TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
JackBurton
IndyFan

Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Hot Toys will be revealing their first RotlA Indiana Jones figure next week.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...24.58690437343

With this collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think it will be very possible that we will see female characters from the four films very soon.
JackBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
featofstrength
IndyFan

as good as they probably will look, Im happy with the Sideshow dolls at the price I paid. Hot Toys is too rich for my blood, especially for dolls I want to take out of the package and play with
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Hot Toys are expensive, but they blow the competition out of the water. (They make Medicom look like Barbie Dolls!)

Because of the cost I only have two -DX01 Joker (with the moving glass eyes) and Policeman Joker.

This is good news, and something I will probably be saving for.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

I saw a thread on it on another toy forum. They are very nice toys. But too rich for my tastes. Sadly, more Indy toys I'll be missing out on, unless I find them cheaper
Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
bgiles73
IndyFan

I almost caught a heart attack when I saw this Hot Toys announcement. Looks like there will be other surprises to be announced as well!
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=273&itemid=16675
bgiles73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
Billy Ray
IndyFan

This is AWESOME news! Hot Toys does amazing work. I am already saving

Montana, how much do the dx figures generally go for?

I am good for at least the ROTLA Indy but, yeah, collecting a full blown line is probably out of the question for me.

Can't wait to see pics!
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray

I paid £129.99 delivered for the Joker - that was for the complete Joker with body, plus the police uniform and the policeman head. I've never regretted that purchase. The sculpting, and level of detail and quality in the clothing and accessories never fail to blow me away (right down to the miniature safety pins that hold the grenades to the harness inside his overcoat).

Quote:
I am good for at least the ROTLA Indy but, yeah, collecting a full blown line is probably out of the question for me.

That's the frightening thing. I almost hope they don't make any more after ROTLA. The temptation is dangerous!

EDIT:

How could I forget these?

I also have 3 Hot Toys Planet of the Apes figures:

I bought these second hand, but they were mint boxed, so cost less than retail.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
This is AWESOME news! Hot Toys does amazing work. I am already saving

usually $200+ USD...
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
featofstrength
IndyFan

anybody else check out the Hot Toys facebook page? Kinda sickening that they announce the Indiana Jones figures and all the feedback/comments are people being excited that Star Wars figures may not be far behind. C'mon! It's Indiana Jones! STAR WARS CAN SUCK IT!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
Billy Ray
IndyFan

I hope the Star Wars speculation isn't true. I collect both SW and Indy. I have too much $$ invested in Sideshow's SW line to start over now. I can make an exception for Indy though.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
featofstrength
IndyFan

I would be interested if the line does well enough to produce TOD Indy and Mola Ram...here's hoping it gets that far.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
JackBurton
IndyFan

Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett. On the other hand, main characters like Han, Luke, Leia and Vader would be great as well.

As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe whishful thinking. After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton
Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett.

Sideshow Boba is allegedly already on his way.

Hot Toys could definitely step in to make Chewie a reality, though. They know how to make manageble 'fur' as with the very controllable ape fur.

Quote:
As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe wishful thinking.

Nice idea, and they'd sell a lot of naked Truetype figures as long as the 'Ultimate ROTLA Indy' came with a head for each outfit.

Quote:
After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.

I'm not sure on muscle bodies if they're the rubber ones. I wouldn't lay out serious money for a rubber body, not after hearing stories of how some have cracked and perished. I would have loved to have Hot Toy's Hellboy, but not after I heard some people were desperately rubbing baby oil into his chest to preserve him.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
JackBurton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Sideshow Boba is allegedly already on his way.
Oh, great. I totally missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I'm not sure on muscle bodies if they're the rubber ones. I wouldn't lay out serious money for a rubber body, not after hearing stories of how some have cracked and perished. I would have loved to have Hot Toy's Hellboy, but not after I heard some people were desperately rubbing baby oil into his chest to preserve him.

You're right. The rubber bodies are far from perfect. I thought more about the new muscle body like they used on Predators Royce. The elbow articulation is a little bit limited, but the look is great.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #15
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett. On the other hand, main characters like Han, Luke, Leia and Vader would be great as well.

As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe whishful thinking. After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.

Hot Toys already did ROTLA Indy, and honestly, I thought the Sideshow Indy was way better. the Muscle Body does intrigue me, however. Two words : German Mechanic!

Word has it Sideshow has Short Round in development. Mostly, I'd like Sideshow to collaborate with Hot Toys, using the greatest strengths of both (I prefer Sideshow's jackets with fake- but in scale- zippers and also I really like the Sideshow Prometheus body) to create a line that includes somebody besides friggin' Indy!

Two villains and Indy's Dad is not much of a toy line.
Dig Site 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
UIMJ
IndyFan

I'm glad that Indy is getting more exposure, and I'm a fan of Hot Toys Iron Man stuff. But, I also think that a lot of companies have the license, and we've gotten quite a few of the same toy (albeit different sculpts).

Of course Hot Toys will release a standard Indy, but I hope that they diversify the line immediately.
UIMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
ROB98374
IndyFan

If the Indy characters look as good as the joker, I will buy them all!
ROB98374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Site 1138
Hot Toys already did ROTLA Indy, and honestly, I thought the Sideshow Indy was way better.

Okay, wait, I was thinking Medicom and Hot Toys were the same company. Disregard.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #19
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

So, apart from Indy, Toht, Belloq and Henry Sr., (and Short Round? )who would you most like to see as the next action figure from Hot Toys/Sideshow ?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
Billy Ray
IndyFan

All I really, really want to see is a TOD Indy. After that, everthing else is just gravy.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
DrJones35
IndyFan

I'm excited for this. No matter how many Hot Toys Indy figures they release, I only will buy Indy
DrJones35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Site 1138
So, apart from Indy, Toht, Belloq and Henry Sr., (and Short Round? )who would you most like to see as the next action figure from Hot Toys/Sideshow ?

How about the ladies - Marion, Willie and Elsa?
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Herman or the Library nerd
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #24
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Three days to go until we hopefully get to see an image.

What do we expect?

To quote from Action Figure Pics:

Quote:
With the DX designation, I think it means we’ll be getting a PERS (parallel eyeball rolling system) version of Indy, with a ton of accessories too.

DX also usually means multiple outfits –

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010...ost-ark-teaser

The eyes are a fantastic innovation (a huge leap forward from the old Eagle Eye GI Joe/Action Man). Glass with fully detailed irises perfect for giving an individual look to suit a diorama.

This should be the figure that I've been waiting so many years for. A real ultimate Indy. With Hot Toys I feel much easier justifying the outlay of cash.

Apart from Medicom's Mutt (which is ironically my favourite Medicom figure from the Indy line), Medicom are generally the great pretender to 1/6 quality. Too many misses with their hits. Way too skinny, rubbery sculpts, and often too short to display with other 1/6 figures.

Sideshow are good, with more detailed and harder sculpting, but their bodies have been floppy, skinny, and the heads sometimes oversized.

Hot Toys, however, have never failed to impress me from images, and in hand. Their quality is top notch, the detail so fine, that I don't like to handle them much. I pose them, and I leave them. (I just wouldn't buy anything with their rubber bodies or suits).
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #25
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

I have serious mixed feelings. Hot Toys figures are fantastic. No mistake. The Pirates of the Caribbean figures they did were eerily lifelike.

They are also expen$ive.

On top of that, I feel sort of invested in the Sideshow figures I already have.

It sounds stupid, but I'm sort of finding this stressful.