Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

tnswman

Ok, here is some images from my STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION Well of the Souls playset
100_1339.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1341.jpg

100_1343.jpg

Now, I KNOW this is not complete. I am about to finish the WOS Marion figure and I have a TON of Hyroglyphs to ad as well as other details. I also know the Anubis statues are all wrong. However, I may do some re-sculpts on them, I dunno, this is just a display for my figures.

How many people ever noticed the Mummy and sarcophagus in the movie?

And YES, The ARK is under the cover ;)

Man I need a Good Tanis Belloq though :(

Luke Sprywalker

WOW! This is very cool! You beet me to it. I have been watching the same statues on ebay if they are the 15" tall ones. I wanted to reposition the arms to hold up the roof and was going to get only 2. What material are they made from and how hard do you think repositioning would be? You have done a great job with this as you can recreate several scenes with this one piece.

tnswman

Luke Sprywalker said:
WOW! This is very cool! You beet me to it. I have been watching the same statues on ebay if they are the 15" tall ones. I wanted to reposition the arms to hold up the roof and was going to get only 2. What material are they made from and how hard do you think repositioning would be? You have done a great job with this as you can recreate several scenes with this one piece.

Yea, if you look at all of my "playsets" I always do multi level / multi functioning..you can see the others on this page near the front page.

They are VERY hard and thick resin..I know how I am going to do it, I just need to find the time.

now, I have the materials for a FULL sized Idol temple based off the actual temple schematics ( circular structure ). it will take forever to get to it though with my schedule LOL!

okay, here's my display. Picturequality ain't that good, as I only have a cellphone to take pictures with for now, but hopefully, you get the idea! :) I built all the mountains, river, houses, trees, bridge, mine car and stuff myself, basically because those off the shelf model trees are waaaaaay to expensive.

dsc00699w.jpg

more pictures here in my photobucket album

Lambonius

HOLY CRAP, THAT IS AWESOME!! Where have you been hiding, Quantum Girl?!? Amazing contribution to this thread. Please do not hesitate to post many MANY more high quality pics when you get a chance. Wow.

EDIT: Just looked through your photobucket album. Absolutely jaw-dropping work. Stunning. I literally can't stop looking at that. Truly a work of art.

DOUBLE EDIT: Jesus. Any single one of those set-pieces would have been amazing, but all together like that--the effect is staggering. Your attention to detail and the skill at which you've conceived and modeled those pieces is truly spectacular. Are you some kind of professional? ;)

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

SWEEEET JESUS!!

Wow, this is the best Indiana Jones display I've ever seen!

Absolutely extraordinary, incredible, mind-blowing work!!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!!

The amount of hard work and the level of artistry on display here is staggering!!!!

Wow......

Goonie

Lambonius said:
HOLY CRAP, THAT IS AWESOME!!

My words exactly, I'll say it too: HOLY CRAP, THAT IS AWESOME!!(y) (y)

That's better than Hasbro's Comic Con display. I love how all the scenes are integrated together into one display. Excellent work.(y) (y)

I want to see more photos of that display room. Looks like it is well themed. Like Disneyland! (y)

Last edited:

Luke Sprywalker

Holy crap that is AMAZING! This is one of the most beautiful displays I have ever seen. I can't believe how well it works to cram so many scenes from all the films in 1 display. It all works so well together and the Ark crate is sets on is a great final touch. I would love to know what materials you used and see some progress pics if you have any to offer. Thanks for sharing and what will you work on next?

San Holo

Great job QuantumGirl, I have never seen such an awesome display of talent-you should do this professionally!(y) (y)

Thank you so much guys! You make me blush! ;)

Goonie said:
I want to see more photos of that display room. Looks like it is well themed. Like Disneyland! (y)
Yes, it's all Indy. In fact, people always tell me that my whole apartment is one giant toystore. :D Pictures will have to wait a few weeks, as I'm at my parents place now, but I'll make sure to post some once I get back.

Billy Ray said:
Did you also make the Ark crate that this set up is on?
Yes, I did. A few years ago already. :)

Luke Sprywalker said:
I would love to know what materials you used and see some progress pics if you have any to offer. Thanks for sharing and what will you work on next?
No progress pics, I'm afraid. :eek: I'm bad when it comes to that. I always get so absorbed with a project, that I totally forget to take pics until I'm done.
Basically, I used styrofoam and cardboard to construct the main thing, which was then covered in plaster and finally painted. Then, I just added small real stones, twigs, moss in different colors and foliage, which you'll find in a store that sells supply for model trains.
Trees are made with wire, paper mache and folliage (for the palmtrees, I used feathers, which I spraypeinted green). The river is clear resin, poured over a bed of sand and stones. I used Evergreen polystyrene sheets to construct the mine car and simple wire for Willies cage.

I'm not sure, what I'll work on next. I always have so many projects at the same time. I still need to finish some sort of display for the LEGO sets.

San Holo said:
you should do this professionally!
thanks! Yeah, I'd love to, but there are no real jobs for that kinda stuff, at least not here. :(

indyclone25

what a great display --- there is now way hasbro would even come close to a display like that! how many hours did it take to do and what was the cost?

Goonie

QuantumGirl said:
I'm not sure, what I'll work on next.

Try the Temple of the Forbidden Eye papermodel, it's free! Here's the link:
http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/temple_model.php
All the parts are in zip files and are available on that page.

Here's some of the progress I've made on mine:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=14985

I haven't worked on it for over five months, but I do want to get back into it and finish it off. I ran into a problem with my old printer and had to buy a new one, and I noticed the colours are slightly different. So it's going to need some tweaking. It's slightly off scale to the 3.75" figs, but it is pretty close.

Are you on the COW boards? You should share your work with some of those prop replicators there.

indyclone25 said:
how many hours did it take to do and what was the cost?
I estimate the net-worktime to be 2 weeks. I already started last year, but got distracted with college and stuff. I think I only payed about 10 bucks (for foliage). All the other stuff (plaster, styrofoam, paint.....), I have laying around anyway, since crafts of all kinds are my main hobby. :)

Goonie said:
Are you on the COW boards? You should share your work with some of those prop replicators there.
Yes, already did. :)