$33 Indy Shirt

JayDee

Hello guys.

so... my first thread here in this great community ;)

i live in germany, and not long ago i found an online-shop who sells military/outdoor-stuff. so i found this safari-shirt:

14012_1.jpg

I think it´s pretty similar to the one that Indy wears. Also i think the price is fine. maybe it just needs some more dirt-look, but that shouldnt be a problem.

here is the link to the shop:
www.asmc.de

and here is the safari shirt:
http://www.asmc.de/de/Bekleidung/Hemden/Safarihemd-Langarm-khaki-p.html

What do you think?

PS: Yes, they sell oversea.

eazybox

Congratulations on your first thread.

This shirt looks a bit too dark and too green to my eyes. But it's fine for a good enough look. Bleaching it might help.

One of the best "good enough" shirts used to be L. L. Bean's Field Shirt. I don't know if it still has exactly the same look and color as it did when I bought mine years ago, but it might be worth checking out.

Jack

Deckard

Not bad but no pleats up the front which for me is noticable, and like he said the color is off, but still pretty good for $30.

eazybox

Yes, the Cabelas Safari Shirt in Stone would be a good choice. Like the Bean Field Shirt it has been popular with Indy fans for years. If you only need this shirt as a costume item and are after really steep bargains, you might also find similar-looking examples at WalMart or KMart.

Jack

Katarn07

I was at Kohls today getting some new shoes and actually decided to check for a shirt like this. I couldn't find one. They usually have a better selection in clothing than Walmart and Target so I'm guessing they don't either. But I could be wrong. It wouldn't hurt checking out I suppose. I still need the bag so would like to get everything as cheap as possible (especially at the cost of that fedora and jacket! :eek: )

Katarn07

I was in Wal-Mart today getting some stuff for school and looked in the Men's Department. I found this which I think gives an Indy vibe. But that's all it had going for it with the cheap price tag.

I'm seriously thinking of signing up for a Cabelas credit card to save $20 on my purchase and cut the card up once I get it. lol