Hello from Oregon.

Hiluxtaco

Hello, Everyone!

I have already posted a few times, and thought that I should go back and introduce myself before I post anymore.

First of all, my name is Brian, and I have been an Indy fan ever since I first saw Raiders of the Lost Ark back in the '80's as a young kid. I wouldn't say that I am a 'huge' fan of the Indiana Jones films like many of you are, but more of a fan of Harrison Ford's body of work in general. I also love his roles in Star Wars and Blade Runner almost as much as his role as Indiana Jones.

For the record, Raiders is my favorite movie of the four films; followed by The Last Crusade, and then Temple of Doom - chilled monkey brains, yuck! I didn't care for the Crystal Skull at all. Sure, it was good seeing Indiana Jones on the big screen again. I guess the whole scene where Shia is swinging through the jungle with the monkeys killed it for me.. lol

Back to why I am here. I had been browsing this forum for a few months before I ever created an account over here. I was pointed to this forum via therpf, where I am also a newb..

I have been spending most of my time here just reading through the various threads, and checking out all the cool Indiana Jones pics that I have never seen before.

I plan on putting together a complete Indy outfit over time, and thought this place would be a good source of information, which it is!

Take care. :)

Gear

Hello fellow Oregonian :hat:. We aren't all that far apart. Small world (wide web).

Have fun perusing the ancient halls of our secret society, and try not to get lost in the museum.

Goodeknight

Hiluxtaco said:
I wouldn't say that I am a 'huge' fan of the Indiana Jones films like many of you are,

That's a good starting point. I thought I was a huge fan until I came here. Then I found out there are numerous uberfans. I've learned a lot about Indy and films in general here, for what that's worth.

Hiluxtaco said:
For the record, Raiders is my favorite movie of the four films; followed by The Last Crusade, and then Temple of Doom - chilled monkey brains, yuck! I didn't care for the Crystal Skull at all. Sure, it was good seeing Indiana Jones on the big screen again. I guess the whole scene where Shia is swinging through the jungle with the monkeys killed it for me.. lol

Wow, that's a good summary of about five years worth of debates and posts over whether or not Crystal Skull sucked or not. (And, yes, it did.) And, I'd say, the general ranking a lot of people have of the films. Though many people put Last Crusade at the top of the list, Raiders seems to win out.

For me, the best thing about Crystal Skull (besides seeing Indy on the big screen again) was that it made Temple of Doom seem like a much better film.

Hiluxtaco said:
I plan on putting together a complete Indy outfit over time, and thought this place would be a good source of information, which it is!

For costuming, you should also check out:

IndyGear http://www.indygear.com/

The IndyLounge http://indylounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?

And in particular this page that lists a pile of Indy costume stuff from jackets, hats, and whips, to pants, bags, belts, props, etc.
http://indylounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wherebuy&action=display&thread=2138

A lot of dead links there, but you can Google something you find interesting even if the link doesn't work.

WELCOME to the Raven!