Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Stoo

Indiana Jones and the Ticking Clock of Vauseyon - Part 4

"Got it! L'Étoile de Joie! The rarest flower in Switzerland.* Some say it even has mystical properties. Marion better appreciate the trouble I went through to get this for her!"

*Not true. Completely fabricated B.S.

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_31.jpg

"The mill house at le Gor du Vauseyon was built in 1614."

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_32.jpg

"What the...? Now I can see the flower's magic!"

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_33.gif

"O.K. I'm done here. Gotta catch up with Jock. This river will take me to the lake..."

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_34.jpg

UP NEXT - THE FINAL CHAPTER!

Billy Ray said:
Well Indy has left Afghanistan for New Jersey. It was certianly sad to see him go. As one of my team mates here said, there is a 4" hole in my heart:(

The P.O. said it should take 7-10 days to reach NJ.

Took a few last minute shots this morning. Let me know when I can being posting Stoo.
I know how you feel.:( ...and will be finished today. "Hold on to your potatoes!":D

The update for Inky's list:

08 - West Coast USA: San Francisco / Oakland??? (Le Saboteur) ARRIVED 11-June-10 / DEPARTED 14???-June-10
09 - Afghanistan (Billy Ray) - ARRIVED 23-June-2010 / DEPARTED 29-June-2010
10 - East Coast USA: New Jersey / Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVING???

inky_skin

Ok - so I'm back ! It's been a fun couple of weeks - and I have the scar to prove it :)

The map and itinerary now look like this:

map_recent-2.jpg

01 - England: Exeter (inky_skin) - DEPARTED 06-May-10
02 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 11-May-10 / DEPARTED 13-May-10
03 - Canada: Ontario, Kingston (Stoo) - ARRIVED 13-May-10 / DEPARTED 16-May-10
04 - Canada: Quebec, Montreal (Stoo) - ARRIVED 16-May-10 / DEPARTED 23-May-10
05 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 24-May-10 / DEPARTED 28-May-10
06 - Malta (Stoo) - ARRIVED 28-May-10 / DEPARTED 31-May-10
07 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 31-May-10 / DEPARTED 07-June-10
08 - USA: San Francisco (Le Saboteur) ARRIVED 11-June-10 / DEPARTED 14-June-10
09 - Afghanistan (Billy Ray) - ARRIVED 23-June-10 / DEPARTED 29-June-10
10 - USA: New Jersey / Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED ???
11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
12 - USA: Indianapolis (bonoferox)
13 - USA: Culver City (Lance Quazar)
14 - USA: LA / SoCal (Pale Horse)
15 - USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
16 - USA: San Francisco (InexorableTash)
17 - USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)
18 - Australia: Queensland (hemble)
19 - Australia: Canberra (indy34)
20 - Australia: Geelong (Ed Dolista)
21 - Korea (AlivePoet)
22 - Austria (DoomTown)
23 - Scotland (adventure al)
24 - England: London (Jeremiah Jones)
25 - England: Exeter, Plymouth, Glastonbury, Bovington (inky_skin)
26 - England: <Unknown> (XanaduMel)
27 - Canada (throwmetheidol)

@Stoo - still enjoying your movie-style adventures with Indy. The action shots are outstanding. I'll be very sorry to see the end of your contributions. Thanks for minding the store while I was gone !

@InexorableTash
- many thanks for offering to take Indy to Hawaii, but unforunately Rocket was already a hard-lock for those dates.

@Billy Ray - busting to see your pics mate. To reiterate the messages from others, stay safe out there. To everyone reading this thread, when you are done here, I urge you to spend a couple of minutes visting sites such as www.army.mil/tooursoldiers/ and www.HelpForHeroes.org.uk. Regardless of your political or philosophical views on current global conflicts, there are men and women out there serving in the military on our behalf (together with civilian backup). Show them your support.

If (and it's a big "if" - but I do have some favours to call in) I can arrange it, Indy will be making a special detour in his 30th Anniversary year. Say it with me..."Rancho Obi-Wan"...

Onwards !!! :whip:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
"Got it! L'Étoile de Joie! The rarest flower in Switzerland.* Some say it even has mystical properties. Marion better appreciate the trouble I went through to get this for her!"

*Not true. Completely fabricated B.S.

"The mill house at le Gor du Vauseyon was built in 1614."

"What the...? Now I can see the flower's magic!"

"O.K. I'm done here. Gotta catch up with Jock. This river will take me to the lake..."

Best sequence yet, Stoo!

Inky Skin said:
To everyone reading this thread, when you are done here, I urge you to spend a couple of minutes visting sites such as www.army.mil/tooursoldiers/ and www.HelpForHeroes.org.uk. Regardless of your political or philosophical views on current global conflicts, there are men and women out there serving in the military on our behalf (together with civilian backup). Show them your support.

Well said, Inky. (y)

Billy Ray

Haven't been able to get on the Wi-Fi for a few days so I missed some of these later pics. Great stuff Stoo! Now I wish I had been able to spend some more time with Indy...and now I have to figure out how to tie all my shots into some sort of story that makes sense. Fortunately, some of my shots that I thought might be throwaways might just help me do that.

Oh yeah, I now I know what the pointed stick in Indy's luggage was all about...but what is the little foil thing?

I added some goodies to Indy'd bags as well...including a gift that he picked up for Mutt ;)

Stoo

Indiana Jones and the Ticking Clock of Vauseyon - Last Chapter

"Damn it! I took too long and Jock has left! Now I'm stuck in these rocks and the waves are coming in!"

(Again, normally the Alps are visible across the lake but are covered by clouds here. Can't believe I didn't get one, single shot with the Alps!:mad:)

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_36.jpg

"Made it out of the rocks but just remembered I need to make a quick stop in San Francisco before heading to Afghanistan. Feeling fuzzy...Maybe the Maltese Skunk weed is kicking in again? Anyway, never mind that...I have to wrangle another swan for my flight to The Bay...Come here, swan. Come to Papa..."

Indy_Switz_Neuchatel_37.jpg

inky_skin said:
...still enjoying your movie-style adventures with Indy. The action shots are outstanding. I'll be very sorry to see the end of your contributions. Thanks for minding the store while I was gone !
No problem, Ink! It was my pleasure and your compliments are much appreciated. (Just to inform you, #4, 5 & 6 on the map are not in the correct place.)
Billy Ray said:
Haven't been able to get on the Wi-Fi for a few days so I missed some of these later pics. Great stuff Stoo! Now I wish I had been able to spend some more time with Indy...and now I have to figure out how to tie all my shots into some sort of story that makes sense. Fortunately, some of my shots that I thought might be throwaways might just help me do that.
Story or not, I'm sure everyone will enjoy your pics. I know I will.
Billy Ray said:
Oh yeah, I now I know what the pointed stick in Indy's luggage was all about...but what is the little foil thing?
Aaargh! I completely forgot to tell you.:eek: That was a some Blue-Tac putty wrapped in aluminum foil, in case you (or anyone else) needed it to help make him stand in the wind.
Billy Ray said:
I added some goodies to Indy'd bags as well...including a gift that he picked up for Mutt ;)
Curious!

@Montana & bonoferox: Cheers, guys.:hat:

One more post from me (following immediately) and I'm done. Billy Ray on deck!

XanaduEli

inky_skin said:
Ok - so I'm back ! It's been a fun couple of weeks - and I have the scar to prove it :)

The map and itinerary now look like this:

map_recent-2.jpg

01 - England: Exeter (inky_skin) - DEPARTED 06-May-10
02 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 11-May-10 / DEPARTED 13-May-10
03 - Canada: Ontario, Kingston (Stoo) - ARRIVED 13-May-10 / DEPARTED 16-May-10
04 - Canada: Quebec, Montreal (Stoo) - ARRIVED 16-May-10 / DEPARTED 23-May-10
05 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 24-May-10 / DEPARTED 28-May-10
06 - Malta (Stoo) - ARRIVED 28-May-10 / DEPARTED 31-May-10
07 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 31-May-10 / DEPARTED 07-June-10
08 - USA: San Francisco (Le Saboteur) ARRIVED 11-June-10 / DEPARTED 14-June-10
09 - Afghanistan (Billy Ray) - ARRIVED 23-June-10 / DEPARTED 29-June-10
10 - USA: New Jersey / Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED ???
11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
12 - USA: Indianapolis (bonoferox)
13 - USA: Culver City (Lance Quazar)
14 - USA: LA / SoCal (Pale Horse)
15 - USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
16 - USA: San Francisco (InexorableTash)
17 - USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)
18 - Australia: Queensland (hemble)
19 - Australia: Canberra (indy34)
20 - Australia: Geelong (Ed Dolista)
21 - Korea (AlivePoet)
22 - Austria (DoomTown)
23 - Scotland (adventure al)
24 - England: London (Jeremiah Jones)
25 - England: Exeter, Plymouth, Glastonbury, Bovington (inky_skin)
26 - England: <Unknown> (XanaduMel)
27 - Canada (throwmetheidol)

@Stoo - still enjoying your movie-style adventures with Indy. The action shots are outstanding. I'll be very sorry to see the end of your contributions. Thanks for minding the store while I was gone !

@InexorableTash
- many thanks for offering to take Indy to Hawaii, but unforunately Rocket was already a hard-lock for those dates.

@Billy Ray - busting to see your pics mate. To reiterate the messages from others, stay safe out there. To everyone reading this thread, when you are done here, I urge you to spend a couple of minutes visting sites such as www.army.mil/tooursoldiers/ and www.HelpForHeroes.org.uk. Regardless of your political or philosophical views on current global conflicts, there are men and women out there serving in the military on our behalf (together with civilian backup). Show them your support.

If (and it's a big "if" - but I do have some favours to call in) I can arrange it, Indy will be making a special detour in his 30th Anniversary year. Say it with me..."Rancho Obi-Wan"...

Onwards !!! :whip:

Im not sure if i will be able to take part, the year that i am in in school is a tough year and i will have exams to study for, essays to write,work experience to do, well into next year, ill let you know what is happenig though when it comes nearer to the time

Oh by the way, i am actually in Scotland, not England.

Stoo

Wrap-Up

Back on page 7 (post 91) & page 10 (post 147), I showed a few photos of the diary but here's an in-depth look at the extra stuff...(and a show-off of the cool, mini-diary that Inky made for everyone!) The diary was scanned but the background for the other photos is my mousepad!:)

Diary:
Note: The final depature date from Switzerland needs to be changed from June 04 to June 07. (Rocket, can you please do this?)

Indy_Extra_Diary_02.jpg

Indy_Extra_Diary_03.jpg

Indy_Extra_Diary_04.jpg

Diary Inserts:
-Montreal Canadiens hockey team tattoo
-Montreal metro/bus ticket
-Swiss McDonald's coupon
-Various Swiss newspaper graphics (including a burned photo of the Matterhorn!)
-Malta tour bus receipt
-Air Malta sugar packet (used)

Indy_Diary_Inserts.jpg

Artifacts:
-Custom Pointed Stick (whittled from genuine, alpine Swiss wood)
-Blue Tac TM (w/ aluminum foil wrapper)
-Black Hairband (to replace broken, diary binding strap)
-Coin: 5 centimes (Switzerland)
-Coin: 1 cent (Canada)
-Custom Book/Newspaper/Map thing:

Indy_Extra_PropsVarious.jpg

Artifact - Book/Newspaper/Map thing (Slack, rush job. I could've done much better but it was still fun to make.) Inside, I wrote something about The Raven and Indy going around the world:

Indy_Extra_PropBook.jpg

Zip-Loc TM Indy! Prepared for travel:

Indy_Extra_ZipLoc_01.jpg

My unsuspecting girlfriend on an open-top, double-decker tour bus in Malta + Yours Truly:

Indy_Extra_AnnaStoo.jpg

In closing, I would like to say thank you to Inky for setting this up, and a BIG thanks to my friend, Le Saboteur, for helping me get Indy to Billy Ray in time. Not being a collector of Indy figures, this experience has really made me want to own one and has rejuvinated the passion I had for modeling when I was a kid & early teen (Tamiya & MPC ruled in the late 70s & early 80s!)

Holy Moses, I posted more than 104 images...Yikes!:eek: Thanks to everyone's comments, it's been a TOTAL blast!(y)

That's it for me...TAKE IT AWAY, MR. BILLY RAY!

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
In closing, I would like to say thank you to Inky for setting this up, and a BIG thanks to my friend, Le Saboteur, for helping me get Indy to Billy Ray in time. Not being a collector of Indy figures, this experience has really made me want to own one and has rejuvenated the passion I had for modeling when I was a kid & early teen (Tamiya & MPC ruled in the late 70s & early 80s!)

I apologize for the delay in replying. I've been in Big Sur the past couple of weeks.

Glad to see Indy made it to Afghanistan! And in a decent amount of time! I was happy to slingshot Indy back out to Billy Ray, and keep everything moving forward. Thanks for entrusting the task to me Stoo! I look forward to getting him back here in the future.

Like everybody has said, Stoo, great snaps! You've really set the bar with these, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Jack said I could catch the Pan Am Clipper to Afghanistan somewhere around here.

4705606182_e12c06a4d4_b.jpg

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
Shoot ! Sorry all, I'll correct them ASAP...

To paraphrase Chief Brody,

"We're gonna need a bigger map."

Amazing work, Stoo! You have set the bar incredibly high! Can't wait to see Billy Ray's snaps whenever he gets the chance to throw 'em up.

Save travels, Dr. Jones - and especially to all those who cross your path.

inky_skin

@Stoo - PM me your address again and I'll make sure you get your own Indy. Least I can do in return for your excellent contributions. Seeing the diary again has made me realise that my entry was a bit crap - however, I was pushed for time in sending Indy out, and I hope to rectify the sparseness of that first page when I get him back.

@Lance - yep, the map is going to get horribly complicated soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@Le Saboteur - your "slingshot" was invaluable to the success of this project. Hopefully you'll get a little more time to enjoy Indy and introduce him to the sights when he's back on the West Coast later this year.

@XanaduMel - your location is duly noted.

Map updated (corrected)...

map_recent-3.jpg

I've been investigating the cost of producing a small (A6) photo book containing the best shots from this thread once Indy's journey is complete. Would anyone be interested ?

Stoo

inky_skin said:
@Stoo - PM me your address again and I'll make sure you get your own Indy. Least I can do in return for your excellent contributions. Seeing the diary again has made me realise that my entry was a bit crap - however, I was pushed for time in sending Indy out, and I hope to rectify the sparseness of that first page when I get him back.
Thank you, Inky, for your extremely generous offer but I'm a bit hesitant to take you up on it. Why? You would be deprived of one less figure for your AWESOME custom work.

While giving my diary pages some 'wear & tear' I thought of reproducing a miniature coffee cup stain but didn't get around to it. You can add one to your page!

(Speaking of coffee cups, I regret not doing another perilous 'boil & pop' photo with a Canadian mug like I did with the Swiss one. It would be fun if there was a similar shot with a mug from each country/state to make a running gag throughout Indy's travels. Just an idea...)
inky_skin said:
I've been investigating the cost of producing a small (A6) photo book containing the best shots from this thread once Indy's journey is complete. Would anyone be interested ?
Interested? For sure. (AlivePoet even wrote about doing the same thing in the earlier stages of this thread.) There is a company which makes custom, hardcover books and sells them on-line. The reason I'm suggesting them is because they only produce the books as each order is placed so you won't be stuck with a box/boxes of leftover, unsold books in your house. A good friend of mine has used it twice already and the quality is great and much cheaper than going a printer. (Should you choose to go this route, I can get the website address from him.)

Either way, if you need any help putting it together, let me know as this is part of my profession.;)
Lance Quazar said:
To paraphrase Chief Brody,

"We're gonna need a bigger map."
Ha ha!:D I still can't believe no one from CHICAGO has stepped up to the plate!:whip:

Billy Ray

Hopefully the Wi-Fi will be more cooperative this evening than it was last night and I will be able to start posting some pics. I guess we will know in about an hour...

Billy Ray

DSC004914.JPG

"Mmmph...mmble...mmmff"

DSC004923.JPG

Ah, that's better. That was a heck of a trip

DSC004931.JPG

This doesn't seem too bad

DSC004942.JPG

Hopefully Pan-Am didn't lose my luggage

DSC004951.JPG

Now to find some lodging for the night

DSC006312.JPG

This looks promising...

DSC00543.JPG

Well, I guess I've stayed in worse places than this. Tomorrow I will need to arrange transportation...

inky_skin

@Billy Ray - Wow. In those last two pictures you've already delivered on the crazy awesomeness that seeing Indy in the Middle East promised. Is that your billet ? Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve...

@Stoo - Seriously man, I have a stack of "Raiders" Indy's - happy to part with one :) Apologies for not spotting the comment from AlivePoet - I'll be sure to speak to both of you before considering putting a photobook together. Actually, I might want to pick your brains about documenting an Indy idea I have for the 30th Anniversary. Heard of the Vader Project ? Now imagine it with the Fertility Idol from Raiders...

Last edited:

Stoo

Mini-Indy said:
This looks promising...
It sure does. Nice way to begin, Billy Ray, and I'm looking forward to the rest of Indy's Afghan adventure!
inky_skin said:
Seriously man, I have a stack of "Raiders" Indy's - happy to part with one:)
O.K. If you insist!:D Now to make some room in my PM Inbox.
inky_skin said:
Apologies for not spotting the comment from AlivePoet - I'll be sure to speak to both of you before considering putting a photobook together. Actually, I might want to pick your brains about documenting an Indy idea I have for the 30th Anniversary. Heard of the Vader Project ? Now imagine it with the Fertility Idol from Raiders...
No need to apologize. No, I hadn't heard of the Vader Project but looked it up. Feel free to ask me anything. As far as a book is concerned, the hardest part would be choosing the best photos. I predict we may end up with a total of over 1000 shots.:eek:

Again, great idea, Inky. This thread is destined to become one of the all-time classics at The Raven. (5108 hits in less than 2 months!)

Billy Ray

Thanks guys...I know the first batch isn't too exciting but I wanted to document Indy's trip from arrival to departure. Will post more soon, it is kind of slow going today as I had to figure out a work around to post them from work and I had to post upload one image at a time.

@inky Yeah, that's my little partioned off area of the tent. Not the best pic, but it is hard to get it all in frame. I realize now that I should have made my bed first :eek: