Crystal Skull prop replica?

Dr.Jonesy

Does anyone know if there are any prop-makers that have attempted to replicate the Crystal Skull prop?

I haven't found any online and I understand it would be a difficult piece to make, but I was wondering if anyone here or anywhere else online has replicated one yet?

-Thanks!
:hat:

Insomniac said:
Do you mean the toy? I think he means a prop right?
I have yet to see the Crystal Skull projector, but it strikes me as a possible cool prop replica, and lights up!

Unless there's another Crystal Skul projector, yeah, THE TOY!
Yeah, check out his post...he CLEARLY meant a prop.
The toy SEEMS to be a COOL ALTERNATIVE.

You know kind of like the Chachapoyan Idol Bank.

I just got a projector (off a seller via amazon, shipped under $15) It's small, but pretty cool especially for the price, at least until an "official" one is released.

I'll post pics when I get a chance

3879253709_6246072b40.jpg

3879254387_2a24b0b764.jpg

3879255151_f93714dd4d.jpg

I took the innards out.

It's $5.30 plus $9 shiping cool, lol. I hope an official replica comes out (for under $200). If they can do an idol on a pedestal for $189, I would hope a clear acrylic skull can be made as cheap. An ebay seller use dto have a pretty nice one for $125-$200, not seen it in a while. It was pretty good, had a nose hole though, if I remeber right, so not 100% accurate.

$200 Crystal Skull

thepropshopsite has theirs up again....$199 starting bid "Last Summer it was selling for $500" they fail to mention this winter\spring I saw a few close at $75-$100. It's not SA (has a nose hole) but still pretty cool. I'll stick to my sub-$15 version, though. lol.

$200 Crystal Skull

:eek:

Team Indy

Great pictures, ddschneider. I had no idea the projector was so cheap! I'd buy it if I wanted a creepy replica with eyes that bore into your skull. That thing freaks me out. Pretty cool, though.

Insomniac said:
Too small but nice price!
(y)

I think those are the same dimensions as the Projector skull has....I wonder if the local Halloween costumers have them. It looks to be a solid piece unlike the Projector, which has a few separate pieces, so would be easier to cast if one chose to...at least until Sideshow gives us a 1:1 scale version.

Insomniac

ddschneider1972 said:
I think those are the same dimensions as the Projector skull has....I wonder if the local Halloween costumers have them. It looks to be a solid piece unlike the Projector, which has a few separate pieces, so would be easier to cast if one chose to...at least until Sideshow gives us a 1:1 scale version.
Ya a lot easier to make a cast off it!