New Acquisitions!!

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
Anyone snap any pictures of these "new quality" paint jobs? Love to see a group of them...

Dude, I really and HONESTLY want to see what YOU think is a PERFET paint application...I stand behind my idea that you have to be too picky and simply must look at every crease and crevice of the figures ( even though you can only see one side of them )...If you are having THAT much trouble finding a figure that suits your paint needs..I REALLY hate to tell you this, But it is YOUR fault, NOT hasbro's! You simply have expectations higher than a Mass production toy line can meet.

Maybe you should buy the figures and re-paint them to meet your needs. Do something man because you are ruining the enjoyment for yourself.

Now, I'm not being an @sshole here..I'm being a realist. I just don't think you understand how it seems to the rest of us when you complain about finding DOZENS of figures that you just toss down due to paint. So I want to see what PERFECT looks like.

Last edited:

Indy fan 235

Last night I got two of the Burger King toys. The crate with the bug (it's an ant, right?) in it and Indy on top of the ruin with the Crystal Skull in it.

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Dude, I really and HONESTLY want to see what YOU think is a PERFET paint application...I stand behind my idea that you have to be too picky and simply must look at every crease and crevice of the figures ( even though you can only see one side of them )...If you are having THAT much trouble finding a figure that suits your paint needs..I REALLY hate to tell you this, But it is YOUR fault, NOT hasbro's! You simply have expectations higher than a Mass production toy line can meet.

Maybe you should buy the figures and re-paint them to meet your needs. Do something man because you are ruining the enjoyment for yourself.

Not including the vintage figures, I've collected modern Star Wars since the line's revival in 1995. They are certainly mass produced but I have never had a problem finding a good figure from that line. What I'm seeing from Hasbro as far as Indy is concerned is sloppy work. It's the same company producing figures in the same scale and being priced at the same price point (in fact, slightly higher). They should be of the same quality. Period. And they aren't.

Today I went through four more cases of basic figures and one more case of deluxe, and only walked away with Mutt (leather jacket) and an Ugha Warrior (I also picked up the last vehicle I needed - the cargo truck).

To set the record straight, I am the pickiest collector ever - I would put money on it. But I never had to keep passing so many times due to paint on a single Star Wars figure in the past. What does that tell you?

metalinvader

For the record.I've had nothing but GREAT paint jobs and I scored every figure on May 1st.

But,I'm not really that picky.I'm honestly just grateful that I've finally got the toyline that I've always dreamed about.

tnswman

metalinvader said:
For the record.I've had nothing but GREAT paint jobs and I scored every figure on May 1st.

But,I'm not really that picky.I'm honestly just grateful that I've finally got the toyline that I've always dreamed about.

AMEN!!!

Being Picky is not a good thing when your expectations clearly defy the reality.

YES! Hasbro addressed the paint problems for the initial run of figures...It was due to a different plant doing the work..and now it is fixed..What you have now is VERY nice figures with about 4 of the Indy's looking EXACTLY like Harrison!! even the new paints on the Whip action Indy look EXACTLY like him...EXACTLY!!

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
AMEN!!!

Being Picky is not a good thing when your expectations clearly defy the reality.

YES! Hasbro addressed the paint problems for the initial run of figures...It was due to a different plant doing the work..and now it is fixed..What you have now is VERY nice figures with about 4 of the Indy's looking EXACTLY like Harrison!! even the new paints on the Whip action Indy look EXACTLY like him...EXACTLY!!

Here's a shot of the head of the deluxe Pitfall Indy that I bought today. The "Cairo Indy" behind him sports the head for the first Pitfall Indy that I bought on May 1st:

Indy_045.jpg

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
Here's a shot of the head of the deluxe Pitfall Indy that I bought today. The "Cairo Indy" behind him sports the head for the first Pitfall Indy that I bought on May 1st:

Indy_045.jpg

Awesome sculpt! My Pitfall Indy heasculpt is a lot more neutral-looking, while yours just looks angry! :)

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
Do you have a link to where Hasbro addressed this?

You can find it around the time of the toy fair...It is posted in several places...If nothing else, Just look at the figures.

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
You can find it around the time of the toy fair...It is posted in several places...If nothing else, Just look at the figures.

I don't see a difference between what was out on May 1st and what we're seeing in the revision cases - I'm still having to pass on nearly every figure on the pegs due to lazy eyes, sloppy belt buckles, hairlines that either make the figure look like its balding or that its hair is bleeding onto the figure's forehead, etc. The paint is just as sloppy now as it was then. Surely someone has a link to Hasbro addressing this if they did. I've heard on this forum that they have (mostly from you) but I've never seen it. Anybody have a link?

bonoferox

I'm seeing a lot of the new paint figures now that the re-stocks are showing up. All he KOTCS Indy's now have a very dark 5:00 shadow.....it just doesnt look right. Eyes look okay, though.

Last edited:

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
I don't see a difference between what was out on May 1st and what we're seeing in the revision cases - I'm still having to pass on nearly every figure on the pegs due to lazy eyes, sloppy belt buckles, hairlines that either make the figure look like its balding or that its hair is bleeding onto the figure's forehead, etc. The paint is just as sloppy now as it was then. Surely someone has a link to Hasbro addressing this if they did. I've heard on this forum that they have (mostly from you) but I've never seen it. Anybody have a link?

Look back through the threads.

It was the #1 most addressed problem when the line was shown.

How about you just STOP telling us about your problems and let us know when you find the PERFECT indy..Then show us a pic ( since you won't show us one of your other perfect figures ) and then I will show you that I probably have 5 of the same thing that you do.

It's Getting old....we get the point, you are picky and you hate the paint apps.. Why keep going on and on about it to us? Why not address it with hasbro?

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Look back through the threads.

It was the #1 most addressed problem when the line was shown.

How about you just STOP telling us about your problems and let us know when you find the PERFECT indy..Then show us a pic ( since you won't show us one of your other perfect figures ) and then I will show you that I probably have 5 of the same thing that you do.

It's Getting old....we get the point, you are picky and you hate the paint apps.. Why keep going on and on about it to us? Why not address it with hasbro?

So...I take it you don't have a link then. Alright. That's all I needed to know.

Billy Ray

Marty Jones said:
So...I take it you don't have a link then. Alright. That's all I needed to know.

I distictly remember the poor paint apps issue being addresed in one of Hasbro's Q&As shortly after toy fair, but I can't find it now. I'll post a link if I come across it.

tnswman

Marty Jones said:

Why would I? Obviously, It is not an issue for me now that they are fixed...I have FIGURE after FIGURE with AMAZING paint apps.

I just am sorry you expect the impossible.

Last edited:

Indy fan 235

I picked up a slew of figures today, Marion and Spalko amongst them. They are pretty easy to fine by me, but sitll no Cemetary Warrior.

I also got the display of the Indy paperback books from the book store today.

MR Round

I went Figure hunting today and finally found an Irena Spalko and Ugha Warrior I picked them up.The Walmart here had all the Kingdom ones,but Col Dovchenko I cant find him anywhere:mad: