After 5 issues, what do you think of the Indiana Jones Official Magazine?

After 5 issues, how would you rate the Official Indiana Jones Magazine?

• Excellent

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Average

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goonie

The publication, Indiana Jones The Official Magazine now has 5 issues out. What do you think of it? What grade do you give it? Vote in the poll.

As far as print and paper goes, it's good, but content-wise it could be much better.

I think it could be a lot better. A lot of the stuff I've known, or thought I remembered. I'm not sure what else they could put in there. Actually they could do a really nice piece on all the action figures and other toys that they've had out. They did do the one piece on a collector, but it would be nice to see all the stuff that's out even though I have a good amount of it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I agree with what others have previously said, the content could be better. Maybe I'm just too much of an Indygeek but there is very little information, photos, etc that is new to me and for the price of $15 and it's low avaliability certainly makes it a little harder to be completely happy with it. It also seems to just apply itself to merchandise and the films. So far it hasn't lent itself over to the YIJC and needs more fan interaction (eg. letters to the editor, selling/trading merchandise, pretty much stuff in the vein of the Star Wars magazine).

BrodyIsDead

Need more input!

On this thread I've already vented a little on how let down I've felt with the Titan Magazine:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=16962

And with the now demise of the Titan Indy Comic which I reported on in the second page of that thread above, I wonder how long the magazine will actually survive... :confused:

I really do want it to keep going though, but please, please, please, Titan, come up with more ORIGINAL content!

Agent Z

I think the magazine is "good". The pages and design are very high quality..and the $9.99 cover price, believe it or not, is actually about right for that style of magazine.

I will also throw in and agree that the content is not so far off from what one could find online. However, the first few issues had some nice KOTCS shots that I haven't seen elsewhere. It would be nice if we could get some more exclusive pictures like that.

Last edited:

muttjones

i like the lost storyboards. other than that it is good. i haven't bought i've just gone through a few of the issues while at the news agents.

Dr.Sartorius

I think its about average-good. The covers are definitely mediocre. I'd like to see them put more thought into them. If the expanded adventures articles were more extensive I'd like it a lot more also.

Gobi-1

I think it's good. It's very, very good. It's just lacking the fan component as already mentioned. There's no Fan Letters, No Collecting Section, No News Section, No Young Indy Info. Right now it's mainly fluff pieces, behind the scenes, fun facts, and "Best Of"...lists. It needs more in depth content.

However considering they're five issues in with no fan feed back of any kind I think they're going to pull the plug sooner then later.

Right now their biggest issue is costumer service. I tried subscribing but they never sent me a bill or any magazines. Goes for Titan's Lost magazine as well.

I've offered SEVERAL times (as has Mitchell Hallock) to contribute to their magazine. It's fallen on deaf ears. I've also pointed out to them the numerous errors in their magazine -- and received no response.

Last I heard it is only going to issue #8.

AndyLGR

When this Indy magazine came out I thought it was going to follow a similar format to the the Titan Star Wars magazine - lots of collectors information, fan letters, comic stories etc.

I actually think that the Indy magazine is better than the Star Wars one, which since it changed to Star Wars Insider is now focused on the US with purely a UK cover put on the front of it with too many ads.

I dont have too much Indy behind the scenes info, so I've found the magazine to be interesting reading.

I hope it isnt cancelled though.

Twilightpro101

Gobi-1 said:
Right now their biggest issue is costumer service. I tried subscribing but they never sent me a bill or any magazines. Goes for Titan's Lost magazine as well.

I've had the same issue with them before on SV magazine.

Loving the magazine as a whole though. Wish they would have got this ball rolling sooner.