new Indy Answer from Hasbro

In speaking to Hasbro I received a VERY clear answer to this debate -

"We will be releasing both "classic" and IJ IV figures at the same time, together, as one line when the line debuts. There is no separate movie line, and there is no separate classic Indy figure launch. After discussion with Lucasfilm and with retailers, we decided it was for our boys action aisle space that it was best to launch everything together."

We can now put this to rest.

-les

ChromiumBlue37

Updated October 12

Good news about the Hasbro action figure lineup! (y)
Looks like we are getting 30 BASIC figures for the IJ line in 2008. Basic means single figures on a card. Not too shabby, since Hasbro is known to incorporate "special figures" with other toys, (deluxe, figure 2 packs, pilots for vehicles, riders with animals).

We have seen 7 already -
Indiana Jones w/ Jacket and Fertility Idol
Indiana Jones w/o Jacket and whipping action
Marion Ravenwood
Monkey Man
Cairo Swordsman
Sallah
Rene Belloq in Ceremonial Robes

from bobasbounty.net

Hasbro QnA
Posted Friday October 12, 2007

1. For those of us who like to budget in advance, about how many new Star Wars figures will we be seeing in 2008? Indiana Jones?

It's too early to give totals, but in next year's "Saga" line (including Spring 30th and the follow-up line) you can expect about the same as this year, perhaps a bit fewer as we make room for Clone Wars. The Clone Wars details are being kept under wraps, but it will be a solid showing. Finally, on IJ, we are looking at close to 30 basic figures....strong support for all four IJ films over the course of the year.

Shortie

Maybe 6 for TOD, 7 for LC & the rest for KOCS. Then we'll see more for '09 maybe along with some EU too.

ChromiumBlue37

It looks like Hasbro will give us a good base from each movie. We have already seen a great assortment of 7 figures for ROTLA.

I am sure we will see

Raiders of the Lost Ark -

08. Hovitos Tribesman

Temple of Doom -

09. Indiana Jones torn shirt
10. Indiana Jones tuxedo
11. Lao Che
12. Short Round
13. Willie Scott
14. GiantThuggee
15. Mola Ram

Last Crusade -

16. Indiana Jones boy scout
17. Fedora
18. Indiana Jones
19. Henry Jones Sr.
20. Vogel
21. Elsa
22. Sallah
23. Donovan
24. Grail Knight

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -

25. Indiana Jones
26. Shia LaBouf's character (Mutt?)
27. Marion Ravenwood
28. Cate Blanchett's character
29. Mutt
30. Jim Broadbent's character

That's (around) 30 BASIC action figures for 2008.

Don't forget. We just might get deluxe figures, multi packs or figure pack-ins, (drivers with vehicles). :D

Plus the Indiana Jones brand is sure to carry over through out 2009! Here's hoping! :whip:

ChromiumBlue37

If you are talking about the Fedora from my speculated list, Fedora was a character from the first scene of the Last Crusade. :hat:

Actually, $90 is a very decent price for a hat of that quality. I'd buy it now, if I were you. The price may go up next year as the demand does. ;)

mfisher

Indy and Lara... I dont know if it is a language barrier issue or what.. but if you would go back and read the responses to your search for an affordable fedora you will find a number of answers, website links, company names etc so that you can buy one.. you keep popping up asking to buy a fedora.. and others are showing you.. but you just keep asking the same question again...

ChromiumBlue37

ChromiumBlue37 said:
It looks like Hasbro will give us a good base from each movie. We have already seen a great assortment of 7 figures for ROTLA.

I am sure we will see

Raiders of the Lost Ark -

08. Hovitos Tribesman

Temple of Doom -

09. Indiana Jones torn shirt
10. Indiana Jones tuxedo
11. Lao Che
12. Short Round
13. Willie Scott
14. GiantThuggee
15. Mola Ram

Last Crusade -

16. Indiana Jones boy scout
17. Fedora
18. Indiana Jones
19. Henry Jones Sr.
20. Vogel
21. Elsa
22. Sallah
23. Donovan
24. Grail Knight

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -

25. Indiana Jones
26. Shia LaBouf's character (Mutt?)
27. Marion Ravenwood
28. Cate Blanchett's character
29. Mac
30. Jim Broadbent's character

That's (around) 30 BASIC action figures for 2008.

Don't forget. We just might get deluxe figures, multi packs or figure pack-ins, (drivers with vehicles). :D

Plus the Indiana Jones brand is sure to carry over through out 2009! Here's hoping! :whip:

It will be fantastic to finally get some kind of confirmation on the new action figures. Dying to know who we are going to get exactly!

Indy and Lara

mfisher said:
Indy and Lara... I dont know if it is a language barrier issue or what.. but if you would go back and read the responses to your search for an affordable fedora you will find a number of answers, website links, company names etc so that you can buy one.. you keep popping up asking to buy a fedora.. and others are showing you.. but you just keep asking the same question again...

it's not english problem (I've been speaking English for 8 years, my english is better than my Korean) it's just that it's hard to order or too expensive or too not-indylike.