Indiana Jones Monopoly

Kyle

So I was craaazy excited when I was opening it up. I was impressed with everything until I came to the Title Deeds. I opened them last, because I love looking at them. But I was extremely disappointed. The name on the front of the card does not match the name on the back of the card (or the mortgage price). So it might say Grail Temple on the front, but the back says Temple of Doom. Now I know some people might say, "SO!? The front is still fine." I just want it to be perfect when I play...

CURSE YOU PARKER BROTHERS!!!!!

Kyle
:hat:

OmegaSeamaster

That's awful, because don't you need to turn over cards in order to mortgage them back to the bank when you're desperate for money?

How do you know what you've got mortgaged if the backs are all incorrect?

I've been looking for my own copy of the game but haven't seen it anywhere. Wal-Mart's dedicated shelf space for it was scraped clean.

Kyle

Exactly! I'm really disappointed...But I can't let it get to me. The game still looks great. I was actually at Wal-Mart for a whole other reason, but when I saw it, I KNEW that I would be walking out with it.

:hat:

adsdpial

|ZiR| said:
What are the game pieces for this version? Does a fedora replace the top hat?

Hopefully this is correct (I read it on another site) but its a Fedora Hat like you say, Crystal Skull, Whip, Mine Car, Grail Diary and The Holy Grail. I think the Houses/Hotels were Fertility Idol and Ark Of The Covenant.

The one I saw was in a wooden crate, so I'm not sure if that a collectors edition or the actual standard set ?

Michael24

An Indy Monopoly? Oh, man, I'm getting that for sure. I missed out on the OT Star Wars one, so I'm not gonna miss this. :D

OmegaSeamaster

There are nice shots of it on www.throwmetheidol.com.

Actually, I think it should be possible to write to Hasbro and ask for a replacement set of the cards by calling their customer service line.

Usually board-game manufacturers have spare parts for just about everything for every game ever made.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if many sets have the misprinting.

|ZiR|

Kyle said:
Here's a list of the tokens:
adsdpial said:
Hopefully this is correct..

Thanks, guys. But I gotta say I'm unhappy that the sankara stone didn't make it as a token piece. All the other macguffins are there! Parker Bros. should've put a sanakara stone in place of the diary, imo. No fair.

Doesn't really affect me though, because I won't be buying this game. I've just never cared much for Monopoly; no one in my family will ever play the game through to the finish, and it's always when you happen to have Park Place & Boardwalk too. Then they try to play it off like the quit for totally unrelated reasons. LIES.

When will they make an Indy edition of Clue? Now that's a game I'd buy. (y)

MightyMegs

|ZiR| said:
Thanks, guys. But I gotta say I'm unhappy that the sankara stone didn't make it as a token piece. All the other macguffins are there! Parker Bros. should've put a sanakara stone in place of the diary, imo. No fair.

Just use the relic Sankara Stone from the action figure line...

Jr_1981

Huh, I wonder if all games come with the misprinting or if yours is an exception. I havent even opened my cards up yet, I think I'll do that and get back to y'all :)

Indy's Fist

My deed cards are misprinted too. I hope they re-issue the game in the near future with corrected cards. This will cause all of our sets to skyrocket in value!

Jr_1981

Jr_1981 said:
Huh, I wonder if all games come with the misprinting or if yours is an exception. I havent even opened my cards up yet, I think I'll do that and get back to y'all :)

Yep, yep. Mine are misprinted too. Oh well, it's not like it ruins the game or anything, just figure out another way to mortgage a property (place it away from your other properties or something).

No big deal really.

tupogirl

Ooh! I have been eyeing the Indy Life game. I definitely want that one. We are board game addicts here. Now if they just come out with a Trivial Pursuit...

IndyFalco

Well, the Indy Monopoly game was ALL presentation. It's a collector's item and the wooden crate was the icing on the cake. Now, the game it's self is nothing extra ordinary.

If you'd like an example of a great looking monopoly game, take a look at the Start Wars:Episode 1 monopoly. It's insane. It has a sort of 3D effect to it. I wish Parker Bros would have done something similar for Indy.

1-1.jpg

51762516StarWarsEpisode1.jpg

Kyle_Babbitt

Ha, i just came on here to post about this as well. Unfortionatly mine are wrong as well:mad: If anyone has the number or email to call please post it.

bonoferox

So the printing on the back of the title cards was not apparently intentional? Well that woud make more sense. I had never played before until I opened that set, but still the game was a blast. I think the LIFE game is a little better, though.