Who was the Cairo swordsman?

But Pat Roach didn't play the Cairo Swordsman, it was stuntman Terry Richards. Roach played Giant Sherpa in the Raven brawl and the German Mechanic. Now, who was HE? We need a backstory about him being a German circus performer who was conscripted by the Nazis because he was a big burly mofo.

EvilDevo

I was joking. I said Cairo Swordsman was A (random, singular) Thugee guard... not the huge, Pat Roach version.

Nor did I mean for CS to be a pre-bridge goon... just an everyday, average Thugee guard (not actually SHOWN in Temple of Doom) with a score to settle. But it was meant as a joke...

Thugee? Thuggee?

How many g's?

So you mean he's one of the guys who draws a sword on Indy and Indy reaches for his gun but it isn't in his holster so he steals his sword from him. The swordsman was so humiliated that he trained for years for a rematch and the next time they meet Indy just shoots him. Gotcha.

UltimateManGod

Lord_glavin said:
well, as a young boy, he was teased for always playing with swords, but he stuck to it. Training for hours a day at just swinging his sword around instead of getting a job. His family disowned him and his friends deserted him but one day there was a fuss in town and cairo swordsman knew it was his time to shine! he had been practising for this moment all his life! So proudly and grinning like a schoolboy, he walked in front of the american and began to swing his sword.

He never got to finish his routine, but the crowd behind him did not miss him, as you can see they cheered his death.

I will now never be able to see this scene without thinking of this story. I actually just finished Raiders last night, and this is what I though about when I saw him.

Lord_glavin

UltimateManGod said:
I will now never be able to see this scene without thinking of this story. I actually just finished Raiders last night, and this is what I though about when I saw him.

hahahaha this made my day

The_Raiders

When ever I think of the Cairo Swordsman I always like to think he's just trying to entertain Indy with sword tricks, so when Indy shoots him it makes it more funny. :p

WillKill4Food

Agent Spalko said:
I think the Cairo Swordsman needs to have his own cooking show on the Food network.
Definitely:
Chef Ahmed Greedo serves up his exotic camel filet with scarab sauce, complimented by a crisp 1936 Bordeaux.