you can sleep well when you buy them
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
metalinvader
IndyFan

Congrats,Man! You are now the envy of the entire Indy collecting community!

You're going to post pics when you get them right?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #39
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Congrats,Man! You are now the envy of the entire Indy collecting community!

You're going to post pics when you get them right?

Ohhh yes.. I really want the whiners on here to see them
Old 12-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #40
Indy's Fist
IndyFan

When I was 4 Star Wars came out. When I was 5, the Kenner SW toys came out. I loved those toys. I didn't nor would have wanted some cute cartoonish versions to play with. I hated the SW Adventure Heros and absolutly despise the Indy ones.
Indy's Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #41
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's Fist
When I was 4 Star Wars came out. When I was 5, the Kenner SW toys came out. I loved those toys. I didn't nor would have wanted some cute cartoonish versions to play with. I hated the SW Adventure Heros and absolutly despise the Indy ones.

Wow! You don't like the cute little "warm and fuzzies", do you? Personally I love them! Hope we get a lot more of these things to get the little ones interacting with our beloved Indiana Jones universe.
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #42
Katarn07
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's Fist

First LEGO, now Playskool? I didn't even play with these things but think they're cool! I agree, as a child I probably wouldn't want them if I had the choice to play with figures, but I know some parents don't give the kids the option so I'd be better off with these than nothing. And I also bet little girls who are SW fans love these things because they're so cute. I've met two guys now while in the store buying these things for their daughters while they're getting the figures from themselves. They all seemed pretty excited to get them.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #43
Lon
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Yes you can justify it... It's new Indy toys.. You justify it by being a SUPER collector and supporting the line See how easy that was LOL!! Now you can sleep well when you buy them

You didn't support the line. You bought them from another individual who had them for sale. You supported that person. Supporting the line means you pay Hasbro since they are the ones making the toys.
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #44
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Ohhh yes.. I really want the whiners on here to see them

Did you get the figures yet? I would LOVE to see pics of them. Congrats on the auction.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #45
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
Did you get the figures yet? I would LOVE to see pics of them. Congrats on the auction.

Not yet, they have shipped ...I could not make the poor guy understand that I wanted express shipping. I will take pics AS soon as I have them
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #46
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Looks like there is another set on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Starwars-Galactic-Heroes-Indiana-Jones-Lot-of-12-Figure_W0QQitemZ370012208287QQihZ024QQcategoryZ247 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 AM   #47
metalinvader
IndyFan

Interesting to note that the KOTCS native and Indy are taken out of this set...
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #48
tnswman
IndyFan

They were not removed, The seller tried to get me to buy this set too...He said that it was only a partial set. He offered it to me for $120
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #49
mfisher
IndyFan

I'm curious to see if this one goes for a good amount too.....
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #50
mfisher
IndyFan

bwaaa haaa haaa... $191.00 for this one.... wow....
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote